News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitchuone

Quote from: gitchuone on December 01, 2009, 06:17:40 PM
Not sure what happened, but even before I updated to the new version all my embeds have now died out. I completed the upgrade and still... embedding is broken.

Not sure why embedding "broke" before the upgrade, but what I noticed happened after the upgrade was that in the "Sites List" all the sites were unchecked, so it didn't "trust" any sites, which equaled no embedding. I checked all sites that I wanted again and, WHA LA! embedding started to work again.

LHW

We're using SMG if people want others to have the option of downloading audio/video files.  It seems to be working fine for us.

CodeDev

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 02, 2009, 08:44:32 AM
Quote from: IceBurn on December 02, 2009, 06:34:36 AM
I get the player stated in the original AEVA sites, instead of the customized player I define in the custom sites file.
Uh... Is this for local files, or 'external' local files? Or both?
It's for the forums static subdomain, where I have some files related to the forum subject, including our podcast mp3 files.
I have not enabled "allow external sites", as AEVA works fine for subdomains.

Thank you.

Nao 尚

IceBurn, you will probably find happiness in Aeva Media, since it will be using (although maybe not in its first public beta) SMG's Flash player to play local files. I suppose you don't have anything against JWPlayer? :)

realnc, it's Subs-Aeva-Sites.php which should be updated. Then, go to the admin area and just hit "Submit" anywhere in the Aeva admin. It should update the Generated file.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

realnc

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 02, 2009, 01:19:26 PM
realnc, it's Subs-Aeva-Sites.php which should be updated. Then, go to the admin area and just hit "Submit" anywhere in the Aeva admin. It should update the Generated file.
Still doesn't update (with "Submit" I assume you meant the "Save" button.) I've made Subs-Aeva-Sites.php writable (it was writable only by me before) but it doesn't help.

Unless of course it got updated but the fix doesn't work. Not sure, since this file does not provide any version information in it (like an increasing number every time you make an update.) The MD5 sum of my copy is c92f0d5e5be0f1e685d4c44cf95a0091.

Nao 尚

realnc, try with the new version... If it doesn't work, then send me a link to your problem post by PM.

v7.0.706 is out!

Version 7.0.706                                 2nd December 2009
-----------------------------------------------------------------
* Changed copyright notice to make it less intrusive
* Slightly rewrote sitelist update system to accomodate for Aeva Media
* Enable auto-embed module by default on first install... Let's be crazy!
! SMF 1.1.11 broke links enclosed in noembed tags... Bad boy!
! Links such as *.avi.html could get embedded... Bad me!

PS: feedback welcome, everyone. I can't test the update on my site because I'm using Aeva Media and it's not compatible. Hopefully it will work ;D
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

poolhall

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on November 30, 2009, 08:34:22 AM
BTW, Aeva Media is the next major update of Aeva. Instead of being called Aeva 8.0, it's called Aeva Media 1.0 because I'm merging it with SMF Media Gallery, the other 'big' mod I'm in charge of.
There were many reasons for merging them, including the fact that I do not see myself adding new features to Aeva without crossing over to SMG territory, so I thought I might as well merge them now, so I'll be able to use SMG features later, such as permissions. Also, I'm working on a user settings page which will have both Aeva and SMG settings for everyone.
After this merge, you're probably not going to update AEVA for future SMF versions, so my question is, are you planning to have an option in AEVA Media to disable SMG related functionality for those who don't want it?

Nao 尚

22 downloads, no messages, may I safely assume the admin area works for everyone?

LHW

This is the only thing I've noticed so far...

A new version (7.0.705) is available! - Current version: 7.0.706

Rafferty

On update / redirect blank page

Blank pages also in admin installed packages & Features and options

Uninstalled & Features & Options page is still blank
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Nao 尚

I think the v705 message is because the customize section of SM.org is currently down. So, the latest recorded version available is v705, and Aeva can't update it. In earlier versions, it wouldn't say anything because it would do a numeric comparison between versions and only complain if the latest version was higher than yours. However, since Aeva Media will reset the version number to 1.0, I decided to drop this. It's just bad luck that the mod site is down precisely at the moment it shouldn't be. :P

Rafferty, just make sure everything is uninstalled manually. Then reinstall automatically.

Rafferty

Yah fixed, although package said uninstalled, nothing did, in fact going through the files, it had added the code each time I tried to reinstall, most files having 5 sets of codes added one after the other. That'll do it, no idea why the uninstall didnt remove anything tho.

Nao 尚

Are you sure you uninstalled every time?

Re: customization site -> I just noticed that it loads fine through Google Chrome. I must have a glitch in my Opera 9. Usually it works flawlessly but currently it won't load anything from custom.simplemachines.org. Very odd... Anyway -- I've updated Aeva Media to allow admins to update the sitelist within the admin area. Without having to go visit a forum page with a video in it.

Rafferty

yup, i even got the unistalled page after each uninstall. Im using Firefox

Nao 尚

CodeDev

- danny

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on November 30, 2009, 06:21:08 AM
@aLEX> I lost interest in doing website integrations long ago, so I'm no longer doing them, except for a fee. If you can find someone here to do it for you, feel free.

I'm interested. Can you send me a PM?

NaWaR

need fast help please ...!!

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifyaevasettings() (previously declared in /home/syrcom/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php:425) in /home/syrcom/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 438
i just get the new version and this happened to me !! and also update the forum to 1.1.11

Nao 尚

Send me your site by PM and I'll tell you whether I can do it or not.

Advertisement: