News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.8 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, June 18, 2014, 02:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

Right, I didn't think of the option to ignore errors for a moment, but I imagine several support topics about people asking what to do though, since the package manager says it's highly not recommended to continue if there are errors, even if they know that they changed it. Especially the people who are not good with computers. ;)

butchs

Sounds like an option for 2.1?
:)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Arantor

Oh dear god not more options. I tried to remove options in 2.1 because more != better.

The thing is, you already have an option. You're presented with the option to proceed anyway and manually make changes. Or the package author has an option to mark certain edits not done - as in fact the 2.0.8 package makes use of, owing to a glitch in how 2.0.7 was prepared in the first place.

Antes

Please uninstall MySQL patch made by Arantor, before installing SMF 2.0.8, patch contains those changes.

Arantor

Quote from: Antes on June 18, 2014, 06:07:26 PM
Please uninstall MySQL patch made by Arantor (thanks again!) before installing SMF 2.0.8, patch contains those changes.

Why thank me? All I did was port what was already in the PostgreSQL files to MySQL. It was literally already written.

ARG01

Manually installed without error on all of my forums.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Daniel_arg

Ninja ZX-10RR

Installed it several hours ago and works fine :) thanks to all SMF team ;)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ViV

For me, it has created problems. It was auto upgraded on my site by Installatron... and ever since the site disappeared and it just showed a blank page.

I tried to restore a back up of previous version auto created.. it runs till 4-6% slowly and then jumps straight to 100% saying restored.. but it shows only the header and rest of the site displays this error. "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: cachedblocks"

I have no idea now how to restore my site onto the new version or the previous version without losing anything.

http://vaconsultancy.in

Deaks

please create a new topic in the correct section, this topic is not for support
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

ViV

Oh ok... I will do the needful. My sincere apologies

Uardo

Help please i got this error too...
http://    portamx.   com/3413/pmxsubforums-smf-upgraded-to-2-0-8-generating-database-error/

Kindred

hi... this topic is not for support -- please open a topic in the support section... however. also, issues with mods should be raised with the mod author.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Quote from: Oldiesmann on June 18, 2014, 02:11:32 PMPlease do not use this topic for support requests.  You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the relevant support board!

Does anybody read the first post or do they just read the title and think 'ooh, an upgrade' and then go try it? :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Deaks

Steve, every time their is a release people ask for support in the topic, no matter how many times you say dont ask for support in this topic.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

HDB

Thanks SMF Team!! 2.0.8 is installed and working great!!

CiQ

Yo man, try apply patch to THIS version: http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-7_install.tar.gz (.tar.gz).
And you take a trouble with Subs-Editor.php and QueryString.php, because this file not equal to files from THIS version: http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-7_install.zip (.zip).

Subs-Editor.php (134)
Code (.tar.gz) Select
// Parse unique ID's and disable javascript into the smileys - using the double space.
$i = 1;
$text = preg_replace_callback('~(?:\s|&nbsp;)?<(img\ssrc="' . preg_quote($modSettings['smileys_url'], '~') . '/[^<>]+?/([^<>]+?)"\s*)[^<>]*?class="smiley" />~', create_function('$m', 'return \'<\' . ' . 'stripslashes(\'$1\') . \'alt="" title="" onresizestart="return false;" id="smiley_\' . ' . "\$" . 'i++ . \'_$2" style="padding: 0 3px 0 3px;" />\';'), $text);

Code (.zip) Select
// Parse unique ID's and disable javascript into the smileys - using the double space.
$text = preg_replace_callback('~(?:\s|&nbsp;)?<(img\ssrc="' . preg_quote($modSettings['smileys_url'], '~') . '/[^<>]+?/([^<>]+?)"\s*)[^<>]*?class="smiley" />~', create_function('$m', 'static $i = 1; return \'<\' . ' . 'stripslashes($m[1]) . \'alt="" title="" onresizestart="return false;" id="smiley_\' . ' . "\$" . 'i++ . \'_\' . $m[2] . \'" style="padding: 0 3px 0 3px;" />\';'), $text);

QueryString.php (476)
Code (.tar.gz) Select
$buffer = preg_replace_callback('~"' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '\?((?:board|topic)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"~', create_function('global $scripturl; return \'"\' . $scripturl . \'/\' . strtr("$m[1]" . \'&;=\', \'//,\') . \'.html\' . (isset($m[2]) ? "$m[2]" : "");'), $buffer);

Code (.zip) Select
$buffer = preg_replace_callback('~"' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '\?((?:board|topic)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"~', create_function('$m', 'global $scripturl; return \'"\' . $scripturl . "/" . strtr("$m[1]", \'&;=\', \'//,\') . ".html" . (isset($m[2]) ? $m[2] : "") . \'"\';'), $buffer);

GL!

Arantor

Yeah, that's because that's the OLD 2.0.7 code, not the CURRENT 2.0.7 code (because 2.0.7 was withdrawn and re-released after issues came to light with insufficient testing)

Oldiesmann

Sorry about that! The tar.gz package has now been fixed. You can use the attached "fix" package to fix the issues without overwriting your files, which should allow you to upgrade to 2.0.8 properly.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Shambles

Starting to look like a support thread after all...  :o

Advertisement: