News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 2 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, July 16, 2015, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digger

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

PaulKet

Quote from: digger on February 11, 2016, 06:14:11 AM
Quote from: PaulKet on February 10, 2016, 09:58:25 AM
Does anything exist that shows how much progress has been made toward the next beta release?
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/milestones

Thank you Digger! That is appreciated very much.

Wellwisher

So after beta 3, SMF will be heading towards building an RC release right?

Kindred

Assuming Beta3 is considered stable enough - yes
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stmaxx

Just a Test ..upgraded to Beta 3 , no issues on test site site, love the new file image drag and drop, test good on the image part.

Thanks Guys and looking great and been testing the 2.1 sense it was first released and No complaints thus far. Good luck moving forward and again thanks!

Maxx

cpf

If we start using beta3 now, will there be an upgrade path to RC and 2.1?
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

青山 素子

Quote from: cpf on March 03, 2016, 07:38:46 PM
If we start using beta3 now, will there be an upgrade path to RC and 2.1?

Nothing official, but you're welcome to try and manage it manually yourself. Just know that there won't be support for this, so you're fully on your own.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

margarett

A note about this:
- The code upgrade from beta to beta or beta to RC implies loading all the files so that any modification is lost. Of course, if you use the "clean" 2.1 this should cause you no problems.
- The database upgrade (if there are database change to perform, if there aren't there is nothing to do) is not supposed to be handled automatically by the package. Nevertheless, we can provide you the queries which you can run manually in phpmyadmin.

Overall this shows why you shouldn't use a beta in production :P
RCs are a different story though. When it gets to RC the treatment will be different ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

TomW

Quote from: margarett on March 04, 2016, 05:00:37 AM
A note about this:
- The code upgrade from beta to beta or beta to RC implies loading all the files so that any modification is lost. Of course, if you use the "clean" 2.1 this should cause you no problems.
- The database upgrade (if there are database change to perform, if there aren't there is nothing to do) is not supposed to be handled automatically by the package. Nevertheless, we can provide you the queries which you can run manually in phpmyadmin.

Overall this shows why you shouldn't use a beta in production :P
RCs are a different story though. When it gets to RC the treatment will be different ;)

margarett, thanks this is very helpful.  Glad to hear that those of us performing our own tests on our servers will get assistance.   2.1 is looking great so far !

Mstcool

Kindred

If the beta is determined to be mostly stable, then an relase candidate, aka RC version is made.
Слaва
Украинi

PaulKet

Is beta 3 available for download somewhere?

Kindred

no. beta 3 has not yet been released.
Слaва
Украинi

N64dude

This is great guys, well done!

SaginawSkid

Quote from: Kindred on March 05, 2016, 07:38:23 PM
no. beta 3 has not yet been released.

I am a bit confused?

Quote from: stmaxx on February 16, 2016, 10:45:20 AM
Just a Test ..upgraded to Beta 3 , no issues on test site site, love the new file image drag and drop, test good on the image part.

Thanks Guys and looking great and been testing the 2.1 sense it was first released and No complaints thus far. Good luck moving forward and again thanks!

Maxx

Kindred

The "daily build" is available on Github for anyone to download/test.
However, beta 3 has not actually been released, and there are still a pile of issues which the devs are working on getting addressed before beta 3 is officially released as a distributed version.
Слaва
Украинi

suhaneankit

:) Thanks for this great news. I have been using SMF since long time and now i am having too many customers on my forum.
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: