News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF + Gallery2

Started by Oldiesmann, August 19, 2005, 06:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

For the past several months, I have been working on integrating Gallery2 with SMF (it started after I found that Coppermine didn't have everything I wanted). I am pleased to report that the integration project is moving along nicely and I will start beta testing soon. Here's a list of features:

Complete integration - whenever a user updates their profile in SMF, it is automatically updated in the gallery as well.

Two different modes - choose from "embedded" mode (gallery displayed inside the forum) or "bridged" mode (everything is integrated, but users are redirected to the external gallery)
Membergroup integration - option to link membergroups (useful for setting up quotas, etc.)

G2 Image Chooser - Complete integration of the G2 Image Chooser script (using bbcode), making it much easier for users to post images from the gallery in the forum

User Album links - If you have the user album module enabled, you can choose to link to a member's user album in their posts and on their profile. URLs are generated through Gallery, so the URL will always reflect your setup.

User Profile links - If you have the "members" module enabled, you can choose to display a link to a member's Gallery profile in their forum profile.

Registration - User accounts are created the first time the user accesses the gallery. SMF automatically checks with Gallery to see if the username is registered there. If it is, SMF will inform the user of this and ask for their gallery password. Otherwise it will ask for their forum password.

SSI.php - Image block functions in SSI.php to make complete site integration a bit easier. Simply pass the appropriate parameters to the function and it will do the rest for you.

Some features included in Gallery2:
Modules system - add or remove functionality as needed - if you don't use something, simply deactivate or uninstall the module.
Individual galleries - if you choose, each member can have their own personal gallery, and can configure it to their likings
Sub-albums - create albums within albums
Comments system - allow users to leave comments on photos.
Highly configurable system - Choose what types of files can be uploaded, how big they can be and more.
Custom fields - add custom fields to albums.
EXIF/IPTC - customizable EXIF/IPTC information - choose how much information to display in both "Summary" and "Detailed" modes
Much much more...

More info:
Gallery2 - http://gallery.menalto.com
This project - http://galleryproject.oldiesmann.us

Latest news (November 16th, 2011):

Version 1.0 final is out, compatible with SMF 2.0 and above. See website for complete details.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

codenaught

Looking great.  :D

I would be willing to beta test it.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

mennou

Zarabadoo

I am silling to run it through the ringer a bit. been waiting for an integration like this.

JayBachatero

Hey bro whats up.  im interested in beta testing it also.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Aravot

Oldiesmann

The link should work now... My host might have been down when you tried it.

I'm putting the finishing touches on everything now and will post more info on beta testing soon.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

mennou

i got errors

An Error Has Occurred!
Error (ERROR_MISSING_OBJECT) : 10 GalleryUser<B>in</B> modules/core/classes/helpers/GalleryEntityHelper_simple.class <B>at line</B> 138 (GalleryStatus::error)
<B>in</B> modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class <B>at line</B> 2207 (GalleryEntityHelper_simple::loadEntityByExternalId)
<B>in</B> modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class <B>at line</B> 332 (GalleryCoreApi::loadEntityByExternalId)
<B>in</B> /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/Sources/Gallery.php <B>at line</B> 295 (GalleryEmbed::updateUser)
<B>in</B> /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/Sources/Subs.php <B>at line</B> 481
<B>in</B> /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/Sources/LogInOut.php <B>at line</B> 269
<B>in</B> /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/index.php <B>at line</B> 120
<B>in</B> /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/index.php <B>at line</B> 120

http://smf.oldiesmann.us/galleryproject/index.php?action=gallery
Error (ERROR_MISSING_OBJECT) : 10 GalleryUserin modules/core/classes/helpers/GalleryEntityHelper_simple.class at line 138 (GalleryStatus::error) in modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class at line 2207 (GalleryEntityHelper_simple::loadEntityByExternalId) in modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class at line 332 (GalleryCoreApi::loadEntityByExternalId) in /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/Sources/Gallery.php at line 295 (GalleryEmbed::updateUser) in /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/Sources/Subs.php at line 481 in /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/Sources/Load.php at line 132 in /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/index.php at line 131 in /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/index.php at line 120

1MileCrash

looks good for me^^

A few more mods like this...and phpBB will DIE
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

mennou

Neol

Daniel D.

Herman's Mixen

looking great inside of smf
so i will take part of some translation for the dutch community if that's possible
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

scrawl

Quote from: The Burglar! on August 20, 2005, 07:26:34 PM
looking great inside of smf
so i will take part of some translation for the dutch community if that's possible

was checking this out today. this is exactly what i want, i hate coppermine, top work. when are you expecting to release?

EDIT: and any chance i could get in on the beta testing i'm eager to get this started on my forum. cheers.

EDIT2: is it working properly now? it was fine this morning but now it doesn't show up the same and if i click on anything i get sent to another smf board.

Oldiesmann

I updated the code last night and forgot to change a couple of parameters to match what I was using there. It should work fine now.

I am almost done with this (just have to finish getting the 1.1 Beta 3 Public code together and make sure the mods install properly), so I will be posting code for beta testing on that site (http://smf.oldiesmann.us/galleryproject/index.php) soon. Glad to see such a big interest in this :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

trenchteam

Does this run off 1.05 as well? I really like the Gallery. I was never too fond of Coppermine.

Aravot

When logged in clicking on Gallery button I get the following error.

Error (ERROR_MISSING_OBJECT) : 0 GalleryGroup<B>in</B> modules/core/classes/helpers/GalleryEntityHelper_simple.class <B>at line</B> 138 (GalleryStatus::error)
<B>in</B> modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class <B>at line</B> 2207 (GalleryEntityHelper_simple::loadEntityByExternalId)
<B>in</B> /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/Sources/Gallery.php <B>at line</B> 366 (GalleryCoreApi::loadEntityByExternalId)
<B>in</B> /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/Sources/Gallery.php <B>at line</B> 85
<B>in</B> /home/oldies/public_html/smf/galleryproject/Sources/Gallery.php <B>at line</B> 85

this does not happen if I am not logged in, can access the gallery.

JayBachatero

Same for me.  Only when logged in. ^^^^^
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Ray™

Where do you get the Gallery2 to test it??
arcade-Only (over 800 Games)
http://www.arcade-only.com
Hand Made Ceramics
http://cbr.rranderson.com

SmackDaddy

Definitely would love to help beta-test if you still need people!  Thanks!

Advertisement: