General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XHIBIT911

The  Subs-Aeva-Custom.php  was not on my server (and this was a direct install thru fantistico).
Also this wasnt a custom install.
The closest thing to what you guys have mentioned that I do see is Aeva-Sites-Custom-Example.php
Now if thats it, then I was looking verbatim for what you guys said...but this does not have Subs in front of it.
Which in turn makes it all the more confusing because. I cant make heads nor tails of what you guys are saying if I have different php files

Kindred

ah... I see the problem.
I think Nao made a typo when he wrote the instructions.

the examples file is correct.
I believe that you need to create a file using the ecamples file as your base called Subs-Aeva-Custom.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Outrack

Quote from: Outrack on May 31, 2013, 08:09:07 PM
I've used the mod for a while and love it! However, I've just installed it on a new SMF forum but all images I try to embed in posts end up being automatically resized to 200x50 pixels... Any idea why this is happening? I'm using the direct link and not thumbnail, and all other image embeds are working fine :(

Didn't get an answer, so I just wanted to bump with more information - I found that the cause of this is in SMF's "Max width of posted pictures" feature and if I have the option set to anything other than 0, all images posted using the direct link are forced with width=200 and height=50 attributes. Anyone know how I can work around this problem?

Outrack

Sorry for the bump, but I've just installed a clean version of SMF 2.0.4 and Aeva 1.4w with no other mods/template edits to see if I could reproduce and isolate the problem. Setting the default max width of posted images via SMF's ACP definitely conflicts with the use of direct links and updates the tag from [img] to [img width=200 height=50] automatically, so the problem isn't just with my forum.

Is there any way I can fix this? I run a gaming forum and users frequently post large screenshots, so I really need both features to work as intended :(

Adrek

I created album, in settings all membergroups have Read and Write access but only administrator can add items inside album.
Regular user with write access can't add any items.

Is this how it should be?
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Adrek

In album settings and SMF permissions page? Because users have Access Aeva permission and still they can't add items

edit: I found it. It was in Aeva settings: Permission profiles :)
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Kindred

sorry I couldn't be more clear... I was posting from a phone and, while I CAN type on it, I am not so proficient that long posts are readable. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Cat McFarlane

Hi :-)

Just got first domain/hosting and started SMF forum 4 days ago, to run a large art group. Was thrilled to find Aeva Media, but there are errors now where I can't upload anything. Was about to get site testers in tonight, ready for launching next week, so it is very stressful indeed, as I can't go ahead as planned. Could I please ask advice, and also really clarify that I'm very new to this and would be very grateful for any advice.

Thanks, Cat

Cat McFarlane

Quote from: Grumpy Old Sod on August 09, 2013, 11:13:24 PM
Er what are the errors?

Can't upload anything, no matter how I set it to maximum picture and resize. Says images too big, even if they're 600 x 600. I've set max to 2000 x 2000. Was working, then it just stopped working. :-(
Very wary of going into the wrong place in cpanel, if I need to do a full manual uninstall. It won't uninstall directly from the forum, and all i can think of to put it right is a total uninstall/reinstall.

TheListener

Cat McFarlane

Quote from: Grumpy Old Sod on August 09, 2013, 11:55:28 PM
Errors in the error log?

Who is your host?

The direct errors Aeva gives are ... This file is too large for your allowed quota. You can cancel its upload, or try uploading it, as it is an image and may be successfully resized to smaller dimensions. Files it's giving this error for are between 41kb adn 618kb, nowhere near 2000. Just says type of error:undefined, in error log.

http://*****.org/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;b96c5e454759=cd3fc12c285604d1efdaace6eacd5df4
8: Undefined index: notes_popup
File: /home/dsdetllb/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 4179

Host is namecheap.

TheListener

Knowing the complete error other than
QuoteJust says type of error:undefined, in error log.

would be a big help.

Also

QuoteWho is your host?

Cat McFarlane

Quote from: Grumpy Old Sod on August 10, 2013, 12:11:42 AM
Knowing the complete error other than
QuoteJust says type of error:undefined, in error log.

would be a big help.

Also

QuoteWho is your host?

Sorry, I was editing in answers while you saw my first post. Hope the text i've provided is right. Just directly from error log. Am with namecheap.

TheListener

posting instead of modifying an older post woulda saved this grump some time  :)

Specially as it's 5:18am here.

Which mods are installed on the forum?

Webhosts whom state Unlimited Bandwidth should be avoided.

I bet if you found a decent host you wouldn't have these problems.

I certainly don't and I have over 500 images in my gallery.

Cat McFarlane

Quote from: Grumpy Old Sod on August 10, 2013, 12:20:56 AM
posting instead of modifying an older post woulda saved this grump some time  :)

Specially as it's 5:18am here.

Which mods are installed on the forum?

Webhosts whom state Unlimited Bandwidth should be avoided.

I bet if you found a decent host you wouldn't have these problems.

I certainly don't and I have over 500 images in my gallery.

yes, I'm in the same time zone, UK.  :)

here's the 34 mods ...

Auto Refresh Who Index
Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC5/Final Plugin
ENotify [there but not installed]
Alert
Board-color-and-icons
News Letter Mod for SMF2
Tinyportal (there but not installed)
Simple Youtube Video Embedder/BBC
Add Join Date to Post
Treasury