News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 2 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, July 16, 2015, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antes

Quote from: TomW on December 06, 2016, 09:19:34 AM
Is Beta 3 going to be released ?   I don't see any open issues in GIT pertaining to Beta 3.

Yes, it will be released but as a team policy we can't give a date to our users.

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

TomW

Quote from: Colin on December 08, 2016, 12:42:44 PM
We are working on it. :)
Quote from: Antes on December 06, 2016, 09:40:10 AM
Is Beta 3 going to be released ?   I don't see any open issues in GIT pertaining to Beta 3.

Yes, it will be released but as a team policy we can't give a date to our users.

Thank you for the response.

gisfreak

another Beta after beta 3? or Beta 3 is the last beta?
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

live627

Oh looky here https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/releases/tag/v2.1-beta.3

Kindred

Quote from: gisfreak on December 14, 2016, 01:34:32 AM
another Beta after beta 3? or Beta 3 is the last beta?

we'll see what issues are identified in the beta3 release.
We can't make an RC release until the issues are minor enough to be considered RC for the next release
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

xeon365

How goes 2.1 any good things in it?

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

DEK24

Quote from: engrz on May 05, 2016, 04:57:50 AM
Great work, Appreciated

but if you can share screenshots for SMF 2.1 Beta or some demo url so that we can easily look the design and other features of new version.

Does this exist? I would like to see too.

br360

Google SMF 2.1 demo and a few sites should pop up.

Here is one using 2.1 Beta 3- https://test2.turtleshellprod.com/

kubMCC

I tried 2V1 already and nothing was on the "old place" (i.e. Admin Center).
I did non find a way to get the "old look" back for our users.

How can I get 2V1 to show this view?

New functions are not always everything .... Users have to find themselfes in "use the new tool as the old one". They are not interested in "searching where might the old function be now". Sorry! Maybe I programmed industrial production lines for too many years and had to pay too much attention to the whishes of those users of their equipment.
- Man hat niemals zu viele backups
- Vertraue KEINEM Wiederherstellungspunkt ..
- Der Kopf ist rund damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann! (Francis Picabia)
- Kein Backup; kein Mitleid!

Kindred

2.1 is changed. The theme has changed, some of the functionality is changed some of the layout is changed to suit the new functionality

That's the way things are.

There is no "use the old design" option for 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

Quote from: kubMCC
How can I get 2V1 to show this view?

Quote from: Oldiesmann on July 16, 2015, 05:45:30 PM
Finally, as always, this topic is not for support

::)

kubMCC

Quote from: Kindred on February 21, 2017, 09:07:51 PM
2.1 is changed. The theme has changed, some of the functionality is changed some of the layout is changed to suit the new functionality

That's the way things are.

There is no "use the old design" option for 2.1

Too sad. Like "there is no way to get an old fashion 6er manual gearbox into your new BMW". Well, let's stay with the well known how to use Mercedes. ....

BTW: in this case (2V1 will never be or look like 2V0.xx) You should be fair and name it SMF 3.0, a complete new version. Would make the big difference clear to all "old satisfied with 2V0" users. Just my 2 cts.

Best regards and have fun in Karneval! de kub
- Man hat niemals zu viele backups
- Vertraue KEINEM Wiederherstellungspunkt ..
- Der Kopf ist rund damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann! (Francis Picabia)
- Kein Backup; kein Mitleid!

Arantor

But it's not a completely new version and calling it 3.0 is mispresentative.

2.1's theme is an evolution on top of 2.0's, so much so that it is literally called 'Curve 2'. I also suspect that someone will remake the 2.0 theme for 2.1 with all the goodies and shiny things like much improved mobile support (like 2.1 already has out of the box and that 2.0 can't do with its current theme)

2.1 is also built directly on top of 2.0, in a way that a 3.0 wouldn't be.

Though I find it interesting that the look is the only comment, and not any of the new features, like draft posting, or alerts, or new CAPTCHA to improve registration or... but that your only observation is how it doesn't look like something that was designed 10 years ago and was already out of date when it did finally appear in the first place.

suhaneankit

Good to hear. Thanks for this release.
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

engrz

any expected date for official release of 2.1?

really waiting for new release.

Illori

cpf

Quote from: Arantor on February 24, 2017, 04:29:13 PM
But it's not a completely new version and calling it 3.0 is mispresentative.

2.1's theme is an evolution on top of 2.0's, so much so that it is literally called 'Curve 2'. I also suspect that someone will remake the 2.0 theme for 2.1 with all the goodies and shiny things like much improved mobile support (like 2.1 already has out of the box and that 2.0 can't do with its current theme)

2.1 is also built directly on top of 2.0, in a way that a 3.0 wouldn't be.

Though I find it interesting that the look is the only comment, and not any of the new features, like draft posting, or alerts, or new CAPTCHA to improve registration or... but that your only observation is how it doesn't look like something that was designed 10 years ago and was already out of date when it did finally appear in the first place.

I hope it's the Arantor CAPTCHA.  That completely killed my spam problem.
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

Advertisement: