News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.8 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, June 18, 2014, 02:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Always does. Never understood why it wasn't just locked.

Nolt

gogotha

Skip-ed 2.0.7 originally when available like Avast did. Upgraded to x.x.7 and proceeded to x.x.8, no problems, did it in less than 4 minutes! Awesome!
This world is our Host, we are the virus... consume or be consumed.

ladyquack

CiQ

Quote from: Oldiesmann on June 19, 2014, 01:17:58 PM
Sorry about that! The tar.gz package has now been fixed. You can use the attached "fix" package to fix the issues without overwriting your files, which should allow you to upgrade to 2.0.8 properly.
Thanks for fix!

Steve

Quote from: ‽ on June 19, 2014, 02:49:03 PMNever understood why it wasn't just locked.

Was kinda wondering that myself. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

because, this is not a "press release"
this is a news & updates statement...
People are allowed to comment and there are non-support questions, comments or concerns that might be raised.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rob54

I updated using the prompt I got from Softaculous. I went to cPanel then Softaculous then the update script link. It seemed to have worked OK except for this Remember - This forum is in 'Maintenance Mode'.. Can't find how to get rid of it. Last upgrade using Softaculous was OK - no red 'Maintenance mode warning. There is a similar warning before logging in as well.

Kindred

1- once again... The thread is not for support!

2- admin, server settings
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

a10

Updated from 2.0.7, 1 minute job and all well. & (maybe just imagination or coincidence) things seems faster.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

freestyler7

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kindred on June 20, 2014, 10:34:26 AM

1- once again... The thread is not for support!

2- admin, server settings
LOL it made me laugh that you stated not to ask support questions but you answered it anyhow. I wouldn't have done that actually. If you answer them you are not encouraging them but people will see that their questions can get an answer anyway and post without caring about where they are posting them. At least that's my thought about it.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

gonza28

Thanks for the update. As I can upgrade from version 2.0.7? ;)

Ninja ZX-10RR

I don't get you very much... Sure you can (and you should) upgrade from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 lol
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

butch2k

There is an error in patch file (and probably the update as well).
<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA[
$condition = allowedTo('moderate_forum') ? '' : ')';
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
$serach_fields[] = 'email';
]]></add>

serach_fields should read search_fields

JBlaze

Quote from: butch2k on June 21, 2014, 03:03:21 AM
There is an error in patch file (and probably the update as well).
<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA[
$condition = allowedTo('moderate_forum') ? '' : ')';
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
$serach_fields[] = 'email';
]]></add>

serach_fields should read search_fields

Confirmed. Typo is in error patch file and 2.0.8 Package Manager update..
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Ninja ZX-10RR

Thanks to both of you for the report, I fixed it in my file  :D hopefully it will be fixed in the release as well ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

Is there a fix we can do manually or will the package have to be updated and re-installed?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Shambles

You could just edit Sources/Memberlist.php

Ninja ZX-10RR

Just open your Sources/Memberlist.php and find
$serach
replace with $search and there you go ;)
EDIT: Ninja'd by Shambles

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: