News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.5 critical security patch released

Started by Oldiesmann, August 12, 2013, 08:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberjack

Upgraded without any problem with below modifications, thank you

1.   Simple Image Upload    1.4.0     
2.   SMFPacks Shoutbox    1.0.4     
3.   Users Online Today    2.0.3     
4.   Smiiliis    1.0     
5.   No Download Attachment    1.0     
6.   SMF 2.0.5 Update    1.0     

Robert.

Shambles

Quote from: Oldiesmann
...These vulnerabilities do not impact the SMF 1.1.X branch...
You haven't listed any vulnerabilities; it would be good to see what's been fixed/improved, as other software providers do.

Burke ♞ Knight

4 sites with 2 different theme, and a combined total of over 200 mods (But, all 4 use same, so mod count is actually about 50. :P ).

Update installed perfectly.

Had to do the above listed Run Now on 2, but everything worked fine. :)

ziycon

Ah life is good, updated forum on one site over my mobile (cellphone for the US peeps) all working grand. :)

Frikers

Neo_TE

Kindred

Shambles, we have never listed the corrected vulnerabilities in the announcements. That would just make it easier for anyone who had bad intentions to find a site which has not upgraded and try them out on that site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gisfreak

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Snuffy

First THANKS! for the reminder email I got as a member here, as my MEM is not that great anymore and I need these little reminders!   ;)

GREAT JOB DEV's    8)

I used the package manager and it was fast and slick as ]-[eLL like always!
Keep up the fantastic support to us, that we have come to expect only the BEST from the BEST!

emanuele

Quote from: Shambles on August 13, 2013, 04:54:24 AM
Quote from: Oldiesmann
...These vulnerabilities do not impact the SMF 1.1.X branch...
You haven't listed any vulnerabilities; it would be good to see what's been fixed/improved, as other software providers do.
The changelog contains at least some kind of description of what has been fixed. ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Shambles

Quote from: emanuele
The changelog contains at least some kind of description of what has been fixed. ;)
I used the mod parser to see what was in it :)

The pedant within me was simply querying why the phrase "These vulnerabilities" was used when no such vulnerabilities are actually mentioned.

Itchigotim

That was my first thought with the breach not a distant memory. But I don't know that much either. Even so, I'm grateful for the support here. Thanks, team!!
Roguepinball: ¡¡ɟooɹ ǝɥʇ uo ǝʇıs ןןɐquıd ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ

GravuTrad

Any language files change? (seems not but...)
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

zarachrome

First of all, thank you very much for SMF support.
Now, the questions: must I uninstall my mods (10) and reinstall after the upgrade?
My site has got many mods translated in spanish in separate php files with spanish strings. Will I lose translations?
I am worried because I've made a big modification with a customized theme and SMF Gallery Pro.

Thank you.

emanuele

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

Quote from: zarachrome on August 13, 2013, 09:41:02 AM
Now, the questions: must I uninstall my mods (10) and reinstall after the upgrade?
No, just go to the admin panel and install the patch as a normal mod.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

GravuTrad

On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

zarachrome

Quote from: emanuele on August 13, 2013, 09:42:23 AM
Quote from: zarachrome on August 13, 2013, 09:41:02 AM
No, just go to the admin panel and install the patch as a normal mod.

Ah, Ok. Good news.
Thank you very much :)

Advertisement: