Recent Forum Topics on Boardindex For 2.0.x

Started by Pipke, May 05, 2014, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGR

Thank you advice Pipke, i like using nchat as the shoutbox works perfect on the mobile theme. and no real need for a portal page :)

opendebate

I thank you for your work.

This Mod is very fantastic

I am a Korean. So to speak English is not very good. Please understand that

I hope that the next version of this Mod will include functions of 'roll up'.

and

How can I report language pack for this mod?

Pipke

Quote from: opendebate on May 16, 2014, 11:17:21 PM
I thank you for your work.

This Mod is very fantastic

I am a Korean. So to speak English is not very good. Please understand that

I hope that the next version of this Mod will include functions of 'roll up'.

and

How can I report language pack for this mod?

Collapse will be in next update.

Language files you can attach them in your post and i will add them to the mod in next update.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

etn991

Quote from: Pipke on May 11, 2014, 05:24:37 PM

Nevermind about the screenshot or site link, i figured out what you mean, i have a solution for that but it takes a file edit and some code to a portal costum php block, ill post that later, i'm testing first to be sure it will not mess up any/your forum. Btw with adding code to portal php block you can also choose to collapse the thingy  :P

Heres a screenshot on a new site i'm currently working on, ive been testing on that one.

Thank you for the update, and sorry I didn't get you a screenshot or a link to my website quickly.  But your screenshot described exactly what I hoped to see.

Additionally, I noticed in that screenshot that the member names were colored in your mod, but in the current version I do not have colors (but they are seen elsewhere in the forums).  I am using mod "Member Color Link 3.1 " to show the colors.  Is this not compatible?

Thanks again for your nice work.

Ed

my website:  hxxp:1streconbn.net [nonactive]

Bugo

Hardcoded text in 35, 58 lines (" to " and "Show all your posts").

Pipke

Quote from: Bugo on May 30, 2014, 09:43:36 AM
Hardcoded text in 35, 58 lines (" to " and "Show all your posts").

Thx for finding that, ill fix it in next update.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

djdaterror

Hi, beautyful mod, but is possible to change to the footer? Best regards.

vkmaxx

Nice mod, I also need to translate it to polish.

vkmaxx

This mode breaks View Single Category mod.

After install it, singe category mod stops working  (you can't view single category) and you can't collapse forums.

Pipke

Quote from: vkmaxx on June 08, 2014, 08:57:58 AM
This mode breaks View Single Category mod.

After install it, singe category mod stops working  (you can't view single category) and you can't collapse forums.

Try the attachment wich i posted earlier in this post

Gryzor

This was marked as updated today? Is anything new?

Pipke

Quote from: Gryzor on October 08, 2014, 11:52:42 AM
This was marked as updated today? Is anything new?

no, just that it works with the new version of smf 2.0.9

Gryzor

Burke ♞ Knight

I'd like to know if you could post what would be needed to make a custom php block for this to show?
I use SimplePortal, and on the main page, I'd like this to be in the middle (top) blocks area.
I figure, instead of file edits, having this mod set to Disable Recent Forum Topics only from the Frontpage with SimplePortal, then use a block to add it wherever we want.

Pipke

Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 09, 2014, 10:07:38 AM
I'd like to know if you could post what would be needed to make a custom php block for this to show?
I use SimplePortal, and on the main page, I'd like this to be in the middle (top) blocks area.
I figure, instead of file edits, having this mod set to Disable Recent Forum Topics only from the Frontpage with SimplePortal, then use a block to add it wherever we want.

You mean like the screenshot on this post
This can only be done/activated on homepage(portal), boardindex, some actions and pages with simpleportal and NOT at BOARD pages cos it will mess up the code.
If thats the case you want, let me know and ill make a php file to do so, and then you can add a new php block with some code.

Burke ♞ Knight

I'd just want it for the "Portal" page.
That would be the only setting I'd set the block to display on. :)

Pipke

like screenshot attachment? also see at this site live now.

Burke ♞ Knight

Looking great. :)
I have a suggestion for your site, though...
Add the avatar of the last poster to it.
Maybe to the right of the last post section.

Pipke

Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 09, 2014, 10:07:38 AM

ok here we go, it should work for now, use at own risk!

Upload file from attachment (RecentForumTopicsBlock.php) of this post with ftp to folder ../Sources

Then create/add with simpleportal a costum php block(only top/bottom, not header/left/right) and add this code to it:
global $sourcedir;
include("$sourcedir/RecentForumTopicsBlock.php");

Don't forget to set display/style settings etc then save it and you should be good to go.(do NOT use 'SELECT BOARDS' in the advanced options)

420SA

Hi there

Thanks for the mod it's great and exactly what I needed for my forum! There is just one problem, my forum requires a login to see any content on the forum. The problem is the Recent Topics board shows up on the login page so the public can see the Recent Topics which I don't want. I don't see any way to change the permissions?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement: