BBC Permissions Mod

Started by winrules, September 01, 2006, 12:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winrules

Link to Mod
Rate this Mod

This mod will add permissions for every BBC tag. They can be changed in the global permissions for each membergroup. If a member is in a group that isn't allowed to use a tag, the tag won't be parsed. This mod also works for custom tags added in other mods.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

vbgamer45

Excellent idea for a mod! I can see this being used many people. Good job!
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

londonhogfan

beautiful.  you have made my day.

anyway to get it for RC2 also?  I am waiting for TinyPortal to release an update for RC3.  If not I can wait... Its worth it.

Thanks soo much for the mod.

lHf

1948Pal

Great idea. great mod. Great job. Makes many people happy :)
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

L.G.S

Hey great mod.

For some reason I cannot pick codes though, it just says "Allow all tags" with a tick box, if I untick it nothing happens and I cannot pick which to use.

If I untick it and save, it reticks itself.

I've checked all the files, the mod installed properly.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

winrules

Quote from: londonhogfan on September 01, 2006, 12:21:03 PM
beautiful.  you have made my day.

anyway to get it for RC2 also?  I am waiting for TinyPortal to release an update for RC3.  If not I can wait... Its worth it.

Thanks soo much for the mod.

lHf
Try adding ";version_emulate=1.1 RC3" to th epackage manager URL.

Quote from: L.G.S on September 01, 2006, 12:51:37 PM
Hey great mod.

For some reason I cannot pick codes though, it just says "Allow all tags" with a tick box, if I untick it nothing happens and I cannot pick which to use.

If I untick it and save, it reticks itself.

I've checked all the files, the mod installed properly.
Does it show individual checkboxes for each BBC tag (like the screenshot on the mod site page)?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

L.G.S

No, just "Allow all tags" where they should be

www.gamesandgoals.com

winrules

Wierd...Can you go to the BBC manager (Admin -> Posts and Topics -> Bulletin Board Code) and see if there's checkboxes for each tag there?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

L.G.S

www.gamesandgoals.com

winrules

Quote from: L.G.S on September 01, 2006, 03:32:33 PM
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/323/bbbbil5.jpg

Nope, just like the permissions
OK it's not a problem with the mod then. Can you pm me the parse_bbc function in Subs.php?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

L.G.S

www.gamesandgoals.com

winrules

Quote from: L.G.S on September 01, 2006, 03:49:36 PM
sent ;)
OK Thanks. If anyone else has issues with this mod and has the Hide Tag Special Mod installed, see my post here.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

L.G.S

Thanks for sorting my problem out.

www.gamesandgoals.com

Poreman

Quote from: winrules on September 01, 2006, 12:08:38 PM
Link to Mod
Rate this Mod

This mod will add permissions for every BBC tag. They can be changed in the global permissions for each membergroup. If a member is in a group that isn't allowed to use a tag, the tag won't be parsed. This mod also works for custom tags added in other mods.

I have a member who seems to think we don't know the meaning of any words so he links multiple words to the wiki dictionary thing.  I installed the BBC tag mod, made a new usergroup, added the user to the group, turned off the IURL and the URL tags in permissions. But the URL link still works in his posts. Will the new usergroup override the members group?  I don't know if I understand all of the functionality of this mod. 

Any help explaining what needs to be done to make this work would be Great

Thanks
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
Isaiah 43:11

TrustingJesus

londonhogfan

I don't have the mod yet because TinyPortal hasn't upgraded for rc3 yet, but my guess would be that he is in another group that allows the BBC.

Might be nice if the mod is updated again to have an allow | disallow | deny to the permissions.

winrules

Quote from: Poreman on September 07, 2006, 04:12:12 PM
Quote from: winrules on September 01, 2006, 12:08:38 PM
Link to Mod
Rate this Mod

I have a member who seems to think we don't know the meaning of any words so he links multiple words to the wiki dictionary thing.  I installed the BBC tag mod, made a new usergroup, added the user to the group, turned off the IURL and the URL tags in permissions. But the URL link still works in his posts. Will the new usergroup override the members group?  I don't know if I understand all of the functionality of this mod. 

Any help explaining what needs to be done to make this work would be Great

Thanks

Has he made any new posts? Because this won't work on any old posts. Maybe I'll rewrite it so it does.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Poreman

Quote from: londonhogfan on September 07, 2006, 04:26:12 PM
I don't have the mod yet because TinyPortal hasn't upgraded for rc3 yet, but my guess would be that he is in another group that allows the BBC.

Might be nice if the mod is updated again to have an allow | disallow | deny to the permissions.

Not sure, Seems the Global Permissions overides this.  Don't know.  All I know is the permission select box's are in the usergroup permissions, but whether checked or unchecked seems don't Change anything, I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if anyone comes up with instructions on how to use this

Thanks

TrustingJesus

winrules

Did you see my previous post?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Poreman

Ok, I thought it would work on previous post as well as future post. my error, but if you can make it retro-active to all, that would be nice. :)

Thanks

TrustingJesus

Gobo

hi this mod is good but it fails in certain aspects...

#1 the links are still visible as text within the URL tags
Suggestion: It would be better to have an replacement?

#2 if i post my link straight like this http://path-to-peace.net
it shows up as a hyperlink so the purpose of URL BB code is defeated

Any solutions for this?

Thanks

Advertisement: