General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melancholic

I'm trying to install Aeva on my forum;

I've had many troubles doing this :P haha

Well anyway I just got the message saying:
Congratulations! Aeva was installed successfully.
You will now be taken to its settings page, where you can enable it.

But when I go to modifications I get the following:
There are no modifications installed that have added any settings to this area yet.

-I have created a folder called temp and have chmod 777
-The Aeva zip pack has chmod 777 as well..

So the main problem is: There are no modifications installed that have added any settings to this area yet.

xCrucialDudex

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 26, 2009, 10:51:27 AM
Quick Edit will screw up your videos, or at least some of its features, because it's like a frame that has no way to deal with its parent Javascript.

I'm afraid I'm not following you here. How exactly Quick Edit [QE]/Modify Message [MM] screws up videos? Does it affect all videos or just some? Point is many videos are loaded in right size and just some look screwed up. Do you really say it is so because of the fact that there's a QE/MM button?

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 26, 2009, 10:51:27 AMJust reload the page to see the video as other users will see it.

You apparently talk about something different in your reply. Actually, I do see videos as other users do.

Let me show you what I mean by QE/MM button:
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9290/aevabugs.jpg

find red "2", now down on the right from this digit you can see a tiny icon that depicts a sheet of paper and a pencil laying on it. That's a Modify Message button that lets you to quick edit a post as opposed to Modify button located usually on the top of the post area alongside with Quote, Modify, Remove Topic, Split Topic buttons.

Nao 尚

@IceBurn> If you're an admin, you can use the  tag to embed just anything in your posts.
@Tiribulus> No, I was talking about SMG in that case... Check out the SMG topic for more details on my latest findings.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Nao 尚

How QE screws up videos? Because for one, when you click Submit, the contents is then turned (via Javascript) into something suitable for XML transmission (rather than direct HTTP POST). But this is not so much a problem now since I've been able to work around it long ago. The main problem is that SMF sends back an AJAX message with the updated (and parsed) contents. It's like receiving an all new web page... Only, it only contains what's in the post. No headers, no Javascript -- hence, no communication between the main page and its new contents, because there's no way to easily retrieve the div IDs needed for establishing that communication. Anyway... So, what I did is, if XML transmission is detected, I completely disable the Javascript features and send back a plain <object>. This effectively disables the "Normal | Large" options in the bottom right corner. Because of this, I consider it's "screwed up". The object is only shown to reflect changes made by the user. It doesn't represent the final object.

Excuse me if I don't understand your message :-/
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

gffb

Quote from: gffb on October 22, 2009, 12:44:57 PM
I am trying to embed an mp4 video file, I have added the link in a post but when viewing the post I just get the player bar with playback controls but no video screen.
Sorry to ask again but is mp4 posting possible?

Nao 尚

Rowdy

Quote@Rowdy> My philosophy is more akin to Voltaire's "we must cultivate our garden", actually.

Alrighty, you can lead a horse to water....

They are making Atlas Shrugged in to a movie. I believe the script has been approved by Leonard Peikoff, her intellectual heir,  and is supposed to be out in 2011. I expect it will affect a permanent shift in American culture though probably not enough to turn us back toward freedom given the dominant cultural acceptance of altruism and pragmatism. Maybe you will enjoy it.

Good luck.

Nao 尚

Quote from: RowdyMusician on October 27, 2009, 09:31:44 AM
I expect it will affect a permanent shift in American culture though probably not enough to turn us back toward freedom given the dominant cultural acceptance of altruism and pragmatism. Maybe you will enjoy it.
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

(Maybe because I'm *not* American?)

Uhura!

Please halp!

The package was uploaded sucessfully; however when I was supposed to be taken to the settings page for the mod here is what I got.

A big white screen + Fatal error: Call to undefined function: modifyaevasettings() in /home/ourmo0/public_html/community/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 187

Also, this is on the top of my forum page in the Admin area now:

// Aeva - START function ModifyAevaSettings() { global $sourcedir; @require_once($sourcedir .'/Subs-Aeva-Admin.php'); return aeva_admin_manager(false, isset($_GET['sa']) ? $_GET['sa'] : ''); } // Aeva - END

Plus the Aeva tab in the Features & Options doesn't work. Here's what I get when I click it:

// Aeva - START function ModifyAevaSettings() { global $sourcedir; @require_once($sourcedir .'/Subs-Aeva-Admin.php'); return aeva_admin_manager(false, isset($_GET['sa']) ? $_GET['sa'] : ''); } // Aeva - END
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: modifyaevasettings() in /home/ourmo0/public_html/community/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 187

SMF 1.1.0

And please be gentle - noob here :) !
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Kindred

the short of it is: The package did NOT upload successfully...

It looks like the aeva file(s) were not copied to your server/directories and the edits to the language file were applied in the wrong place (probably due to a mod which you installed before which did things incorrectly)

Get the aeva files and copy them into the sources and theme directories...
modify modifications.english.php and make sure the ?> is the LAST thing in the file.... (currently it is now)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

It's more like ModSettings.php wasn't correctly edited, and the ?> is now located before the modifyaevasettings() function declaration. Just a matter of moving it to the end.

CodeDev

Hi!

Today one of our members have reported that TinyPic videos are not working :(

Here is one example:
http://pt-br.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2a4wpoj&s=5

However I've notice that the same video works if we use this URL:
http://pt-br.tinypic.com/r/2a4wpoj/5

It's the same video, just under different URL's, last one is the one used in their BBcode embed.

Can you please verify?

Thank you very much in advance.

gffb

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 27, 2009, 05:47:37 AM
Link to your forum page that shows it fail?

Here is a link to my site with the video http://www.abcunited.info/abc/index.php?topic=298.0

Question to moderator:- Why are my posts on this topic moderated?

Nao 尚

@IceBurn> I don't see any issue with the pattern you're indicating. It should work... Can you double-check? Does it appear in the source code the same way as it appears to your eyes?

@gffb> Ah, you're the one from smf-media... Okay, then that would explain your problem with SMG. The video you posted was handled by Aeva rather than SMG, because you posted a direct link to your file, rather than uploaded the file itself.
I never tested MP4 files on Aeva and indeed it doesn't work. It's not that it's buggy -- it's just that Aeva considers MP4 files to be audio, so it uses the remote MP3 player instead of the remote Video player. I've compiled a version of Aeva that adds separate support for MP4. As evidenced here:
http://aeva.noisen.com/dev/5060/tests-video-embedding/msg235111/#msg235111

Will release it soon.

Nao 尚

Done!

Version 7.0.703                                 28th October 2009
-----------------------------------------------------------------
+ Added (or fixed) support for local MP4 files

Arantor

Quote from: gffb on October 27, 2009, 09:58:22 PM
Question to moderator:- Why are my posts on this topic moderated?

All posts in this board have been. There were issues with people being quite deliberately inflammatory about this mod, needlessly.

CodeDev

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 28, 2009, 05:15:36 AM
@IceBurn> I don't see any issue with the pattern you're indicating. It should work... Can you double-check? Does it appear in the source code the same way as it appears to your eyes?

Hi!  :)

Thank you for your reply.

This is the video section at the post source:
<div id="aevid10">
<a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2a4wpoj&amp;s=5" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2a4wpoj&amp;s=5</a>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
swfobject.embedSWF("http://v3.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2a4wpoj&s=", "aevid10", "440", "420", "9", aeinst, {}, aevams);
// ]]></script>

This is the link my user posted:
Quotehttp://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2a4wpoj&s=5

I believe the problem is that the embed swf object is missing the number 5 at the swf object query (&s=)

One more thing... AEVA used to upgrade automatically, but I've just notice that the latest version is 7.0.703 and I'm running version 6.9.99. (My SMF is v1.1.10.)

Should I upgrade manually? If so, do I have to uninstall the mod first and reinstall in order to upgrade?

Many thanks in advance.

Rowdy

Quote(Maybe because I'm *not* American?)

No, that is not why. Most Americans wouldn't have understood what I said either and most of the rest wouldn't see anything wrong with it. The statement also applies to the entire Western world at this time, with plenty of individual exceptions of course. But, that is a long discussion.

Advertisement: