News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 3 Released

Started by Colin, May 31, 2017, 09:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Astrorushi on October 23, 2017, 08:20:34 AM
This SMF 2.1 Beta 3 is not working properly i used this one 1 week after that i uninstalled
Well, that's why it is called a beta. It would be helpful if you could detail what "wasn't working" in the bug reports or support section so it can be fixed.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Ricky.

Quote from: Astrorushi on October 23, 2017, 08:20:34 AM
This SMF 2.1 Beta 3 is not working properly i used this one 1 week after that i uninstalled

Thats pretty vague though, hopefully you were not looking for some magic out of SMF .. :)
Still sad to know SMF didn't work out for you.

profzelonka

Congrats devs!

Can't wait for the RC/Final when it's ready!
How come it's called SMF 2.1 instead of SMF 3.0, if it's going to be so different from 2.0... ?

Arantor

Because the plan was to release a small upgrade while 3.0 was being worked on. Then people added more and more and more, but I think calling it 3.0 would be a mistake.

pocttopus

How far away is 2.1 official release? ::)

Arantor

At least another year, possibly longer.

Raja G

Well done, team, SMF rocks!

Its great news for SMF users

butchs

Quote from: Arantor on November 22, 2017, 02:37:34 PM

So are you saying that updating mods for this version can be a frivolous endeavor wrapped in an enigma of frustration?
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Colin

Hopefully not. We are getting there, but yes mods shouldn't be updated until a release candidate.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

butchs

Thank you.  :)  Looking forward to the release candidate.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Suki

Quote from: butchs on December 31, 2017, 09:40:00 PM

So are you saying that updating mods for this version can be a frivolous endeavor wrapped in an enigma of frustration?

Not entirely. A lot of the mod related stuff in 2.1 was added because I updated my mods to work with 2.1. Whenever there was a feature one mod needed I added it, whenever a mod borked something in SMF I fixed it.

So if you are in a helping mood, you could update a mod and help us find errors, merely testing the code via using the mod related features would help us a lot.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

nimue

Well then, I have no more patience. I'm waiting for so many years to get a modern smf (for example user mentions) and there are so many other things that are available in other forums. I will convert to another system now.

Arantor

Even though you can have mentions as an add-on today, of course...

Kindred

He thinks that by telling us he's going to switch, we will suddenly and miraculously discover that 2.1 is ready for release just to make him stay....
or not....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaltedWeb

Quote from: Kindred on January 18, 2018, 02:38:54 PM
He thinks that by telling us he's going to switch, we will suddenly and miraculously discover that 2.1 is ready for release just to make him stay....
or not....

I've been waiting for world peace, since I was born still waiting. :-P
I like stability........... not instability. A hastened release would no doubt be less desirable, and then that what people
that wanted it now would complain about.   I work months before I even open up websites using this software,
would stand to reason real significant releases to update would take years. I am not a developer but had been in the past
and I always hated version updates that were fixes and people used full upgrade status not update status as they should
is pet peeve of mine. I was around when the first SMF betas were being tested and rightly so there were so many fixes, and even though one
could install it; it took a long time for solid release to happen. This is the want it now generation, having no idea that quality is worth the time.
My two cents.

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

nimue

He is a she and no, she is not.

Steve

Moving to another system is entirely up to you ... in the meantime, back on topic please ... :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Irisado

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

njtweb

Anybody running a live site anywhere to take a look at it in action?

@rjen

Quote from: njtweb on April 27, 2018, 09:15:38 AM
Anybody running a live site anywhere to take a look at it in action?

Testing @ test2.fjr-club.nl

But it is a full copy so should give an idea...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Advertisement: