News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radioninty

Hi folks

Is there a way/mod to embed clips from this site - hxxp:flipnote.hatena.com/9F283FB0CC79C7C9@DSi/ [nonactive] into the SMF forum?

I've tried using the included flash thing but that doesn't work nor does the Aeva plug in.

Cheers in advance.

Arantor

If it's not covered by AEVA you could request a plugin in the Mod Requests board. Alternatively I think you would be able to request it be added to AEVA in their discussion area.

If you'd like this, please confirm and we'll get a moderator to move the thread there for you.

radioninty

:)

Yep, feel free to move to wherever it should go.

Nao 尚

No problem. The idea of embedding videos like this wasn't mine, but I'm satisfied with what I managed to pull out of my extra ideas.

Well, donations to SMG don't go to me (who made Aeva and who's been making half of SMG), but whatever :P
As indicated, I don't "take" donations anyway. If you really want to donate, you might as well want to buy the Foxy! addon for SMG, at least you're not donating for absolutely nothing in return ;)

BTW, Dragooon says all donations go to maintaining the server's monthly $40 fees. High costs being explained by a SVN server being installed on it. I have a perfectly working SVN server on my own $10/mo. host so I really don't see the point in keeping the $40/mo server alive... :-/ (I know, I should post this to Dragooon directly.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Schlup

QuoteYouTube videos will automatically appear in HD and Widescreen if available!

This isn't working anymore...it used to work for me but on one of these last upgrades something changed, or YouTube started blocking or something.  You can see what I mean by visiting there link...
http://www.bulletproofnerds.com/smf/index.php/topic,860.0.html

That video should default to HD and widescreen.  I've check the settings and everything looks to be in order.  Please help and or advise.

Thanks!

Nao 尚

Your video has "isWidescreen" set to false in it (check out YouTube's code). That means the video may be in HD, but it doesn't respect a standard 16/9 HD ratio. So you'll have to manually add "-ws" to the URL options. Then you're good to go.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Schlup

Ok, I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused, do you mean I have to add -ws to the end of the YouTube URL?  Can you give me an example with the URL that I have posted?

Nao 尚

Just look at the end of your URL in your post, it has a # in it... Next to it are the video options. Add "-ws" to it. It should be "#hd-ws" or "#ws-hd" I guess.

Sabre™

Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 23, 2009, 04:34:17 PM
...I don't "take" donations anyway. If you really want to donate, you might as well want to buy the Foxy! addon for SMG, at least you're not donating for absolutely nothing in return ;)

I can confirm that, I offered a while ago and received the same reply.
I know you don't rub kind to compliments, so all I will say is...
Respect :)

On topic, thanks for the continuous updates
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Cablespider

Quote from: Schlup on August 24, 2009, 01:50:34 AM
QuoteYouTube videos will automatically appear in HD and Widescreen if available!

This isn't working anymore...it used to work for me but on one of these last upgrades something changed, or YouTube started blocking or something.  You can see what I mean by visiting there link...
http://www.bulletproofnerds.com/smf/index.php/topic,860.0.html [nofollow]

That video should default to HD and widescreen.  I've check the settings and everything looks to be in order.  Please help and or advise.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. When posting the link, the url defaults to #ws-normal no matter what video I post:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXF2nH4Z9sc#ws-normal]AVATAR - International Teaser Trailer (HD)[/url]

http://www.aionline.info/index.php/topic,671.0.html [nofollow]

I checked the ytb code and isWidescreen is set to true.

tbk22

Quote from: Kindred on August 09, 2009, 11:25:56 AM
tbk...   when I say manually uninstall...   I mean uninstall from EVERY SMF file...    not just modsettings. get rid of every trace of AEVA and then (and only then) try to re-install)

Im sorry

Its fixed now...

I forgot to check post.php
It seems that duplicate code was creating the problem
=)

Shinakeme

Quote from: Shinakeme on August 13, 2009, 04:05:29 AM
Hey i have a question i am trying to get this certain embed to work on my forum but it won't show the vid even after i installed the new version of aeva

<object width="940" height="425"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="movie" value="http://ufragtv.com/public/flash/Viewer.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="showId=20777&showChat=1&advertisment="></param><embed AllowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" FlashVars="showId=20777&showChat=1&advertisment=" src="http://ufragtv.com/public/flash/Viewer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="940" height="425"></embed></object>
Hmm i am assuming that no one noticed this comment so please if anyone doesn't mind tell me what the problem is please

Tattoocu_Cartel

Hi!

I want use this video player

www.timsah.com

array(
'id' => 'tms',
'title' => 'Timsah',
'website' => 'http://www.timsah.com',
'type' => 'pop',
'added' => '<4.0',
// http://www.timsah.com/yaramaz-capkin-velet/ddrVdwz1XF8
'pattern' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
'movie' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
'size' => array(530, 477),
'lookup-title' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
'fix-html-pattern' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
),

Unfortunately I could not make. Can u help me?

radioninty

Hi folks

Is there a way/mod to embed clips from this site - hxxp:flipnote.hatena.com/ [nonactive]

I've tried adding it myself using the included file, but I'm at a complete loss as to how to find the info needed for it..

Cheers in advance.

LoopinFool

Quote from: Cablespider on August 24, 2009, 11:18:17 AM
Quote from: Schlup on August 24, 2009, 01:50:34 AM

This isn't working anymore...it used to work for me but on one of these last upgrades something changed, or YouTube started blocking or something.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. When posting the link, the url defaults to #ws-normal no matter what video I post:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXF2nH4Z9sc#ws-normal]AVATAR - International Teaser Trailer (HD)[/url]

hxxp:www.aionline.info/index.php/topic,671.0.html [nonactive]

I checked the ytb code and isWidescreen is set to true.

Here's a "me, too" for you. I'm here because I'm trying to figure out the same problem. For the videos I think should be "ws" or "hd", I verified that isWidescreen is true, and fmt_map starts with 22 on the YouTube page.
They all default to "#ws-normal", which doesn't even show the fullscreen button by default (I plan to fix that in Subs-Aeva-Custom).
I may try to force it to use "ws" by default somehow, but there's definitely something wrong in the format detection code.

I'm running Aeva 6.9.100 on SMF 1.1.10.

Thanks,
- LoopinFool

Özgür

Finally i found one bug. ehehe =) If you try to use smf 2.0 search feature (in admin cp), page title seems "Aeva Auto Embed Audio & video" in search results.
So Long

Nao 尚

This was reported a few months ago, but I never managed to reproduce on my server.

Nao 尚

Version 6.9.101 is out.
Its main purpose is to fix as well as it can the YouTube "issue" with video formats.
Hopefully it'll work on all videos available. I only tested it on 3.

Version 6.9.101                                  29th August 2009
-----------------------------------------------------------------

@ YouTube removed the ability to choose the internal video format months ago,
  so I'm afraid I had to remove most of that functionality.
- Reduced the number of different quality levels in YouTube to just LQ, HQ and HD.
+ Viewing a 4/3 video in YouTube will now make it larger if you choose the
  HQ setting. You can customize the size through Subs-Aeva-Custom as usual.
! Fixed support for demoscene.tv

LoopinFool

Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 28, 2009, 07:34:30 PM
Version 6.9.101 is out.
Its main purpose is to fix as well as it can the YouTube "issue" with video formats.
Hopefully it'll work on all videos available. I only tested it on 3.
This works very well for me! Obviously, I had to re-post so it could do the detection correctly.

One quick question -- I see that the default quality is hardcoded to '1' and aeva_quality is just a session cookie. I could see people with slow connections getting annoyed by that. Short of modifying Subs-Aeva.php (I'd rather not), is there a good way to make it default to the lower quality instead?

Thanks for fixing this so quickly!
- LoopinFool

Cablespider

Thanks for the update. Everything seems to be in order now.

Your time is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement: