News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.8 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, June 18, 2014, 02:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Dear Members,

Simple Machines Forum has released a new patch to the 2.0.x line, bringing our latest release version to 2.0.8.

This patch focuses on fixing a few memory issues caused by some of the changes in 2.0.7, as well as fixing a crucial bug which caused the boards to appear in a seemingly random order for forums running on MySQL version 5.6 and above. It also fixes a rare bug that could cause a database error when invalid data is passed to the memberlist search form. Users experiencing white pages and similar issues caused by excessive memory usage by their forums should experience an improvement. As was the case with 2.0.7, this is a bug fix release, not a security release, however we urge you to update to 2.0.8 as soon as possible because of the performance benefits.

If you are running version 2.0.7, you can update your forum to version 2.0.8 by using the package manager. As usual, you should see the upgrade notification in the admin panel and in the package manager, which will allow you to download and install the patch seamlessly.  If you don't see the notification about the update, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files".  You can also download the patch for 2.0.8 from the customize site by downloading the : smf_patch_2.0.8.zip patch file and then installing it from the package manager like any other mod package.

If you use older versions of SMF, you can upgrade by using the full upgrade archive for version 2.0.8 from the downloads page. Be aware that using this upgrade method will require you to reinstall your mods with ones designed for the 2.0.x line.

You can also view the change log for the latest release, as usual, on the downloads page.

If you are having problems downloading the patch from the admin panel, you can download the package from the upgrade patches page and install it like a mod as instructed above.

If your system does not tell you that 2.0.8 is the current version, you can go to admin > maintenance > scheduled tasks and run the "fetch Simple Machines Files" task (or wait until it runs automatically on your system)

Please refer to the Online Manual for more details about:
* upgrading
* patching

Please do not use this topic for support requests.  You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the relevant support board!

Thank you for using SMF!

Regards,
Simple Machines Forum
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Looking

Robert.

LiroyvH

Quote from: DeVIL-I386 on June 18, 2014, 02:58:52 PM
There are 3 error during installation. As soon as you patch to version 2.0.7 one has noticed that this has not been tested enough.

By all means don't elaborate on what the errors are for you...  :-\
But please open a topic of your own so someone can help you.

It installed fine for me, good work team! :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Kindred

and why assume that the errors are our fault?  Perhaps, like any other mod, there is some of the target code for this patch which has been changed by something in your system alone...

But, please - open a support thread about it (remember, this thread is not for support questions)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

fapencio

Thanks for the upgrade! muchas gracias
My smf forum is 2.0.10 version
my theme is default
language spanish es utf8

Mikasa

Deaks

well done guys.

Alos DeVIL-I386 I have installed this on 5 sites so far with no issues ...
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kindred

he opened a support thread, as requested.
His issue was that he had installed the recalled version of 2.0.7 and had never installed the corrected version.
Once he did that, it worked correctly.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

radu81

just updated my 2 forums without problems.

thanks smf team!
sorry for my bad english

JBlaze

Congrats on the new release!
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

butchs

How do you know you have a recalled version of any update?

Downloaded and installed the current 2.0.8 today with no issues...  I am glad you guys are addressing memory issues.  Nice job!
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Antes

Kindred

Basically, anyone who downloaded 2.0.7 in the first 24 hours may have a recalled version...

If you get a bunch of errors in the 2.0.8 installation - then you either have the bad version of 2.0.7 or you have a bunch of mods that affected the target code.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

See the linked thread. You'll see there's quite a difference between the codes in Subs-Editor.php, if you have the version with a static $ declaration, you have the updated one.

But if 2.0.8 installed cleanly, you had the updated one since 2.0.8 was built on the fixed version of 2.0.7.

Dav999

Thanks for the patch! :)

Though I would personally have made the memory_limit change in Class-Package.php non-"vital" since some people might have changed it already (and might need to because they get a blank page otherwise), now these people are left unable to update without manually editing all of the files because either the package manager doesn't work due to it being at 32M or upgrading fails due to the memory_limit code not being at 32M.

Arantor

Or they can continue and ignore the error anyway, which is always an option.

Kindred

Sorry, but we can't code for eventualities like that... that would happen with ANY manual edits or other mods that affected any of the target code. Patches have to assume that you are addressing a standard installation and any manual edits done by the user will have to be undone or redone to properly apply the patch.

Alternatively, you can identify the "failed code" as something that you edited manually, continue with the installation and then apply any needed changes manually...

edit- ninja'ed
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

He has got a point in that the edits could have been made ignorable, but it was a conscious choice not to do so, specifically so that anyone that did do it manually would presumably be aware of it.

Advertisement: