General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AoS

I've just installed AEVA as the old Youtube BBC code mod doesn't seem to work anymore with the SMF 1.1.11 patch but my users are complaining about some slowness since then.

I tried to disable AEVA and they say it's better.

Anybody noticed the same performance impact of AEVA? My website runs on a shared server. Any way of improving the performance (unchecking some websites in the AEVA site config ?)?

Nao 尚

@Gargoyle> For files, the chmod is 0644, not 0777.
Re: imdb, they seem to have changed their embedding system. Actually-- they don't even provide with a way to embed their video, and they're making sure it's hard to decypher it (Javascript, iframes, etc.) I'm not going to be able to embed this.
Can anyone confirm that ALL imdb videos now use that system? If yes, I might just as well remove support for imdb.

@AoS> Never heard of that. Aeva is as fast as can be done. Seriously, I'm still pretty happy with the system that Karl devised and that I worked on since then. But yes, if you enable ALL sites, your site is going to be much slower. You should just enable the 'popular' sites. If you enable 200 sites, it's always going to be up to 10 times slower than with 20 sites enabled. That's the whole point of the Subs-Aeva-Generated-Sites.php cache file...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Gargoyle

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 07, 2009, 03:28:35 PM
@Gargoyle> For files, the chmod is 0644, not 0777.
Re: imdb, they seem to have changed their embedding system. Actually-- they don't even provide with a way to embed their video, and they're making sure it's hard to decypher it (Javascript, iframes, etc.) I'm not going to be able to embed this.
Can anyone confirm that ALL imdb videos now use that system? If yes, I might just as well remove support for imdb.

Yes I have corrected the file permissions. Thanks for the information.

I will turn off IMDB videos then. Just thought maybe I did something wrong.. Thanks!

Rafferty

Updated from Aeva 7.0.705 to 706, install all went fine but admin page still reads "You have 7.0.705 new version is available" ?
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Nao 尚

It's been out for a few days now... If no one else is complaining, I guess it's working for everyone, right?
Try reinstalling... (Not that it matters much anyway. 705 schm706.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

h4ni

Hello
i have a problem!
all videos are displayed 3 time, in the html source code i get
<tr><td style="width: 480px; height: 385px" colspan="2" id="saeva1">
<div id="aevid1"></div>
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
var oldLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = function() { if (typeof(oldLoad) == "function") oldLoad(); aevacopy(); }
swfobject.embedSWF("http://www.youtube.com/v/6MQh3yrI75E&rel=0&fs=1&showinfo=0", "aevid1", "480", "385", "9", aeinst, {}, aevams, {id:"aevawi1"});
// ]]></script></td></tr>
<tr><td class="aeva_t">
<table class="maeva" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" style="width: 480px" id="sae2">
<tr><td style="width: 480px; height: 385px" colspan="2" id="saeva2">
<div id="aevid2"></div>
swfobject.embedSWF("http://www.youtube.com/v/6MQh3yrI75E&rel=0&fs=1&showinfo=0", "aevid2", "480", "385", "9", aeinst, {}, aevams, {id:"aevawi2"});
<tr><td class="aeva_t">
<table class="maeva" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" style="width: 480px" id="sae3">

<tr><td style="width: 480px; height: 385px" colspan="2" id="saeva3">
<div id="aevid3"></div>
swfobject.embedSWF("http://www.youtube.com/v/6MQh3yrI75E&rel=0&fs=1&showinfo=0", "aevid3", "480", "385", "9", aeinst, {}, aevams, {id:"aevawi3"});

can any one help me?

Nao 尚

h4ni, you need to uninstall the mod every time you upgrade it...... -_-

Tiribulus

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 09, 2009, 06:23:01 PM

Unless he just copies the source and language files over right/?

Nao 尚

Quote from: Tiribulus on December 09, 2009, 07:04:29 PM
Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 09, 2009, 06:23:01 PM

Unless he just copies the source and language files over right/?
Yes, but users who update this way need to make sure the install scripts weren't modified at all.

h4ni

Hello Nao/Gilles, its a first time who i used this mod

Kindred

h4ni,

then you must have clicked install 3 times...l
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

Isn't SMF protected against this kind of action? If not, then it'd be a good time to do it ;) Maybe simply by turning the Install link into a button... (along with the submitOnce script.)

Arantor

Karl told me RC2 was supposed to be, but I'm not sure it is...

Kindred

SMF *IS* normally protected against this...

however, if you leave the screen in the middle of an install, or something prevents the install note form being added to the install list file (permissions), the system will allow you to install multiple times, because it has no record of the first install, despite having made the code changes.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

Well, technically, if a second install is launched before the first is finished, it will proceed then, because the installed.list file is only updated at the very end of the install process... So, really, clicking the button twice could make it fail.
Although, come to think of it, it should be on page 2, after the readme is shown -- and I think it's a button there, not a link... Doesn't it have the submitOnce() protection?

Arantor

Nao 尚

I just checked -- it does have submitThisOnce(this) in it.
Maybe user has Javascript disabled?

Arantor

All things are possible. I thought there was a secondary check in the backend too to prevent this happening (i.e. adding to session and checking it there)

h4ni

Advertisement: