How do I find out all my forum details

Started by Sandy Henderson, July 09, 2014, 06:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Henderson

This is a last desperate call for help. I do not even know if I am asking in right place. I inherited admin on our Forum.  The Coy that set it up for us has disappeared. (just give us a call he said)  I have white screen.  I'm sure that this is due to server allocated space.  I do not even know what server we use. Stupid I know but is there any way I can find out info that may help me get Forum back?  I'm sure its not even backed up. Have lost contact with our members.
Can anyone help?

Mstcool

You can see your paths and other information by using Repair_settings.php.

What is repair_settings.php?

However, you said you have a white screen? Do you know how this happened? Can you give more detail about this please? :)

Kindred

Well, welcome to SMF....

I'm not sure what we can do for you... but....

What is your site URL?
When do you get the white screen?

If you don't know or have access to the hosting server, then you might be out of luck, but we'll see what we can do to help.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sandy Henderson

Symptoms over weekend was slow page loading. On Monday very slow but suddenly complete white page.
From Tuesday this message    Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.ijlb.co.uk [nofollow]

Cached copy produces this;   SMF 2.0.7 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML WAP2

We were of course assured of plenty of space on server.  Think not the truth.

Thanks

Mstcool

Uhm, there is probably a broken table in the database or something. But before that, install Repair_settings and run that and make sure your paths are correct. Then, login to your database (in ur host) and there should be a repair broken database (or something similar) button somewhere (depending on your panel). Click that and see what happens.

Kindred

MSTCool....

that depends on the OP having access to the server....   which is unclear if she does...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

The site is up and the forum produces a white page. Check with your host, ask him for PHP error logs, that will help us clarify the reasons for white page.

Do you have cPanel (or other control panel) access?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Drunken Clam

For information, your 'whois' details for the domain can be found HERE

A good starting point.  :)

Sandy Henderson

i like your 'starting point'  A little chink of light.  Thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

The website loads (it's a little screwed up), forum does not, but is not throwing any SMF, server, or browser errors.  Any luck getting cpanel access?  Did you inherit the website as well as the forum?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Mstcool

Quote from: Kindred on July 09, 2014, 12:31:05 PM
MSTCool....

that depends on the OP having access to the server....   which is unclear if she does...

I took a wild guess. :p

Sandy Henderson

I did inherit Both.   Real problem is finding who is hosting. whois indicates a Company in Scotland is
Registrant:  Farmore IT Ltd. The Registrants Address is in England.  There has been an error in the registration.  123-reg say Farmore holds domain name and Farmore says they transferred that 6 years ago to an unknown company.  We had both Forum and Website relaunched 3 years ago on present set up.  This was done by a Company in Wales (yes we are UK wide ::))who have now disappeared off the planet.  Neither of the existing Company's know who is hosting the pages. I know 123 reg were holding it 3 years ago.
Thank you all for your help I am not yet giving up and will have to try your various suggestions carefully.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Sir Osis of Liver

Have you tried contacting http://www.supreem.co.uk/ ?  They're a site designer listed as name server.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sandy Henderson

It is what I tried first. They do not answer phone.  No reply to 2 email addresses and when I try their the website I'm told they are not available. Think they have moved on. ::)

I do not have access to cpanel.

margarett

If you try
http://www.ijlb.co.uk/cpanel

You are redirected to https://sb5y.unisonplatform.com:2083/

These are the people you should contact in order to try to get access to your site files and database.
Unfortunately a visit to http://unisonplatform.com/ only brings
QuoteAbuse Inquiries: [email protected]

I found this http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1201218
Where an email is given --> [email protected]
Maybe http://www.eleven2.com/ ?

Do you have access to your admin panel in SMF?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sandy Henderson

Thanks margarett.  On first two links I get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT and on 3rd same as you.  I have taken chance and emailed the eleven2 email with my tale. ::)
My further checks indicate that server is in Washington Avenue, Houston TX.  Trying to pin down a company if I have to.

I have also contacted Nominate who confirm that Farmore IT in Stirling are owners of Domain name. (This should have been changed)  They confirm that 123-reg are the registrar of the domain, that is, they are the provider and it is on their tag.
Nominate say they can get ownership transferred and find me a new host.  I still have to get the transfer ok'd and find out if having host server available to me will solve the problem.
I would like to thank yourself and all contributes for their help and encouragement of this 70 year old as he struggles with these things.  I'll let you know final outcome. Nice to know there is a community that can and will help.

margarett

Strange enough, now I can access both links. Even better, I can now access your cPanel login page. But in order to access your content, you need cPanel credentials (which I assume you don't have)
Unfortunately, the guys that are helping you with the domain probably can't do anything about this :(

If you can't access the first link, you probably have some kind of routing issue, because now I can...

Sandy Henderson

I'll get back to you as I've traced the guy with the keys. ;D Contact unfortunately not until  Monday will see how that goes.

I still cannot enter either IJLB sites.

margarett

Just remember, if you do get cPanel login details and you require assistance on what to do next (namely to fix your white page issues) do NOT post them in public ;)

And yet another question:
Quote from: margarett on July 10, 2014, 05:43:35 PM
Do you have access to your admin panel in SMF?

Advertisement: