News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Font and Size Dropdown 1.1

Started by Ferrika, January 23, 2007, 10:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Riker

aayushagrawal90

i have installed this mod but under font size (arial,verdana) font face are showing.

plzz help me

W. Riker

In ./Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php

$txt['font_face'] = 'Font Size';

Replace with:
$txt['font_face'] = 'Font Face';

And

$txt['font_size'] = 'Font Face';

Replace with:
$txt['font_size'] = 'Font Size';

This should solve your problem.  ;)

W. Riker

Quote from: W. Riker on September 26, 2008, 04:16:30 AM
Can somebody please show me what should i change in this mod to get more fonts?

I also need fonts 4pt, 7pt, 16pt, 18pt, 20pt, 25pt, 35pt and 50pt

O:)

I realized how to do this so nobody needs to bother with this.

pinoypetfinder

will this work on 1.1.6? i need to limit the font size to 12pt or less only.

pinoypetfinder

okay, thanks for the reply :) will try that :)

kyle007

I have a great problem, not about this mod but relevant...

None of the fonts work in my smf... Arial, Comic Sans,... None of them :S

It appears like this when i change a text's font (ignore that *) :

[fon*t=arial]example[/font]

How can i fix this ?

Rumbaar

There is a fault with the installation of the $txt[] strings for this mod.  It replaces the following $txt[] strings with it's own.  But those $txt[] are still required by the Post.template.php to define the description text for the size and face buttons.

Themes/default/langauges/Post.english.php
Add back in:
$txt[532] = 'Font Size';
$txt[533] = 'Font Face';

So in the installation process it should actually add these to the Modifications.{language}.php file or add them to the Post.{langauge}.php without touching the current $txt[] strings.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

sheryltoo

Quote from: SMASH on September 16, 2007, 10:25:43 PM
Hello,
First Thanks for a great mod.  :D

I did find a little error. You have <file name="$themedir/languages/Post.english.php">
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[
$txt[532] = 'Font Size';
$txt[533] = 'Font Face';
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['font_arial'] = 'Arial';
$txt['font_times'] = 'Times New Roman';
$txt['font_comic'] = 'Comic Sans MS';
$txt['font_verd'] = 'Verdana';
$txt['font_heatt'] = 'Haettenschweiler';
$txt['font_taho'] = 'Tahoma';
$txt['size_9'] = '9pt';
$txt['size_10'] = '10pt';
$txt['size_11'] = '11pt';
$txt['size_12'] = '12pt';
$txt['size_13'] = '13pt';
$txt['size_14'] = '14pt';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

The "Font Size" and Font Face" are in the wrong spots. So after you install it it says, "Font Size" on the drop down but their are font types and on "Font Face" has font sizes.

Easy fix, just open "post.english.php" and change them around. I think the german one is miss up too.

Quote from: SMASH on September 16, 2007, 10:25:43 PM
Hello,
First Thanks for a great mod.  :D

I did find a little error. You have <file name="$themedir/languages/Post.english.php">
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[
$txt[532] = 'Font Size';
$txt[533] = 'Font Face';
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['font_arial'] = 'Arial';
$txt['font_times'] = 'Times New Roman';
$txt['font_comic'] = 'Comic Sans MS';
$txt['font_verd'] = 'Verdana';
$txt['font_heatt'] = 'Haettenschweiler';
$txt['font_taho'] = 'Tahoma';
$txt['size_9'] = '9pt';
$txt['size_10'] = '10pt';
$txt['size_11'] = '11pt';
$txt['size_12'] = '12pt';
$txt['size_13'] = '13pt';
$txt['size_14'] = '14pt';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

The "Font Size" and Font Face" are in the wrong spots. So after you install it it says, "Font Size" on the drop down but their are font types and on "Font Face" has font sizes.

Easy fix, just open "post.english.php" and change them around. I think the german one is miss up too.

I don't have lines 532 and 533 in my file but I did see where Font size and Font face were wrong so I tried to switch them only it didn't do anything.
My drop down boxed are still reversed.

Blinker

Hi there, please see this thread for the background on my error - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293133

What I want to know is what I need to do with my custom theme's display.template.php file to stop the forum generating those errors.

Please let me know if the details from my original thread don't make sense.

BTW I've re-added

$txt[532] = 'Font Size';
$txt[533] = 'Font Face';

back to my post.english.php file.

chrisb

i have installed this on version 1.1.8 and its showing in the top left hand corner, But i do have a mod called Hack's Park Color Picker installed as well, But it will now move from there, please let know as soon as possible, i have attached a screen shot as well .

Baldy

Firstly Hi Everyone, this is my first post and already I'm full of questions.

My Forum has been running now for a couple of years and I have decided to add my first ever mod today. (As you can tell I'm a complete novice) Thank you for this mod it works great and gives my forum something that I've always wanted. Although it works fine it now leads to two other issues:
I can't find the area where I need to add additional Fonts and Sizes, so can anybody direct me there please.
The other question I have is, when I use the Colour, Font and Size options the TAGS appear at each end of the message, is there anyway of hiding the tags so that they dont appear??

Kind regards
Baldy

R.Bourne

Quote from: Rumbaar on December 02, 2008, 07:43:36 PM
There is a fault with the installation of the $txt[] strings for this mod.  It replaces the following $txt[] strings with it's own.  But those $txt[] are still required by the Post.template.php to define the description text for the size and face buttons.

Themes/default/langauges/Post.english.php
Add back in:
$txt[532] = 'Font Size';
$txt[533] = 'Font Face';

So in the installation process it should actually add these to the Modifications.{language}.php file or add them to the Post.{langauge}.php without touching the current $txt[] strings.

I just noticed your suggestion. I updated the post.english.php file although we never noticed any issue.

But I also think there are more problems with this MOD. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=237990.0

As soon as someone clicks on "Posting" on help section, the error log shows many error messages from help.template.php. I disabled EVAL to figure this out. I can just delete any code from this MOD in help.template.php and all is good. However, there has to be a reason for MOD designer for all this!

Any suggestion, please?

LOVELORD

When I install this mod into post.template.php it work great.. But when I instal it into display.template.php for quick reply, it stop working. Show me only a choise drop menu, but wituot any function, Hot show anything into post box.

Tien

I had tried to install this mod even manually. However I got this problem as shown below;

There is nothing display in the font face and font size dropdown boxes. What could be the cause of this problem? anybody able to advise? Thanks!

Tien

Yes I did but still did not see anything in my dropdown boxes.

LOVELORD

Quote from: Tien on May 26, 2009, 12:52:48 AM

Translate mod into your lenguage, or use load default lenguage mod.

Tien

Quote from: LOVELORD on May 26, 2009, 02:40:34 PM
Quote from: Tien on May 26, 2009, 12:52:48 AM

Translate mod into your lenguage, or use load default lenguage mod.

I have tried that as well but still there is nothing in the font size and font face dropdown boxes.  :'(

Advertisement: