General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Oskarlover

What option is it?

I got it!

petesky

@Nao - may this helps for the stack overflow ?!

[2009-12-28 14:42:50] PHP5ISAPI.DLL: GetServerVariable 'REQUEST_URI' returned: /index.php?action=admin;area=aeva_about;....
[2009-12-28 14:42:50] PHP5ISAPI.DLL: GetServerVariable 'URL' returned: /index.php
[2009-12-28 14:42:50] PHP5ISAPI.DLL: GetServerVariable 'SCRIPT_NAME' returned: /index.php
[2009-12-28 14:42:50] PHP5ISAPI.DLL: GetServerVariable 'PATH_INFO' returned:
[2009-12-28 14:42:50] PHP5ISAPI.DLL: ServerFunc()  HSE_REQ_MAP_URL_TO_PATH_EX '/'
[2009-12-28 14:42:50] PHP5ISAPI.DLL: GetServerVariable 'HTTP_AUTHORIZATION' returned:
[2009-12-28 14:42:50] PHP5ISAPI.DLL: ServerFunc()  HSE_REQ_SEND_RESPONSE_HEADER_EX '500 Internal Server Error'
[2009-12-28 14:42:50] PHP5ISAPI.DLL: WriteClient(36 bytes) PHP has encountered a Stack overflow

Nao 尚

I don't know... I know it's due to an Error 500, but I don't know what causes it. If it can be reproduced, then I need to see it in action or I'll never be able to fix it. (As it works on my rig...)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

petesky

petesky

When i comment out this in aeva-admin.php it works so far so maybe this can reduce the possibilities ?!

// $readme = @file_get_contents($boarddir . '/Themes/default/aeva/readme.txt');

...it works so far. OK - aeva_utf2entities seems to have the problem ....investigating....

I can reduce it until here :

//$is_utf = $do == 2 ? false : aeva_is_utf8($source);

Hmm seems to be something wrong exactly here:

function aeva_is_utf8(&$string)
{
return preg_match('/^(?:[\x09\x0A\x0D\x20-\x7E]|[\xC2-\xDF][\x80-\xBF]|\xE0[\xA0-\xBF][\x80-\xBF]|[\xE1-\xEC\xEE\xEF][\x80-\xBF]{2}|\xED[\x80-\x9F][\x80-\xBF]|\xF0[\x90-\xBF][\x80-\xBF]{2}|[\xF1-\xF3][\x80-\xBF]{3}|\xF4[\x80-\x8F][\x80-\xBF]{2})*$/', $string);
}

Nao 尚

Hmm... Interesting.
Are you getting errors in your log at all, if you disable the preg_match line?
Try to simply replace it with:

return true;

The problem is that this line of code is necessary to determine whether a string is in UTF8 format or not... Never heard of any problems with it. :-/ It's a super-optimized version. I thought preg_match would stop at the first match and no longer use the stack... Anyway... I'll have to think about it.

petesky

No errors if i return true; :-)

Btw. i have 5.2.12 maybe a bug over there ?

Nao 尚

No, it's just that different servers have different stack lengths for regular expression purposes... From what I gathered, there's no way to prevent a large text from breaking a regex, even when optimizing the regx (using greedy modifiers for instance), it will only make the limit higher.
But from what I can see, the UTF converter doesn't need to run is_utf8 because I know that the file is UTF8 in the first place... So I should simply need to bypass the tests. Or, hmm... I don't know, maybe I should just do it in ISO-8859-1 and use entities where needed. Yeah, I'll probably do that... It doesn't look as cool, but at least it'll work. As long as I stay in English...

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

OK, now I'm stumped, I've discovered ONE message where the embedded video player shows up normally on one of my locally stored Windows Media files (.wmv's)... why would it work as expected for one file and not the others? I've checked and double checked the filenames and extensions and the links in the messages are structured exactly the same...

Here's the one message that seems to work, can someone else verify this for me please?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

roomeat

One question...
If I upgrade from SMF Media Gallery to Aeva Media.. What happens to the existing albums??
We were not given dreams, without also being given the power to achieve them.

Nao 尚

@roomeat> General albums will become featured user albums (the new terminology). You will simply need to make sure all your membergroups have write access to them. It doesn't take long to understand the new system and agree that it's more logical flexible. :)
Be aware you won't be able to come back to SMG (there's no downgrading script.)

@bperry> Can you show a link that won't embed?

@petesky> The mb-detect-encoding page is where I originally found inspiration for my regex. It's mentioned in the comments, I simply put it in a single line and removed the pattern modifiers. Unfortunately, the comment mentioning a 'faster' regex is not true. According to my tests, at least, it may return 'utf' when it actually is shift-jis, etc. It simply works for purely ASCII text.
I also tried the longer function with no regexp -- it gives me the same results as the current one, AND it's faster, a bit oddly (although it's not THAT surprising -- PHP is very fast at executing purely logical mathematical analysis.) BUT, it should be said, if no accents are found in a file, it will return 'utf'... Meaning it's valid utf. (It will only find NON-utf characters, if you see what I mean.) I don't like the idea much...

Unfortunately, I tried using mb_detect_encoding() but it basically sucks. If I feed it a UTF text and ask to choose between ISO and UTF, it always returns ISO to me... Whatever the order I ask them in. Pfff.

Anyway: I don't think there's an easy way to do it for now. So I've changed the conversion routine so that it adds an extra parameter to disable the string scan. In the case of the aeva_about admin section, I *know* the text file is in UTF8 format, so I can now force AM to simply convert the UTF characters to entities in case we're not in UTF mode. (I'll probably simply return to a purely non-UTF format later. I don't know.)

BIG HEADACHE. And my girlfriend is not happy I'm staying so late :P

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

blokey

installed today and error log shows this

Forum-Designer
    Today at 02:24:02 AM
3b86e76aa71216e6038c4517bbeab8c1
Type of error: Critical 
http://----------------------index.php?action=media;area=mya;sa=add

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: filesize
Function: aeva_db_insertFile: /-----------/public_html/=====Sources/Aeva-Subs-Vital.php
Line: 226 
SMF Version 2.0 RC2     Server Info Apache version 2.0.63 PHP version 5.2.9 MySQL version 5.0.81-community Architecture x86_64 Operating system Linux

Sakurachan

New Error..

Duplicate column name 'aeva_items'
File: /home/hmuniver/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/db_aeva.php
Line: 1022

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.11, while your database is at version 1.1.9. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

What's this mean and how do I fix it?

petesky

@Nao - good night and thx to your girlfriend understanding this hobby  ;D

Btw. i found this working regex (and where else is it used to see if it works as expected ?):

function detectUTF8($string)
{
    return preg_match('%(?:
        [\xC2-\xDF][\x80-\xBF]             # non-overlong 2-byte
        |\xE0[\xA0-\xBF][\x80-\xBF]        # excluding overlongs
        |[\xE1-\xEC\xEE\xEF][\x80-\xBF]{2} # straight 3-byte
        |\xED[\x80-\x9F][\x80-\xBF]        # excluding surrogates
        |\xF0[\x90-\xBF][\x80-\xBF]{2}     # planes 1-3
        |[\xF1-\xF3][\x80-\xBF]{3}         # planes 4-15
        |\xF4[\x80-\x8F][\x80-\xBF]{2}     # plane 16
        )+%xs',
    $string);
}

Ammoratti

I've only recently begun installing mods on my forum, so i hope someone can clear something up for me about uninstalling mods:

Mods such as this one relies on the creation of new tables on a database.  Will uninstalling a mod remove those database alterations?  If not, can this be a problem?

Arantor

What version are you using?

On 1.1 mods don't generally remove their tables and so on. On SMF 2.0, mods usually give the forum admin the option to remove the data.

It isn't usually a problem if the alterations are left in place, though.

Advertisement: