News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

wysiwyg not working

Started by scimmiotto, July 05, 2012, 07:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scimmiotto

which package are u referring?
Loop code example:
The following statement is FALSE
The previous statement is TRUE.

kat

In earlier versions of SMF, the WYSIWYG editor was a mod.

I think Gaz may be confused. ;)

I'm just going out, as it happens, because it's my birthday.

Ask your host about the java thing. It may be out of date. But, I'm not sure about that.

I'll check back, here, when I get home. :)

scimmiotto

Ok k@.

In the meanwhile up
Loop code example:

kat

Please, quit with this "Up" thing. We'll help as soon as we can. Bumping things won't speed things up. People have to sleep and eat, you know. ;)

Besides, you haven't answered the java question.

Quote from: K@ on July 06, 2012, 06:07:15 AMAsk your host about the java thing. It may be out of date. But, I'm not sure about that.

kat

I just tried to log into your forum, to check the error-logs. Seems I can no longer log in. :(

Can you check those and see what errors there are, if any?

You might want to look at the server logs, too.

Arantor

Re Java from the earlier posts, that's Java, not JavaScript. Java itself is not used anywhere in SMF.

In your browser, there should be an option to see about any JavaScript errors, though, and that will be useful to know.

kat

By the way, are your .htaccess files the standard ones? Or, have you modified any of them?

scimmiotto

to all:

the htaccess files are not modified.

i use chrome, how to see javascript files?

K@, sorry i pushed a backup of db, in wich the user was not created, if u need it i'll create it again.
Loop code example:

kat

No, it's fine.

You can find those errors easily enough, in Forum Maintenance.

The others, you can get from your site's CPanel, probably. If not, ask your host.

Arantor

Uh, K@, JavaScript errors are totally in the browser, not anywhere else.

In Chrome, press F12 to bring up the dev panel, you should see a little number in the bottom right corner with a red cross by it, click on it to see the errors.

kat

Yeah, I know that. (It scared me, too!).

I was thinking of ANY errors which might throw some light on this.

kat

We may have something... :)

QuoteThe problem is that they have some javascript inserted into the very top of their page. When a page is rendered there should not be any other javascript or HTML before the <!DOCTYPE tag. You can see that they have some javascript before it if you view the source on their page. They need to move that code at least after the <head> tag.

scimmiotto

AFTER having tried for 3 days (tnx to all, especially to k@), i found the problem.

The problem is in this mod

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2833

that blocks javascript on 2.0.2.

It's very insidious, because, after installed, even if u rewrite the entire forum, the problem persists.

u must REMOVE this for having the forum work. i think it's related to the install.php (and remove.php) files, but i didn't read the code, so i dunno what these files do.
Loop code example:

kat

How weird!

Oh, well, as long as you got it sorted, all's good! :)

scimmiotto

Loop code example:

Advertisement: