News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Redirection Boards

Started by Oldiesmann, October 18, 2004, 07:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L.G.S

Will this ever be made for 1.1rc2 ::)
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Skipdawg

Quote from: L.G.S on February 05, 2006, 08:41:08 AM
I have found something interesting out about the board areas.

You can have redirection boards WITHOUT any modifications.

All you have to do is use HTML to link somwhere in the board title.

E.G <a href=http://www.google.com>Visit Google!</a> in the board title gives you a direct link to google!

Folks this is as simple as stated above. That is all I did with mine. I set one up on both forums to each other.
Did the whole thing in like a minute.  ;D ;)
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

Oldiesmann

New version is out! Please see the first post in this topic for upgrade instructions!
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

winrules

Quote from: Oldiesmann on April 24, 2006, 05:06:50 PM
New version is out! Please see the first post in this topic for upgrade instructions!
Horray! Will install :)

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Søren Bjerg

After changing a few search strings in the modification_1-1.xml file to make it install with Topic Ratings installed, I get this error message when installing the mod:

QuoteDatabase Error

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'tintytext NOT NULL' at line 1
File: /customers/xxx/httpd.www/forums/Packages/temp/RedirectPdb.php
Line: 26

EDIT #1: Oops, looking at that error message again, I see where the problem is... tintytext :).

EDIT #2: Gave me another SQL error :/.

QuoteDatabase Error

Duplicate entry 'redirect_hide_columns' for key 1
File: /customers/xxx/httpd.www/forums/Packages/temp/RedirectPdb.php
Line: 12

Hmm... could it be it inserted the columns in the database despite the previous SQL error? Better check...

Yep, had to delete a couple of columns in in smf_boards and smf_settings. Installed afterwards :).

EDIT #3: Ok, uninstalling the mod doesn't remove the column in the smf_boards table, making reinstalls fail.

EDIT #4: Hmm... get a SQL error when modifying a board now :(.

QuoteDatabase Error

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1,
redirect_url = ,
redirect_target = ,
is_r
File: /customers/xxx/httpd.www/forums/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1036
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

Oldiesmann

Ok. Give me a few minutes to see what I can do. It looks like I messed up on a couple of things.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Søren Bjerg

Hope you figure it out - it's a great mod... and definitely a better solution than the alternatives you can hack your way to in a default installation :).
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

L.G.S

Thanks, could I have a screenshot please?

www.gamesandgoals.com

Oldiesmann

Fixed both issues - added a query to Uninstall.php to remove the redirect_hide_columns setting and modified the appropriate code in modification_1-1.xml to fix the problem you were having with Subs-Boards.php. New file has been uploaded.

L.G.S. - I'll get you some screenshots after lunch (going to eat lunch now).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

L.G.S

www.gamesandgoals.com

Søren Bjerg

Quote from: Oldiesmann on April 25, 2006, 02:21:27 PM
[...]
Sweet, I'll give it another spin :).

EDIT:

$helptxt['redirect_hide_columns'] = 'If selected, this will hide the information about the number of posts and topics in a board for redirection boards.
For the default theme, this hides the "X posts Y topics" column. For the babylon theme, the "X posts in Y topics" column is hidden, and in the classic theme, the "posts" and "topics" columns are hidden. "--" is displayed instead if this is not selected.

The above should be...

$helptxt['redirect_hide_columns'] = 'If selected, this will hide the information about the number of posts and topics in a board for redirection boards.
For the default theme, this hides the "X posts Y topics" column. For the babylon theme, the "X posts in Y topics" column is hidden, and in the classic theme, the "posts" and "topics" columns are hidden. "--" is displayed instead if this is not selected.';

...otherwise all help texts would give a 'template parsing error'. ('; at the end ;))

I still get the SQL database error when submitting changes (or no changes) to a board, though :/:

QuoteDatabase Error

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1,
redirect_url = '',
redirect_target = '',

File: /customers/xxx/httpd.www/forums/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1036

Oldiesmann

Update:
Fixed several more bugs. Working on fixing a minor display-related bug with ManageBoards.template.php (it's supposed to hide certain fields for boards that aren't redirection boards, but it's not working).

L.G.S - I'll add some screenshots once I fix the bugs. Hope you don't mind waiting a bit longer.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

L.G.S

www.gamesandgoals.com

Oldiesmann

Note to self: Test mods thouroughly before releasing them... :)

Found and fixed several additional bugs, including some rather annoying ones (apparently "+=" doesn't work in MySQL). I'm pretty sure I've fixed all the bugs now, but let me know if you come across any more.

Screenshots are attached to the first post.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Søren Bjerg

Quote from: Oldiesmann on April 25, 2006, 06:52:33 PM
Note to self: Test mods thouroughly before releasing them... :) [...]
But that's no... umm... "fun"... for us :P.

Søren Bjerg

Under $themedir/BoardIndex.template.php a little typo has snuck in; opeartion.

EDIT #1: Argh, think my SMF installation crapped up on me... it won't let me upload any packages all of a sudden... says they are either not valid or corrupt. Will give it a shot again later on today.

EDIT #2: Hmm, the archive seem to lack a package-info.xml file... could that be it? But I didn't have any problems with uploading it the first couple of times... :o.

EDIT #3: Found a package-info.xml file from an archive in my trashcan, so got it to upload, and install after adjusting a search string under $themedir/BoardIndex.template.php, where it should find this line...

// Show some basic information about the number of posts, etc.
echo '
</td>
<td class="windowbg" valign="middle" align="center" style="width: 12ex;"><span class="smalltext">
', $board['posts'], ' ', $txt[21], ' ', $txt['smf88'], '<br />
', $board['topics'],' ', $txt[330], '
</span></td>

...but it was only...

// Show some basic information about the number of posts, etc.
echo '
</td>
<td class="windowbg" valign="middle" align="center" style="width: 12ex;"><span class="smalltext">
', $board['posts'], ' ', $txt[21], ' <br />
', $board['topics'],' ', $txt[330], '
</span></td>

...in my file.

It now gives me a template parsing error on entering a board:

QuoteTemplate Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
parse error, unexpected '/'

Submitting changes to a board in the administration gives me a blank "An Error Has Occurred!" error :S.

-

Sorry to cause so much trouble :(.

Oldiesmann

That's ok. I don't mind - this is what I get for not testing things out before releasing them ::)

Give me a bit to download stuff again (forgot to bring my USB drive to school) and I'll see what I can do to fix these bugs that keep popping up.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

Ok... I'm pretty sure I've fixed all the bugs now. I also added another package-info.xml file since I somehow forgot that last night... Try again and let me know if you run into any other problems that I may have missed.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

L.G.S

www.gamesandgoals.com

Søren Bjerg

Any chance you could reupload the file - getting errors in WinRAR.

L.G.S - there are screenshots in the first post of the topic.

Advertisement: