News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 2 is available!

Started by Grudge, December 29, 2005, 04:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

looks good. looking around it on my test server and i notice this when im in Detailed Version Check
Calendar.php   1.1 RC2-1   1.1 RC2
;)
im confused kinda if its a typo or purposly done.

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

JayBachatero

It was a bug found on the RC2 release to Charters and the fix was applied as RC2-1.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Ben_S

This MySQL Strict stuff can take a while, upto half an hour so far. (1.1GB messages table).
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

SleePy

Quote from: JayBachatero on December 31, 2005, 07:58:58 PM
It was a bug found on the RC2 release to Charters and the fix was applied as RC2-1.

-JayBachatero

Thanks jay. ill leave you guys alone now.. you look really busy with all these people asking questions.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Ben_S

Quote from: Ben_S on December 31, 2005, 08:10:48 PM
This MySQL Strict stuff can take a while, upto half an hour so far. (1.1GB messages table).

Took an hour and a half to do those evil messages table changes.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

JayBachatero

It would be nice if users with large forums report how long it took to do the log table changes.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

windrider

Upgraded it to my test site with no problems.  The pause to prevent server overload did startle me at first!

Rpg Cyco

My forum has close to 28,000 messages and it took no more than 5 minutes for upgrade.php to complete its business.

I'm really impressed with SMF 1.1 RC2 so far. Nice work!

The only complaint I have with the new default theme is, white text on a gray background doesn't go especially well. But other than that, very good. :)

- Rpg Cyco

clearly

Jay, what are large forums? 5000, 10000, 50000 or more posts? ;D

JayBachatero

300k posts or more.  But 50k is enough to cause the upgrade to last a while.

QuoteThe only complaint I have with the new default theme is, white text on a gray background doesn't go especially well. But other than that, very good.
You can easily change it though in style.css

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

clearly

Quote300k posts or more.  But 50k is enough to cause the upgrade to last a while.

:o

Repeat your question in a few years, then I'll try to answer it  ;)

JayBachatero

Well the struggle is from 1.0.5 or 1.1 Beta3- RC2 to 1.1 RC2 oor 1.1 Final.  YOur upgrade to Final should be a smooth upgrade like any other upgrade.  An upgrade to RC2 or Final will be a longer process as the log table needs big changes that are done in RC2 or Final.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

clearly

Well, the whole update (SMF 1.1 RC1 to RC2) was done in less than 5 minutes (16,000 posts). Smooth and simple.

I think there will be much more big changes in future. Let's discuss it again when SMF 5.0 is out ;D

dustrho

42916 Posts in 2955 Topics by 877 Members

Took about 30 minutes to upgrade my forum.

beerconsumer

xtremecruiser

Just did a upgrade on my test forum and worked fine, the spoiler and hide mod wont install again but I figured a few mods would be buggy.
I must say the new theme looks very nice, as soon as I saw it, I know it had some Bloc influences.
great job overall guys...  It really flies too

peterstannard

Quote from: xtremecruiser on December 31, 2005, 10:37:09 PM
Just did a upgrade on my test forum and worked fine, the spoiler and hide mod wont install again but I figured a few mods would be buggy.
I must say the new theme looks very nice, as soon as I saw it, I know it had some Bloc influences.
great job overall guys...  It really flies too

Not all mods will be RC2 compatible.

ian

xtremecruiser

Quote from: JayBachatero on December 31, 2005, 09:14:45 PM
It would be nice if users with large forums report how long it took to do the log table changes.

-JayBachatero
32K posts, 3K members, less than 4 minutes, no errors

Advertisement: