News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF compatible with phpnuke?

Started by defensieforum, August 16, 2003, 02:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

I'd put SMF in like Modules/SMF or something...

-[Unknown]

Spark_of_Ice

Quote from: defensieforum on August 30, 2003, 11:09:02 AM
Please make the mod fast  :D

I have to integrate my YabbSE forum into my postnuke portal withtout loosing my messages....

So this moment will be a good moment to start using SMF and my postnuke-portal!!

Regards
Oh yes, I'm a postnuke user, and an interegation would be awesome..

^Raven^

Do we have any additional information concerning SMF's compatibility with phpnuke?  I have someone creating a phpnuke portal for me and he's been very interested into this compatibility situation.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Public Relations Coordinator, Battlestar Galactica Wiki

[Unknown]

Well, it doesn't have any conflicts like YaBB SE did, but actual *integration* is not ready because I haven't had time yet.

-[Unknown]

^Raven^

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 17, 2004, 02:08:12 AM
Well, it doesn't have any conflicts like YaBB SE did, but actual *integration* is not ready because I haven't had time yet.

-[Unknown]

That's cool, if it'd be possible to have perhaps an e-mailed announcement when integration is complete I'd be very thankful so I can let me guy know.  Or, if anyone knows of how to go about doing this now with phpnuke I'd be grateful for that too.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

wendylady

Well please do send us something when it is done.

Also is there a way we could sort of intergate it now, our selfs. Like setting the link to our fourms, insted of going dereckly to the built in one? 

ms_ukyankee

Quote from: wendylady on April 17, 2004, 10:28:58 PM

Also is there a way we could sort of intergate it now, our selfs. Like setting the link to our fourms, insted of going dereckly to the built in one? 

To find out how to customize the phpnuke menus/blocks and themes, you can find details on the phpnuke sites, try this:

http://www.phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_HOWTO
SMF since 2004 <3

Oldiesmann

Hmmm... according to one of the news articles there, they're going to work on dropping phpBB from their system (:D) and replacing it with their own forum system because of the direction the system is going...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

^Raven^

Quote from: Oldiesmann on April 23, 2004, 02:02:06 PM
Hmmm... according to one of the news articles there, they're going to work on dropping phpBB from their system (:D) and replacing it with their own forum system because of the direction the system is going...

I don't know whether I should be happy or sad about that.  I wonder if making their own forum software will cause SMF integration to become more difficult or easier or no difference.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Oldiesmann

The way phpNuke is heading, they won't want you messing with the code. They pretty much don't want to deal with problems caused by people modifying the code. They want to keep it all nice and neat and fast and stuff, instead of letting people do what they want with it.

EDIT: Check this out. http://www.phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5640
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

Hmmm... Looks like people told them how stupid that idea was. They're not going closed-source after all. Check out the link at the bottom of that article.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

neofred

Hi all you SMF gods,

I'm really new to this forum and to SMF but I think this is the one I want to use  :D
Here is my Question:

I use the free CPG-Nuke from hxxp:www.cpgnuke.com [nonactive] and I'd like to change the build in phpbb.

Is there any experience?

t2

drf

is there any news about the intergration of smf into php nuke system ?

Kris

Quote from: drf on October 01, 2004, 05:13:49 AM

Maybe you should read another topic in this board ;)

drf

Quote from: Kris on October 01, 2004, 05:50:33 AM
Quote from: drf on October 01, 2004, 05:13:49 AM

Maybe you should read another topic in this board ;)

which one is that?   :-X

Rpg Cyco

I think he was talking about this topic, but that is for PostNuke, not PHP-Nuke.

- Rpg Cyco

drf

Quote from: Rpg Cyco on October 01, 2004, 06:25:43 AM
I think he was talking about this topic, but that is for PostNuke, not PHP-Nuke.

- Rpg Cyco

thank you guys.. im moving to postnuke by now..  8)

spottedhog

Hi all....  I am new here, but not new to PHP Nuke.  I and others operate a PHP Nuke support website, and we are making a decision as to whether to "fork" or not to "fork" the lastest 7.5 version of PHP Nuke.  We are unhappy with the phpbb, and other parts that are of need of optimization, and we see that the PHP Nuke originators are not actively pursuing this.

If we decide to create a new "fork" of PHP Nuke, we will make sure to create something that uses current and future modules and blocks.  Not sure yet about themes, but if anything, we would improve the current PHP Nuke theme system.

To that end, we are currently looking at this very good SMF system.  And we are discussing about how to maybe use what is already built in, and to possibly port it as is or with as few modifications as possible.

I would welcome any comments here or by using the Feedback module on our website:

http://www.nukehelp.biz

spottedhog

Not sure what I was thinking above....  sure, leave some input here.....

Anyone?    Any thoughts with having SMF as a forum with a new PHP Nuke fork?

thanks....

Advertisement: