News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Nao 尚

You have a seriously corrupted template over there...
For instance, there are two DIVs with an id of "footerarea". The first one should be removed (just delete << id="footerarea">>), then the copyright will show up in the second footeraea, i.e. the one with the actual credits.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

swtdivalove

I'm getting this error when I try to watch a YouTube.com video:

Embedding disabled by request.  Please watch the video on YouTube.

I do not get this on all videos that are posted, but do get them on some.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What Nao there is trying to suggest, and I concur, is that the error message should really be self explanatory to anyone who has ever used youtube. Youtube does not allow embedding of all videos, and when a video is not allowed to be embedded, you see that message. ( With or without AEVA actually, if you try to embed the video. )
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Akyhne

Quote from: Nao 尚 on September 26, 2009, 07:04:48 AM
Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't account for stupid or illiterate people when I wrote that error message.

(Yeah, sorry, I'm in a good mood but that one was too tempting :D)
Did you concider the PM I send you regarding a FAQ?

Nao 尚

Quote from: Akyhne on September 26, 2009, 11:16:31 AM
Quote from: Nao 尚 on September 26, 2009, 07:04:48 AM
Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't account for stupid or illiterate people when I wrote that error message.

(Yeah, sorry, I'm in a good mood but that one was too tempting :D)
Did you concider the PM I send you regarding a FAQ?
Yes, but it's so long I never took the time to read it I'm afraid!

I would recommend that you post it here. People will be able to contribute to it and when it's ready (if it isn't yet), I can paste it into the first message.

rolandocorrales

Hola, tengo instalado el Aeva y funciona perfecto con los videos de Youtube, preo no puedo hacer que funcione con los .mp3 que tengo subido al site.
Tiene comandos especiales?
NAcasita Flash antes?
Mi sitio es sobre filosofia hxxp:hacialapazdelhombre.co.cc/Foro/index.php [nonactive]
Desde ya Gracias.

Hello, I installed and works perfect AEVA to videos from Youtube, but I can not get it to work with. Mp3 that I uploaded to the site.
Have special commands?
NAcasita Flash before?
My site is about philosophy [url] http://hacialapazdelhombre.co.cc/Foro/index.php [/ url]
Thanks (google)

Akyhne

Questions:

Installation:
I'm running version x.xx of Aeva. Do I have to uninstall this before installing version y.yy? ->
I updated Aeva, but videos are shown twice? ->
Embed Local Files - what does that mean? ->
Where do I find/add translations for this mod? ->
Manual Installation/removal of Mods ->
I want to change the size of the embedded videos. How do I do that? ->

Usage:
Is there any way of adding permissions to users, or are there already permissions settings in the mod? ->
external embedding disabled - what does that mean? ->
Video embedding by Aeva, © Noisen - this is on all pages in the bottom of my forum. How can I remove it? ->
I want to get a video site added that you don't support with Aeva. What do I do now? ->
Can my users force a video not to be embedded? ->

Errors:
Aeva is not working with some videos - "external embedding disabled" ->
After installing this mod, my forum loads the pages much slower! ->
The videos on my site are not the same size! ->
Some videos will show to some users, but others can't play them! ->
The videos for site xxx stopped working from one day to the next! ->
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xxx  ->

Answers:

Installation answers:
I'm running version x.xx of Aeva. Do I have to uninstall this before installing version y.yy?
Always! Do make sure everything is deleted, before installing a newer or older version.

I updated Aeva, but videos are shown twice?
You did not uninstall the old version the right way, didn't uninstall it at all, or the removal didn't go as expected. You will have to manually remove code that is left from the installation!

Embed Local Files - what does that mean?
It means that Aeva can automatically embed files that are places on your webserver - under the same domain as where your SMF forum is installed.
Just post the html link to the video like you would do with a Youtube video, and the video will be embedded.

Where do I find/add translations for this mod?
http://aeva.noisen.com/trans/

Manual Installation/removal of Mods
To install/remove the mod manually, check Manual Installation of Mods

I want to change the size of the embedded videos. How do I do that?
You need to edit the Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php file, found in your ./Sources folder of your forum. Read it carefully!

Here's a quick guide:
Rename Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php to Subs-Aeva-Custom.php and edit the new file only!
To change the embeded size for vimeo, look for it in Subs-Aeva-Sites.php. Here's the first par of the code, belonging to Vimeo:
array(
'id' => 'vimeo',
'title' => 'Vimeo',
'website' => 'http://www.vimeo.com',
'type' => 'pop',
'added' => '<4.0',

As you can see, the ID for vimeo is.. ->> 'id' => 'vimeo',
We now need that ID.

Go back to Subs-Aeva-Custom.php and delete the part:

/* // REMOVE THIS LINE TO COMMENT OUT

foreach ($sites as $si => $te)
{
// Always hide local mp3 player's URL
if ($te['id'] == 'local_mp3')
$sites[$si]['show-link'] = false;
// Set YouTube's HD videos to the same size as normal widescreen - you can also do: unset($sites[$si]['size']['hd']);
if ($te['id'] == 'ytb')
$sites[$si]['size']['hd'] = array(640, 385);
}

/*

Replace it with similar code to this:

{
      if ($te['id'] == 'vimeo') {
         $sites[$si]['size'] = array(680, 510);
      }
   }

... where 680 is your new width, and 510 is your new height.

For each new site you want to add to the list, just copy the code:
      }

... and give it a new ID according to the sites ID in Subs-Aeva-Sites.php.

Youtube is a little more complicated, so here's a full example changing embedded size for both Youtube as well as Vimeo:

{

if ($te['id'] == 'ytb') {
         $sites[$si]['size']['normal'] = array(500, 404);
          $sites[$si]['size']['hd'] = array(650, 500);
         $sites[$si]['size']['ws'] = array(680, 549);
      }

}

}

Note! To make your changes take place, you have to go to the Admin center and save your Aeva Sites list!!!!!

Usage answers:
Is there any way of adding permissions to users, or are there already permissions settings in the mod?
There are no permissions in the mod, and there never will be.

external embedding disabled - what does that mean?
It means that the site you are embedding the video from, do not allow people to embed the video on external webpages, as Aeva does. It is mainly because the creator of the video has chosen not to allow this. Nothing to do about it!

Video embedding by Aeva, © Noisen - this is on all pages in the bottom of my forum. How can I remove it?
That is a copyright, and you are not allowed to remove it. If you want to remove it anyway, ask Nao.

I want to get a video site added that you don't support with Aeva. What do I do now?
You can add it yourself, by looking at the file Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php. You will find this file in your ./Sources folder of your forum. Read the help in the file carefully! You will have to have some knowledge of regex (don't ask if you don't know) to add your own sites.
Nao will also do the job for you, but only by payment. Ask him!
Do not edit the Subs-Aeva-Sites.php file where all the other embedded sites originally are added! The file is automatically updated once in a while. Your changes will get deleted! However, you can use that file to see how other embedded sites are coded.

Can my users force a video not to be embedded?
You can use the [nobbc] tag to prevent embedding. If you have some text in front of the link on the same line, it should also not be embedded.
To use the [nobbc] tag, post a video link as followed:
[nobbc]somevideolink.com/embedded_link[/nobbc]

Errors answers:

After installing this mod, my forum loads the pages much slower!
The only reason for this should be if you, in your admin center, enabled embedding for all the sites that Aeva supports. When you save the Aeva Site list in the admin center, a file is (re)created with code for each enabled site on your list.
With over 200 supported sites by Aeva, some slower servers will be stressed by this. The solution is to uncheck sites you don't think you have any need for. Go to Admin -> Features and Options -> Aeva Sites, then uncheck the sites you don't need. Remember to save by clicking the [Save] button in the bottom of the page!

The videos on my site are not the same size!
Aeva embeds the videos in the same sizes as on the original pages of the videos. For sites like Youtube, the sizes varies depending on the quality level of the videos. You can tweak Aeva to use the sizes you want, by editing the file Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php.
Do not edit the Subs-Aeva-Sites.php file where all the settings for each video site are! The file is automatically updated once in a while. Your changes will get deleted at some point!
Read more here: I want to change the size of the embedded videos. How do I do that?

Some videos will show to some users, but others can't play them!
Some sites like BBC do not allow embedding for users outside UK. So if you are on the wrong IP address, the files can be dissalowed for some users to see.

The videos for site xxx stopped working from one day to the next!
Many sites change their site code from time to time. So one day, you will be able to embed from a site, the next day you won't. It's something we will have to live with.
If a site goes dead, ask Nao if he can fix it.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xxx
You have somehow double installed parts of, or the whole mod. Uninstall everything manually, then reinstall. Check Manual Installation/removal of Mods

Akyhne

Quote from: Nao 尚 on September 26, 2009, 12:16:08 PM
I would recommend that you post it here. People will be able to contribute to it and when it's ready (if it isn't yet), I can paste it into the first message.
I posted it here and locked it. Can you edit it from there?

Rafferty

Quote from: rolandocorrales on September 26, 2009, 10:50:02 PM
Hello, I installed and works perfect AEVA to videos from Youtube, but I can not get it to work with. Mp3 that I uploaded to the site.
Have special commands?

Embed Local Files? Mine has never worked. I believe you are supposed to type in the full URL to the file but this doesnt work.
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Soms

Quote from: Rafferty on September 27, 2009, 08:40:25 AM
Embed Local Files? Mine has never worked. I believe you are supposed to type in the full URL to the file but this doesnt work.

It works just fine for me.

nick_n_ii

I've been using this mod on my site for about a month now.  And after some testing I've found that for some reason I get "Embedding disabled, limit reached" with you tube videos.

If I use the [HTML] blocks and YouTube code I can see the video's fine on my site.

Any idea's?
www.adv4x4s.com
SMF 2.0.2
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: nick_n_ii on September 27, 2009, 06:54:07 PM
I've been using this mod on my site for about a month now.  And after some testing I've found that for some reason I get "Embedding disabled, limit reached" with you tube videos.

If I use the [HTML] blocks and YouTube code I can see the video's fine on my site.

Any idea's?
Does that happen all the time, or only after 12 or so videos have already been posted on the same page? There's a limit in the AEVA settings for this, that you can change if you want to, I think it defaults to 12.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

nick_n_ii

Quote from: LexArma on September 28, 2009, 02:41:26 AM
Quote from: nick_n_ii on September 27, 2009, 06:54:07 PM

Any idea's?
Does that happen all the time, or only after 12 or so videos have already been posted on the same page? There's a limit in the AEVA settings for this, that you can change if you want to, I think it defaults to 12.

That sounds about right.  We have a favorite video page that is 20 posts long.

How can I change it?
www.adv4x4s.com
SMF 2.0.2
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Akyhne

Quote from: nick_n_ii on September 28, 2009, 06:40:21 AM
How can I change it?
Quote from: LexArma on September 28, 2009, 02:41:26 AM
There's a limit in the AEVA settings for this, that you can change if you want to, I think it defaults to 12.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Akyhne on September 23, 2009, 05:55:19 AM
SMG and Aeva are made to work together. The author is the same.
Unless by "SMF Gallery" he meant "SMF Gallery Lite", not "SMF Media Gallery".
In which case, no I didn't write SMF Gallery and I have nothing to do with it (except for making the SMF2 version of it over a year ago, before I joined the SMG project.)

Nao 尚

Quote from: nick_n_ii on September 28, 2009, 06:40:21 AM
How can I change it?
I would recommend against it. There's a reason why Karl added this feature in the fist place.
Embedding many videos in a single page tends to crash your browser. Any browser really.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Rafferty on September 27, 2009, 08:40:25 AM
Make sure you're using the same domain for both your file and your forum...

Quote from: Akyhne on September 27, 2009, 08:31:19 AM
I posted it here and locked it. Can you edit it from there?
Nope.
Actually, I was a bit surprised... Not by the fact that I couldn't edit your post (I am, after all, just a lowly fulltime beta testing monkey and have no rights to anything), but that anyone can post new topics in this board. I thought it was just supposed to be there to apply pre-moderation settings on posts, lol...
Anyway-- So I discovered there are plenty of topics that address me, but I never read them in the first place. How am I supposed to deal with that. I don't read new topics in SMF, there are WAY too many out there, so I'm using the "Unread replies" feature so that I could follow on every topic I posted to earlier. I suppose there's no way to get both "unread replies" to any topic, AND any unread topic in a selection of boards? (Namely for me, the beta testing boards and the Aeva boards...)

Advertisement: