News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

@Kindred> To be more practical, I believe when the "eval" error happens, there's a 80% chance the error comes from index.template.php, a 10% chance it comes from the actual file indicated on screen, and a 10% chance it's from somewhere else, but still from a template file.

@Vrohopoios> if you have admin access, use the  tag and it will work. If it doesn't, use the channel link. I do not offer anything else for livestream I believe. I haven't looked much into it anyway.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

fedepan

QuoteI updated Aeva, but videos are shown twice?
You did not uninstall the old version the right way, didn't uninstall it at all, or the removal didn't go as expected. You will have to manually remove code that is left from the installation!

But i've not a version of Aeva before this installation....it's the firs and the latest version of a new installation

Sudhakar Arjunan

All videos were showing doubled.

And need to remove the footer link.

Help me out.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Nao 尚

1- Uninstall Aeva, then uninstall it again (manually, through the manual parser), and reinstall.

2- No can do. If you don't like it, don't use it. The footer only appears on pages that call Aeva BTW.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Sabre™

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 21, 2009, 04:46:05 AM
...The footer only appears on pages that call Aeva BTW.

Hey Nao, is it supposed to display on the main board aswell, not just the threads with clips?
Because on a site Im putting together, it is displaying on the main board.
It's no problem at all, was just curious :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 21, 2009, 04:46:05 AM
1- Uninstall Aeva, then uninstall it again (manually, through the manual parser), and reinstall.

2- No can do. If you don't like it, don't use it. The footer only appears on pages that call Aeva BTW.

1) Tried uninstalling for twice. Same issue .

2) If it loads only on aeva called video pages, then its ok. Why it is displaying in forum homepage footer. It should not be then what is the respect we are giving for simple machines forum. Is that not make you feel bad , even though we are big developers. I request you to remove from home page and place only on the post page which calls video using AEVA. Dont try to spoil the reputation of your Good Mod. ( Request ).

Arantor

Quote from: A.SK on October 21, 2009, 05:58:30 AM
I request you to remove from home page and place only on the post page which calls video using AEVA. Dont try to spoil the reputation of your Good Mod. ( Request ).

That's actually a lot easier said than done. The footer is controlled in a single place - in index.template.php. Modifying that to display on only some pages would be actually more difficult than it sounds.

Speaking from SMF Customization Team, there is nothing against modders putting copyrights in the footer. If you don't like it, you can ask the modder to remove it (though history shows they neither have to, nor generally are inclined to do so, just like SMF's copyright has to remain in the footer), or not use that mod.

Nao 尚

@Arantor> It's not only controlled by the index template. You forgot php's ability to rewrite pages on the fly, for one, and of course JS. ;)

@Sabre> It shows up when it's called, that's all. If you have a widget on your page that calls parse_bbc() on messages (such as the "recent posts" section that some people enable on their homepage), you'll be getting the copyright, but only if one of these messages has a video link in it of course. Sometimes people are wondering why the copyright shows up when no video does. It simply means SMF is doing too much work -- i.e. it's parsing messages, replacing ":)" with ":)" etc, and Aeva is called as well and replaces the video link with a video embed. Then it stores these decoded messages for later use, and the template itself doesn't use them at all. It can be "fixed" by modding SMF to avoid calling parse_bbc() in some sections. For instance, with a portal, you'll generally need to edit SSI.php and remove these calls. It'll save some CPU time on each page load, as well.

@ask> you need to uninstall manually. Use the mod parser tool that SMF offers on mod pages, and apply these changes to your pages one by one. Then you can reinstall Aeva through the package manager. And don't forget -- you must always uninstall a mod before you reinstall it. SMF has support for an upgrade path, but honestly I've never seen any mod do that.

@ask2> I do not CARE, repeat, I do not CARE a single bit about Aeva's reputation. The mod stands for itself anyway. All I know is that I've done my best on it, I've spent months working like crazy on it, often wasting sunny morning trying to bust a bug I met the previous day, or going to bed several hours after my girlfriend does just to get something finished. I've been insulted many times for not doing this or that, so if some people don't care about my feelings as dedicated developer of a free mod, why should I care for them? I've never asked for any money for the thing. If you don't like it, don't use it. If you like it, then you can live with a copyright. If you have a good reason to want to remove the copyright notice, then PM me and I'll be listening. Otherwise, it's just a matter of not wanting to give me credit for the service I'm offering.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 21, 2009, 08:00:30 AM

@ask> you need to uninstall manually. Use the mod parser tool that SMF offers on mod pages, and apply these changes to your pages one by one. Then you can reinstall Aeva through the package manager. And don't forget -- you must always uninstall a mod before you reinstall it. SMF has support for an upgrade path, but honestly I've never seen any mod do that.

@ask2> I do not CARE, repeat, I do not CARE a single bit about Aeva's reputation. The mod stands for itself anyway. All I know is that I've done my best on it, I've spent months working like crazy on it, often wasting sunny morning trying to bust a bug I met the previous day, or going to bed several hours after my girlfriend does just to get something finished. I've been insulted many times for not doing this or that, so if some people don't care about my feelings as dedicated developer of a free mod, why should I care for them? I've never asked for any money for the thing. If you don't like it, don't use it. If you like it, then you can live with a copyright. If you have a good reason to want to remove the copyright notice, then PM me and I'll be listening. Otherwise, it's just a matter of not wanting to give me credit for the service I'm offering.

Personally if you ask me . I will say Hey Nao, I had admired at your work.

Using your mod from day one of release.

You have placed links to author page on each and every video.

I had no chance in asking you. since you have spent your time in developing AEVA Mod.

I do remember the name you have changed to acronym.

All have their efforts in supporting SMF towards its future path.

I said, after few months of using it. One day i say my community forum footer was very big and noticed that there was a new line added.

I suggest to have your link when you feel the target audience will look in , neither on the homepage footer.

I understood the functionality on index.temple php integration and even i though it could be tough on writing copyright for only certain pages.

Think twice, i accept your efforts to your mod and smf.

Your mod get popularized by its update you made then and now, rather than patching and updating monthly once.

Consider it, i have 1 lakh 28 thousand posts on my community.

Though it would be helpful if you embed only on the video page could yield your name.

Thanks for the support you have so far given, giving to smf community.

Arman007

Aeva-7.0.701---- Error

I have install Aeva-7.0.701 in SMF 2.0 Version...

but it not showing anything except this Aeva Debug: 0.0114 seconds. on bottom of NEWS & Newsettler...

what it means.. how to remove this problem ?

Rowdy

QuoteI do not CARE, repeat, I do not CARE a single bit about Aeva's reputation.
Not plausible.

Hinchy

I am trying to figure out how to disable Aeva on certain boards. I know it involves setting $context['aeva_disable'] = 1; somewhere but it eludes me exactly where to put it. I am also confused about how I get the board's ID so I can put in an if statement in there to disable it only on those boards. Some help from anyone would be appreciated.

Nao 尚

I

don't

understand

what

you're

trying

to

say.

Really.

(Is there a translator in this room?)

Akyhne

I think people have said what should be said.... right!

Arantor

Quote from: A.SK on October 21, 2009, 01:53:38 PM
Though it would be helpful if you embed only on the video page could yield your name.

You've missed part of how it works then. The mod works whenever bbcode is figured out. This happens in many places; it occurs on the message index for the potential for a post preview. It happens in the thread view. It happens on the front page because it's working out the bbcode for a preview for the recent posts.

Without rewriting the entire bbcode parser you can't stop it doing that.

Sabre™

Thanks for your thorough explanation Nao.
Cheers mate :)

Btw, would you mind if I moved your copyright to display under the "Page created in...." text? As it pushes that text a few px down.
I know how to do it, and understand that it will display on every page, but that is of no concern to me.
Just thought I'd ask first, as you may not like it like that.
Cheers.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You probably have messed up the settings somehow. That is an option to turn on in the Aeva options in your admin panel.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

xCrucialDudex

Besides Readme explicitly states that if you have Aeva version that is above or equals 5.2 you do not need to uninstall before upgrading:

QuoteIf a version of Aeva >= 5.2 is already installed, you don't need to uninstall and reinstall, you can simply overwrite the Aeva source and language files with newer versions, no further changes being made to the SMF core files.

Source: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=977

I had had version 6.x.x and decided to upgrade to 7.0.71 and I wind up with duplicates of embedded video clips and I also had to edit a source file to remove duplicate function from it.

To put it straight Readme doesn't tell you the truth so keep this in mind folks.

I simply removed (Uninstall+Delete) old Aeva and installed a new version. It worked out for me just right.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: fedepan on October 20, 2009, 04:39:35 AM
QuoteI updated Aeva, but videos are shown twice?
You did not uninstall the old version the right way, didn't uninstall it at all, or the removal didn't go as expected. You will have to manually remove code that is left from the installation!

But i've not a version of Aeva before this installation....it's the firs and the latest version of a new installation
You have somehow probably managed to install it twice. You might want to go through the edits made, manually.

Quote from: xCrucialDudex on October 22, 2009, 01:34:31 AM
Besides Readme explicitly states that if you have Aeva version that is above or equals 5.2 you do not need to uninstall before upgrading:

QuoteIf a version of Aeva >= 5.2 is already installed, you don't need to uninstall and reinstall, you can simply overwrite the Aeva source and language files with newer versions, no further changes being made to the SMF core files.

Source: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=977

I had had version 6.x.x and decided to upgrade to 7.0.71 and I wind up with duplicates of embedded video clips and I also had to edit a source file to remove duplicate function from it.

To put it straight Readme doesn't tell you the truth so keep this in mind folks.

I simply removed (Uninstall+Delete) old Aeva and installed a new version. It worked out for me just right.
You did not understand the readme correctly. Updating the newer versions of aeva without uninstalling, means simply overwriting files with FTP. If you are "updating" through the package manager, you need to uninstall the old versions first - and I think it says that in the package manager when you are installing as well...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Nao 尚

@Everyone> YouTube has (again) changed their internal code... Widescreen was broken. I've updated the sitelist internally, I'll upload it at the same time as Aeva 702, even if you don't install that one the sitelist will still update for you automatically in less than 24 hours.

@Sabre> It's always the same thing: do as you want, as long as the copyright shows up, is readable, not less readable than the footer, and shows up at least on pages where Aeva is used. The rest is up to you.

@Hinchy> Your best bet is to put it into Load.php, in loadBoard() (I think?), just after the board ID is determined.

@Rowdy> Why not? The only thing I cared about what for it to remain as popular as when Karl Benson used to maintain it. When he handed it over to me, it quickly dropped in download numbers so I did my best to keep up. After a few weeks it was back to normal, and after a few months the amount of daily downloads was multiplied by 5. I had reached my only goal, and then got the issues with the copyright notice showing up next to racist videos. This led me to abandon Aeva for quite some time. When I came back, I really wasn't interested in the mod's popularity/reputation any more. As I said, I couldn't care less. I only want it to WORK and to shut up.

@Arantor> Actually, your post made me think... Is it really THAT impossible? I was in bed when it occurred to me: of course not! It's only Javascript! Why not make sure to call it only when the videos show up? So I did it! I quickly enabled the "recent posts" list on my homepage, got it to show a copyright notice, uploaded my modified version, reloaded the page and -- voilà! No more copyright notice on the page :) This will be in Aeva 7.0.702, I'm working on uploading it.

Advertisement: