General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiribulus

Naolington?

Are you having some kind of bizarre nationalistic identity crisis induced by too many trips across the channel or what? Maybe you were one of those poor folks who got trapped in the tunnel and became confused about which side you wound up on? ;D :o

Nao 尚

@bperry> It's clearly explained in my posts in the earlier pages..

@tiribulus> Naolington = Jack Skellington, the character in my avatar... It's due to (1) myself watching my all new Nightmare Before Christmas Blu-Ray a couple of days ago, (2) all team members seemingly taking a new temp identity for Christmas season (I might as well join the fun.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

petesky

Quote from: Naolington on December 21, 2009, 10:30:10 AM
What do you mean autoupdate? I don't know PortaMx, what are you looking for?

PortaMx (a portal mod for smf) has some kind of inline autoupdate feature - it will install the packet outside the package manager (seems to be ajax or whatever) to bring it to the latest version.

baduong

Nao 尚

I don't know. Do they provide embed links?

@petesky> Uh... Outside the package manager? Is this only possible? Do you know who wrote that feature? I'm interested.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Naolington on December 21, 2009, 11:27:10 AM
@tiribulus> Naolington = Jack Skellington, the character in my avatar... It's due to (1) myself watching my all new Nightmare Before Christmas Blu-Ray a couple of days ago, (2) all team members seemingly taking a new temp identity for Christmas season (I might as well join the fun.)
[offtopic]
Love that movie, like your nick & avatar ;)
[/offtopic]
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

Nao,

PortaMx was written by Feline...   I do know that she does a bunch of coding contrary to SMF standards...   so I am not sure how good the auto-update is... (besides, you alreayd have the autoupdate running for the aeva site list) :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

petesky

Quote from: Naolington on December 21, 2009, 10:30:10 AM
What do you mean autoupdate? I don't know PortaMx, what are you looking for?

(Aeva has been automatically updating its sitelist for something like a year already, BTW... As for updating the mod itself, it would require that I no longer do changes to the install scripts...)

SVN doesn't say which is installed. You'll have to keep the record the old fashioned way. It's the price to pay for the latest SVNs ;)

http://portamx.com/index.php?topic=1303.msg7547#msg7547

There is a separate admin center (like yours) where you can click INSTALL NOW if an update is available after which the update will be installed without need of upload or change to the regular package manager; it's a real cool feature.

Axodious

May I PM you regarding the placement of Aeva's copyright?
"You make my heart pound; my mouth water. Yeah, there's nothing like a chili dog." Sonic the Hedgehog

Nao 尚

@baduong> I'm asking for an embed link, not a link to a video. I don't see any embed links over there.

@LeX> Even if we don't have Halloween rooted in our culture, it's a cult movie in France :) A once-in-a-lifetime combination of memorable songs and music, endearing story-telling, great characters, imaginative universe and simply perfect technology.

@Alban> I don't use the sitelist auto update much these days. It's better that way, though. As for the mod, I guess it would be nice to be able to update it, not automatically but with a button click. However, the user would still need to uninstall the previous version, as I can't, as opposed to Aeva Lite, promise not to change the install script. I mean it's a big bad gallery script...

@petesky> Okay, I've looked into PortaMx's code... There's nothing 'magic' in it, it simply provides a nice shortcut to automatically download the package. It doesn't offer to install it. The install script for PMX doesn't have an 'upgrade' section, so I guess there must be a lot of cases where people install it without uninstalling an earlier version. Am I wrong?

@Axodious> Yes, of course.

petesky

Quote@petesky> Okay, I've looked into PortaMx's code... There's nothing 'magic' in it, it simply provides a nice shortcut to automatically download the package. It doesn't offer to install it. The install script for PMX doesn't have an 'upgrade' section, so I guess there must be a lot of cases where people install it without uninstalling an earlier version. Am I wrong?

It will install an update but not the whole package itself; you don't have to switch over to the package manager. Just click INSTALL UPDATE and you can see a running bar performing the upgrade.

Paul123

The audio Plugin of this Aeva is very nice.  I'd like to use this plugin on my website.  Could you show me how to get the code of this audio plugin to embed audio files to my web?

Thanks very much,

darubillah

I want to request two features for Aeva

1) Default video player for all sites, It mean what ever link users post youtube or metacafe it show same default player for all

2) Text advertisement like youtube or see this link
http://www.clipcenterdemo.com/video/view/513_Inna_-_Love_HDTV_720p_200MB

or

therez a service which provide text advertisement for video sites , I dont remember its name, If anyone knows than please post here or If I get it I will post

Thankyou

Arantor

1. Not really that practical because of issues with different formats, and more importantly, cross-domain limitations from what I remember of Flash, meaning that you can't normally have a file on mywebsite.com and pull content from another domain like youtube.com into that one Flash package.

2. Not sure I follow what you mean. That link looks like a normal video playing website...?

darubillah

when you play video on that link you will see Text Ads also playing in movie, thats ads are manually added from admin panel

or this is the link to the site which provides advertisement for videos http://www.scanscout.com/adgallery/

1) I saw many youtube clone site which grabs videos from other sites like youtube & metacafe & plays on it default player

they also support to add logo in videos

do check this link http://www.scanscout.com/adgallery/

In that videos first they play advertisement & then the video plays

Arantor

Yes, they *grab* it. That means it's being downloaded to your server, which means it's *your* bandwidth being used to show the videos.

As for ads, that's a custom player they have by the looks of it. Same deal - you want ads, I'm fairly sure you'll have to be serving the content yourself.

darubillah

so in short both thing are not possible in any way right??

Nao 尚

1. No. (a) I don't see the interest, (b) although it's technically possible to do it for YouTube in Aeva Media (not in earlier Aeva versions), it would be very long and hard to implement for all sites (basically, I'd need to get a FLV/MP4 link for each and every site, meaning I'd have to check every site to see if they're visible, or worse, I'd have to reverse-engineer their systems), (c) did I already said no? Oh then, there's no need for a (c).

2. See 1.

darubillah

lolz

thanks by the ways

you are doing a great Job

Thank you

Advertisement: