News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

that exact string is not possible without some modification
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Teunel

Quote from: Kindred on August 21, 2007, 02:26:33 PM
that exact string is not possible without some modification
Ah, allright :( Thanks for the fast answer anyway!

DWizzy

I liked the promise of your mod, so I translated it to Dutch for hxxp:www.baroeg.nl/forum [nonactive].

The attached translation would go into "/Themes/default/languages", at least for me that worked. My apologies if this contribution is not welcome in this place, I'm new (again) to SMF and just got admin a few hours ago. Suggestions for better translations are welcome.

Abangyarudo

Quote from: JoshieTheGreat on August 22, 2007, 09:26:24 AM
Is theres 1.1.3 mod for this?

I'm using it with 1.1.3 so I assume it would work unless the fact that my theme is a 1.1 version makea a difference in that.

JCphotog

So I hear there's a bet of SMF 2.0 for charter members.  And that custom feilds will be a feature.  Will we be able to merge our existing custom feilds into this?

SunilDVR

I would imagine that there won't be a "built in" option in SMF2.0 to incorporate data from this mod, and that we'll have to wait for the mod author or someone else to write some kind of conversion script.

In theory it wouldn't be too hard to do, but without seeing the exact way which SMF2.0 custom fields are stored in the database, no-one can do it.

Also, moving the data is just one issue - depending on how SMF2.0 handles the display/options for each of the fields, you may have to recreate these all manually too.

An automatic script to handle all of this is certainly possible, but I think beyond my level of SMF coding ability. I guess we'll have to hope that someone works on one!

Sunil

JCphotog

No.  I wouldn't think so either. 

I do know this feature has been well used in my current forum, and would love to find away to merge this already collected data without having to force users re-enter it.  Maybe have a tag in the profile to show extra feilds in the profile from previous forum versions, but no longer use the mod code to enter new feilds?  Geez I'm incoherrant tonight!

robward

I have a question:

I'm trying to make a profile field that will create a link to an xbox live profile but I'm having a problem with gamertags that have spaces in them.

The URL I'm trying to link them to is
http://live.xbox.com/profile/FriendsMgmt.aspx?gt=GAMERTAG&act=Add

now I know I can do
http://live.xbox.com/profile/FriendsMgmt.aspx?gt=%1&act=Add

and it works fine for people who have a gamertag like 'robward' but if my gamertag was 'rob ward' it screws the whole thing up.  I know I can manually go in and edit it to 'rob%20ward' but I was wondering if there's something I can add to fix this automatically.

Thanks.

GWeber

Hi! Can you help me to get custom user profile field value from ext. page, e.g. from TinyPortal php article?
I create a text custom field with id = CP1, I put a "1" value to it in my profile but I got nothing in article putput when using
echo "Custom Value is " . $context['member']['options'][$modSettings['CP1_id']] . "<p>";
So I got only Custom Value is and no value... =(
What I do wrong?

GWeber

O, I found it!
global $user_profile;
if (isset($modSettings['enable_CP1']))
{
$memID = $context['user']['id'];
loadMemberData($memID);
//print_r($user_profile);
echo "<p>Value is: <b>" . $user_profile[$memID]['options']['CP1'] . "</b><p>";
}

Petrus

Quote from: tipiyano on December 05, 2006, 03:13:24 PM
Hello. I am using SMF 1.1RC3 and have installed customprofile3-15 successfully. However, I am unable to add anything except the text field. I select "text area from the type" and then click settings and enter all the relevant information. However, when i click save, it create the field but with the type "text". I have tried other options (check box, selection) but none of them work. Also, I do not see any option1, option2, etc for selection which makes me think that for some reason it is only creating text fields.

Hello, I have the same problem. I've installed the mod today an on the first look it works fine, but only with text fields. What can I do?

cometopapa

I got error installation with user SMF 1.1.3

Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test failed
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Register.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Register.php Test successful
7. Extract File ./Sources/CustomProfile.php 
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/CustomProfile.english.php 

Any body can give me solution ?

Thanks

TrueSatan

Your error is a variant on the most common error of all those reported on these pages...it tells you that another mod you have installed has already edited the file in question and that you thus need to do a manual installation of this mod. Please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

Mirror of the last link:

http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

marzi

This is an excellent MOD, thank you.
I installed it on SMF 1.1 RC3 | SMF with TinyPortal v0.9.6beta. ( www.marscafe.com )
The installation went without a problem, even though I have a number of other MODS installed (see end of post):

I am currently using this MOD to present a 70 item select menu for Occupation Titles at registration.
Question-I would like to notify the other 250+ members that they can update their profile, but I can see this MOD's installation is not "retroactive" in that sense, and the capability is not present for previous registrants to use.
Is there a way to enable something like this?

INSTALLED MODS
1.      TinyPortal
2.    Ad Managment
3.    SMF 1.0.9 and 1.1 RC3-1 Security Patch    1.0.8/1.1 RC3
4.    Advanced Visual Verification    1.0    
5.    FelBlog    0.81b.r2    
6.    FelBlog    0.81b    
7.    Global Announcements    1.0    
8.    SMF Achat ALPHA    0.2.0    
9.    SMF Gallery Lite    1.6.9
10. Pagination Fix    1.0
11. SMF Trader System    1.0.1
12. SMF Links    1.6.3
13. SMF Arcade    2.0.7
14. Invite    1.13
15. User Email System    1.2
16. SMF Links    1.6.5
17. AvatarSelect    1.1.2
18. PM On Registration    1.0.2
19. Spell Check Custom Words    1.0

marzi

My posting question above is now Solved
I simply unchecked the option: Only allow admins to edit field? and the ability for all users to make a selection from the new profile option "select box" is available.

cometopapa

Quote from: TrueSatan on September 07, 2007, 04:20:11 AM
Your error is a variant on the most common error of all those reported on these pages...it tells you that another mod you have installed has already edited the file in question and that you thus need to do a manual installation of this mod. Please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

hxxp:modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/ [nonactive]

Mirror of the last link:

hxxp:www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html [nonactive]

Sory, i very confused and not understand for fix my problem.

Quote from: cometopapa on September 07, 2007, 01:01:33 AM
I got error installation with user SMF 1.1.3

Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test failed
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Register.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Register.php Test successful
7. Extract File ./Sources/CustomProfile.php 
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/CustomProfile.english.php 

Any body can give me solution ?

Thanks

Cavan

I have had way too many issues trying to get this mod running---I think 5 attempts is enough. And now I can't even uninstall it!

I uninstalled it via Admin, then deleted it just as you would do with any other mod, and now I'm getting this:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/Sources/CustomProfile.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1722) : eval()'d code on line 298

NONE of my posts show---everything's GONE. How do I get rid of this mod? ???

EDIT: I apologize for that---it was a bit preemptive. I neglected to remove the bits of code that were added to my custom theme's Display.template.php.

Back in business---maybe I'll try again at a later date when this mod isn't so buggy. Good luck.

alleyvandal

So will this mod work with SMF 1.1.3?

TrueSatan

If you would get a test forum going you can answer such things for yourself and trial a mod before adding it to your live/production forum(s). Reading the topic prior to posting would be appreciated...you will see that other postings clearly answer your question.

Advertisement: