News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 2 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, July 16, 2015, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpf

Quote from: 青山 素子 on October 22, 2015, 12:53:28 PM
Quote from: cpf on October 22, 2015, 12:29:15 AM
I'll hold off if you guys think it still needs a little more fixin'...

By all means, test the heck out of it on a copy of your site. Find bugs and report them. It is highly discouraged to run it as a live "production" setup though, as there my be data-loss bugs, security flaws, or just plain old stability bugs still lurking around.

We really do want people using the beta, but not depending on it. The more people that can test, the more likely all the nasty bugs will be found quicker.

Thank you, but it's a pretty busy forum.  I'll hold out for the next release.

Can you kindly point me in the right direction to post some features we would need for extensions?
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

abenmariem

Thank you for the post.
What are the new features ?

Steve

Did you read the first post?

Quote from: Oldiesmann on July 16, 2015, 05:45:30 PMFor full details of what has changed, please see our GitHub archive.

;)
DO NOT pm me for support!

SamRudd

hi guys,

uploaded the large upgrade package to my test site. went to run it and got this error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqy3egkr0tulnqr/Screenshot%202015-11-07%2000.16.45.png?dl=0

Updating Your SMF Install!
The MySQL user you have set in Settings.php does not have proper privileges.

Please ask your host to give this user the ALTER, CREATE, and DROP privileges.

Click here to try again.

青山 素子

SamRudd:

• This isn't a good place for support, you should post in the correct support board.
  • It sounds like your database user doesn't have the right permissions. You should contact your hosting company for assistance.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

baolong001

Excellent !  I can't wait for Beta 3 now.!!!

queenvic

Can someone help me?  i am a complete newbie.  i'd appreciate even the tiniest info.
thanks!

Bigguy

If your this new, maybe looking at the wiki would help more than posting here. :)

Installing,  Upgrading,  and Converting

stmaxx

Yes and you may also find, some visual aids on U tube, search for "How to SMF"

regards,
Maxx

butchs

Just popping in to see the status.  I am debating upgrading some mods but I hate to do it if the release is still a while away?
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Steve

Timeframes are not given for releases. The stock answer is that it will be released when it's ready. Search this thread or the forum and you can see how many times this has been the case. Since it's only in Beta2, you can wager it's going to be awhile. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

butchs

That is good enough for now...
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

postpar

I am just happy to see SMF is still under active development. I am in no hurry to upgrade and will probably be one of those annoying people who waits for 2.1.2 or some such... there IS a way to opt out of InnoDB, right?

PaulKet

It's been almost 7 months since the last beta release, will another one be coming soon?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PaulKet

Quote from: Kindred on February 09, 2016, 09:17:21 PM
When it is ready

So we should assume that you're not even close to the next release after 7 months?

I want to use SMF 2.1 on something new but "When it is ready" tells me that I should be looking for something else.

Kindred

you should not assume anything.

we never give dates for releases...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: PaulKet on February 10, 2016, 08:15:44 AM
I want to use SMF 2.1 on something new but "When it is ready" tells me that I should be looking for something else.

we are not recommending anyone use SMF 2.1 on a production site anyway.

PaulKet

Quote from: Kindred on February 10, 2016, 09:16:07 AM
we never give dates for releases...

Does anything exist that shows how much progress has been made toward the next beta release?

OCJ

You could look at the github site and the list of open bugs but as some are fixed, others are added. The number doesn't seem to go down much.

Like a kid waiting for Christmas and its only , er, February. Its going to feel like a long long time, and in reality it will be. I'm tired of waiting but there is no choice, unless you decide to convert to something else.  Release dates seem to be much longer apart this time.

Advertisement: