• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
December 07, 2021, 08:16:48 PM

News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.


Awards Mod

Started by winrules, March 21, 2006, 11:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtremecruiser

Thanks for the tip !

Quote from: trenchteam on March 25, 2006, 08:30:05 PM
@azxure

If your using a custom theme. 

Find this:

<![CDATA[
// Show how many posts they have made.
echo '
', $txt[26], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '<br />
<br />';
]]>


Replace with this:

<![CDATA[
// Show how many posts they have made.
echo '
', $txt[26], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '';

if (!empty($message['member']['options']['profile_postawards']))
{
$postawards = parse_bbc($message['member']['options']['profile_postawards']);
echo '<br />Awards: ' . $postawards . '';
}

echo ' <br />
<br />';
]]>


You can see it used at my site on this thread. Look for my member Josh05.  I placed this on the bottom of his signature.

http://otek671.com/forum/index.php?topic=293.msg5540#new

musicman2059

I get an error during the install:

Quote2.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Display.template.php     Test failed

winrules

Quote from: musicman2059 on April 04, 2006, 04:13:50 AM
I get an error during the install:

Quote2.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Display.template.php     Test failed
Do you have any mods installed?


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


perplexed

Installations actions for "Award Mod":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    [color=red=Test failed[/color]
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful

I have moved some things in the profile template ie the avatar is now under the name instead of at the bottom of the posts, so could this be the problem and if so, is there some way to manually install this mod (I would need instructions though)

~thanks


btw I installed the custom profile fields mod with no problems so perhaps that isnt the problem?


winrules

April 08, 2006, 02:09:47 PM #24 Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 02:12:55 PM by winrules
Quote from: perplexed on April 08, 2006, 01:38:04 PM
Installations actions for "Award Mod":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    [color=red=Test failed[/color]
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful

I have moved some things in the profile template ie the avatar is now under the name instead of at the bottom of the posts, so could this be the problem and if so, is there some way to manually install this mod (I would need instructions though)

~thanks


btw I installed the custom profile fields mod with no problems so perhaps that isnt the problem?



Do this for display.template.php and for profile.template.php
Find:

<td><input type="text" name="websiteUrl" size="50" value="', $context['member']['website']['url'], '" /></td>
</tr>';

And Replace With:

<td><input type="text" name="websiteUrl" size="50" value="', $context['member']['website']['url'], '" /></td>
</tr>';
if ($context['user']['is_admin'])
{
echo ' <tr>
<td colspan="2"><hr width="100%" size="1" class="hrcolor" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>Profile Awards: </b></td> <td><input type="text" name="default_options[profile_awards]" size="50" value="', @$context['member']['options']['profile_awards'], '" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>Post Awards: </b></td> <td><input type="text" name="default_options[profile_postawards]" size="50" value="', @$context['member']['options']['profile_postawards'], '" /></td>
</tr>';
}


Find:

// Some more information.
echo '
</td>
</tr><tr>
<td><b>', $txt[96], ': </b></td>
<td><a href="', $context['member']['website']['url'], '" target="_blank">', $context['member']['website']['title'], '</a></td>
</tr><tr>
<td><b>', $txt[113], ' </b></td>
<td>
<i>', $context['can_send_pm'] ? '<a href="' . $context['member']['online']['href'] . '" title="' . $context['member']['online']['label'] . '">' : '', $settings['use_image_buttons'] ? '<img src="' . $context['member']['online']['image_href'] . '" alt="' . $context['member']['online']['text'] . '" align="middle" />' : $context['member']['online']['text'], $context['can_send_pm'] ? '</a>' : '', $settings['use_image_buttons'] ? '<span class="smalltext"> ' . $context['member']['online']['text'] . '</span>' : '', '</i>';

And Replace With:

// Some more information.
echo '
</td>
</tr><tr>
<td><b>', $txt[96], ': </b></td>
<td><a href="', $context['member']['website']['url'], '" target="_blank">', $context['member']['website']['title'], '</a></td>
', !empty($context['member']['options']['profile_awards']) ? '</tr><tr> <td><b>Awards: </b></td> <td>' . parse_bbc($context['member']['options']['profile_awards']) . '</td>' : '', '
</tr><tr>
<td><b>', $txt[113], ' </b></td>
<td>
<i>', $context['can_send_pm'] ? '<a href="' . $context['member']['online']['href'] . '" title="' . $context['member']['online']['label'] . '">' : '', $settings['use_image_buttons'] ? '<img src="' . $context['member']['online']['image_href'] . '" alt="' . $context['member']['online']['text'] . '" align="middle" />' : $context['member']['online']['text'], $context['can_send_pm'] ? '</a>' : '', $settings['use_image_buttons'] ? '<span class="smalltext"> ' . $context['member']['online']['text'] . '</span>' : '', '</i>';


Hope you can get it to work :)

PS: If you have the custom profile field mod 2.1 installed this mod really isn't needed, as you can just make 2 fields that are only editable by admins (one that is displayed in posts, and another thats displayed in profile).


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.



URPG

You could add a set of different decorations and medals (with a link or alt-text description what they are) so a Mod or Admin just has to set up what meaning each one has and can grant them with a checkbox?

winrules

Quote from: URPG on May 04, 2006, 05:50:46 AM
You could add a set of different decorations and medals (with a link or alt-text description what they are) so a Mod or Admin just has to set up what meaning each one has and can grant them with a checkbox?
Not exactally, you can just put bbc in a members award field.


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


URPG

Other Boards have a set of Medals just like they have a set of ranks/stars. I was not asking if this mod can do it, i was sugesting it as another step of development :)

But until then i got to use special smileys i guess...?

winrules

Quote from: URPG on May 05, 2006, 07:38:22 AM
Other Boards have a set of Medals just like they have a set of ranks/stars. I was not asking if this mod can do it, i was sugesting it as another step of development :)

But until then i got to use special smileys i guess...?
You could use for a special image, I haven't really worked on this mod at all for a long time but I might look into implementing that.


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


greyias

May 24, 2006, 05:33:23 PM #30 Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 05:35:02 PM by greyias
I'm having trouble installing this mod from the package menu... I also have the Custom Profile Mod installed, do they conflict with each other? :(

[Edit] Nevermind... I think there's another post about this.

hawkshaw

too bad it's not compatible with 1.0.7 :(

CLICKBANKS.NET

can this mods be install manually on smf 1.0.7 ?

illustrationism

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I'd love to see this made compatible with RC3. I looked briefly into it, and it looks like a minor change. (Though it's not my script, so I won't go mucking it up)

Zelnen

Very nice, i was thinking of making this mod myself but it looks like i've been beaten to it ;)
hxxp:zelnen.com [nonactive]

illustrationism

Actually... this is kind of cheap, but simply changing the "RC2" to "RC3" in the code looks like enough to make it compatible.

I've been using this simple little Mod for a little more than a month now, and I've found it so useful. Thanks again.

winrules

Version 1.11 has been released! This version adds 1.1 RC3 support.


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


CyberOps

Winrules it doesn't want to install in RC3 it keep saying that there is an error, specifically in the profile template.

winrules

Quote from: CyberOps on August 23, 2006, 06:16:36 PM
Winrules it doesn't want to install in RC3 it keep saying that there is an error, specifically in the profile template.
What other mods do you have installed?


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


CyberOps

i have the following installed.

1. PaypalDonations 1.6 
2. Thank You Mod 1.0.3 
3. Global Announcements 1.0   
4. SMF Staff Page 1.3   
5. Rapidshare Field By Alan S 0.1 
6. Users Online Today Mod 1.4.0b3   
7. Ultimate Shoutbox 1.38   
8. SMF Links 1.3
9. Karma Buttons 1.02   
10. Merge Double Posts 1.0.5   
11. Hide Tag 1.2.0   
12. Member Color Link 1.8.7 
13. Contact Page 1.0   
14. VisualWarning 1.29   
15. User Email System 1.0     
16. Reason For Editing Mod 1.13   
17. Board Notes

i hope you can make it work with all of these installed. Thanks for the help anyways.

Advertisement: