News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy99

default theme and this was only mod I tried to install today.
when I installed the mod, I forgot to remove older aeva media mod. if that helps.
downloading errorlog one more time to make sure.

/r
Andy

Colin

Ok, what I was going to say is if you don't have any other custom themes or mods you could upload and overwrite the existing file structure with that of the SMF package here at the downloads page. (Without overwriting settings.php, Attachments and Avatars).
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

andy99

Colin

Be advised, this will remove all custom mods and themes.

Good luck!
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

andy99

easy fix... reinstalling mods are easy.. I was scare that I may have to get a fresh start...
I guess I could also have asked my hosting site to go back 24 hours since it's backed up daily from there.
either way, I upgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3.. voila! everything is back up.
thanks to quick support from Colin, you rock and I owe you one.

/r
Andy

Colin

Colin

Kindred

do note.... you would not want to install aeva gallery AND aeva lite...   aeva lite is included as part of aeva gallery.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ACAMS

Quote from: Kindred on December 13, 2012, 11:13:50 PM
First of all, upgrade your forum to 2.0.2 ASAP.

Second, upgrade aeva to at least 2.04

I just got an email to update AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Surprize, surprize

I am dissipoint!

Fisch.666

Hi,

Quote from: YogiBear on August 30, 2010, 07:08:36 AM
This is curious. Although I installed the v1.4 package of 29 August I got this error in the Admin Log...

8: Undefined variable: view 

File:
Line: 259     

The 'cure' was to enable Recent Items.     No big deal so long as it works.  :)

i had the same problem with the erros in my logfile and found a possible fix over there at simplemachines.ru:

http://www.simplemachines.ru/index.php?topic=9602.msg93431#msg93431

Will test this in the next few days.

Zagdul

Quote from: Nao 尚 on January 23, 2010, 11:34:52 AM
The invalid filename is for your file being transferred.
It's probably your server preventing correct handling of the file. File too large, or incorrect file permissions, etc.

Hi Nao, thanks for the mod.

Can you give me some examples of 'incorrect file handling' from the server? I'm having this issue with my members and they can't upload either.

Kindred

Nao does not provide support for this mod here anymore....

I suspect that it has something to do with your server configuration.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jarodsafehouse71

Quote from: jarodsafehouse71 on August 31, 2012, 02:05:26 PM
Hi

I added a youtube video to Aeva and used it's thumbnail as my album icon. Now, ANY video I add to even another album takes on this icon. Why? It's also using the that video's thumbnail on all newly added videos.

I have saved another thumbnail as the icon but the one still remains regardless.

Also, I add photo titles as I'm mass uploading. Recently I've noticed those titles changing on their own and when I go to edit each one, they change further as I go to the edit screen.

Can someone tell me why it's doing this?

Thank you!

Still need help with this problem. Can anyone help?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

jarodsafehouse71

I use the Opera Browser primarily, but have tried it and get the same result on all others (IE9, Rockmelt, Chrome, Firefox)

Fisch.666

Ok, it seems that this did the trick:

Quote from: Fisch.666 on December 21, 2012, 05:38:51 AM
Hi,

Quote from: YogiBear on August 30, 2010, 07:08:36 AM
This is curious. Although I installed the v1.4 package of 29 August I got this error in the Admin Log...

8: Undefined variable: view 

File:
Line: 259     

The 'cure' was to enable Recent Items.     No big deal so long as it works.  :)

i had the same problem with the erros in my logfile and found a possible fix over there at simplemachines.ru:

http://www.simplemachines.ru/index.php?topic=9602.msg93431#msg93431

Will test this in the next few days.

handsome_94

EDITED : Had some queries regarding the way this mod works, but now I've figured it out now on my own!! So, there is no need for this post.

Thanks!!

Zagdul

Quote from: Kindred on December 21, 2012, 09:20:11 PM
Nao does not provide support for this mod here anymore....

I suspect that it has something to do with your server configuration.
I wish the stupid feud would die.

Can you give examples?

Because members have the ability to upload via attachments and I have everything set so that apache owns the directories and can write to it. Admins and Mods can upload however, members cannot.

Kindred

there is no feud any more.  He just does not wish to provide support here.

you did not originally say that some could and some could not...
if admins and mods can, then it must be a permissions problem instead...   
Слaва
Украинi

Zagdul

Quote from: Kindred on December 24, 2012, 06:07:16 PM
there is no feud any more.  He just does not wish to provide support here.

you did not originally say that some could and some could not...
if admins and mods can, then it must be a permissions problem instead...   

Yep, trying to track down the permissions issue.

I've even gone into the aeva permissions settings where I see a list of all the groups people are in. I go to my main group I wish to edit, add all the permissions, apply and they're still getting the error 'The file has a invalid extension (png)'.

So, just to reiterate:

1. Confirm the group I want to allow uploads to has the selected boxes ticked in SMF's manage permissions area. I'm checking now, Red = X Green = A
Access Gallery
Moderate Gallery
Administrate Gallery
Access unseen area
Search in Gallery
Add User Playlists
Add Albums
Moderate Own Albums
View Anyone's Gallery Profile

This didn't fix it, so I went into the Aeva Manage Permissions area of the admin panel. From here I go to Default Profile which lists all the user groups. In the group I want to allow access to, I've got in the "Permissions Profile" column I've got a 16, for which I've approved them to do everything but upload videos.

This group is still getting the same error: The file has a invalid extension (png)

Zagdul

OK, got it to work. I had to create a custom permission profile for the group in the Aeva Media Permissions Profiles. I then checked the appropriate boxes and it worked.

I cannot use the "Default" group, I had to actually create an entirely new Permission Profile, named it after the group I wanted to upload, then checked the appropriate boxes and poof... it worked.

Thanks for your time.

Advertisement: