News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.5 critical security patch released

Started by Oldiesmann, August 12, 2013, 08:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Dear users,

Simple Machines Forum is pleased to announce the next security update for the SMF 2.0 product line.

To ensure the continued security of your forum it is advised that you update to SMF 2.0.5 without delay. These vulnerabilities do not impact the SMF 1.1.X branch.

If you are running 2.0.4, you can update your forum to 2.0.5 using the built in package manager. You should see the upgrade notification in the admin panel and in the package manager, allowing you to download and install seamlessly. If you don't have a notification about the update, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files" from the administration panel (Admin -> Maintenance -> Scheduled Tasks). You can also download the update for 2.0.4 from the customize site (http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/): smf_patch_2.0.5.tar.gz, and install it using the package manager.

If you use an older version of SMF, you can upgrade it with the full upgrade packages from the downloads page. Note that this will remove all installed mods! It is recommended to use the patch as described above.

As always you can find more instructions on our wiki:
upgrading
patching

Support is available to all users for this upgrade, but it will only be provided in the support board: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=147.0
Please do not use this topic for support related inquiries. 

Charter Members can file a ticket for any assistance or assisted upgrades through the help desk.

Thank you,
SMF Team
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Antes

Liam.

Time to see how many people think this is related to the recent security breach.

LiroyvH

Quote from: Liam. on August 12, 2013, 09:04:45 PM
Time to see how many people think this is related to the recent security breach.

Not sure if your post was intended as flamebait, but either way: No, it's not related.
That should already become clear the moment you read that announcement. :)

Deaks

Liam. I predict a few people will think they are related its human nature.  But they will be incorrect as we all know.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Liam.

Quote from: CoreISP on August 12, 2013, 09:11:07 PMNot sure if your post was intended as flamebait, but either way: No, it's not related.
That should already become clear the moment you read that announcement. :)

It wasn't meant to be flame bait, and I know it's not related. It's pretty clear, but there were still people in that thread that didn't manage to understand it regardless of how clear it was!

LiroyvH

Quote from: Liam. on August 12, 2013, 09:29:36 PM
It wasn't meant to be flame bait, and I know it's not related. It's pretty clear, but there were still people in that thread that didn't manage to understand it regardless of how clear it was!

Ah, good :)
Yes, there were. And I'm afraid, as Runic points out, there always will be. :(

But... That won't stop SMF from making awesome releases when deemed necessary of course! :)

Thanks for your support!

Mstcool

WOOT WOOT!!

I was just thinking about 2.0.5 today lol. XD

Deaks

see we read your mind  ..... mwahahahahaha
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

ARG01

Damn, my site is not even open yet and I already need a patch?  ;D

No upgrade notification in the admin panel or the package manager but the downloaded patch installed without a hitch. Thanks peeps.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: ARG on August 12, 2013, 10:03:10 PM
Damn, my site is not even open yet and I already need a patch?  ;D

No upgrade notification in the admin panel or the package manager but the downloaded patch installed without a hitch. Thanks peeps.  ;)

As a reminder, please run the "Fetch Simple Machines Files" task if you don't see upgrade notifications:
Admin -> Maintenance -> Scheduled Tasks
Check the box in the "Run Now" column next to "Fetch Simple Machines Files" (3rd from the bottom of the list)
Click the "Run Now" button
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

busterone

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

ladyquack

sAce

Advertisement: