General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indy74

Thanks for the new version. I have just updated.

But i have two bugs/problems:

1. Now there is no "uninstall" option in package list - only "list files"and "delete"
2. In google chrome there is a visual anomaly when embedding videos form any site(see attached image).

Arantor

The Chrome bug you're encountering is a known issue with Chrome + RC2 generally, and should have been fixed already in RC3 (though, also, the latest Chrome 4 betas should fix it too)

Nao 尚

Ah, well, that's at least something Alpha 2 fixed for someone.... ;D
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Nao 尚

Happy new year everyone.

@clothathump> Did you have SMG installed before you installed Alpha 2? If yes, I think I know what happened... I just fixed an error in db_aeva.php where an extra Default permission was being added during the first table renaming process (mgallery -> aeva). This was due to the script checking to see if the aeva_perms table existed in the table list, while it still contains the old style table names. Since the mgallery_perms table was renamed prior to this, the aeva_perms table does exist, but the info it's based on is outdated by a millisecond. Oops.
I shall find a solution to automatically delete the extra profile next time. Basically, delete all profiles named 'Default' that are not in use. In order to do this, I will need a dump of some tables: aeva_perms, aeva_variables and aeva_albums. Who's willing to send these to me? I just need the table contents, not the structure. Just do a SQL dump, zip it (or them), and post them here (if it's just a test gallery), or send a link to me by PM (if it's a live server with sensitive data). Thanks.

Re: 7.0.705, this is because you need to update the version check manually. Just click the "Check now" link next to the version number warning... ;)

@petesky> I've thought it over, and there's really no reason there should be 3 profiles... Unless there were already 2 in SMG! Dumps, please!

@Indy74>
1. Hmm... I already saw this once on my server. I can't seem to remember what caused it... Maybe the package was simply deleted from the packages folder, or something?
2. See Arantor's post ;)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Indy74

Happy new year guys!

@Arantor: Thanks. I wasn't aware of that bug. Still - i prefer chrome over IE ;)

@Nao: Nope, i haven't deleted anything. I had uninstalled previous version, then installed the new one. No errors or problems. Just that. Now i wonder how to remove it and repeat with a clean install?

Thanks.

Arantor

Indy74: So do I :)

But as I say it should have been fixed for RC3.

Nao 尚

Indy, is the AM package in your Packages folder?
Is it unzipped to a subfolder, or zipped?
What exact version of SMF are you using?
If it's 2.0 Beta something, it may be the reason why. (I removed support for early betas, but it was back in AM Alpha 1...)

Indy74

Quote from: Naolington on January 01, 2010, 08:55:00 AM
Indy, is the AM package in your Packages folder?
Is it unzipped to a subfolder, or zipped?
What exact version of SMF are you using?
If it's 2.0 Beta something, it may be the reason why. (I removed support for early betas, but it was back in AM Alpha 1...)

Just looked - there are two Aeva zips: Aeva_Media_1.0_Alpha_prerelease.zip and Aeva_Media_1.0_Alpha_2.zip. Which is strange, because i uninstalled previous one!
No unzipped mods at all in packages folder.

Soms

QuoteDatabase Error
Table 'eng_aeva_albums' already exists
File: /mnt/web4/21/50/51458650/htdocs/Packages/temp/db_aeva.php
Line: 772

Nao, I can't get past this error. I have uninstalled previous Aeva and SMG versions. I think it is logical that the table 'eng_aeva_albums' would already exist in the database. It must have been previously created by Aeva. I really want to test Aeva Media but so far, not a bit of luck.  :(

Nao 尚

@Indy,
You still didn't tell me what version of SMF you're using.
Also, remove the prerelease file manually from your folder. As for Alpha 2, redownload it from your FTP folder and make sure it contains the package-info.xml file. If it does, make sure it's the same as the file I provide on the official mod site.

@Soms,
Line 772 only executes if: eng_mgallery_albums is found, and eng_aeva_albums is not found (in your database table list). Check out phpmyadmin and tell me what *mgallery* tables and what *aeva* tables are there.

Soms

Quote from: Naolington on January 01, 2010, 10:07:28 AM
@Soms,
Line 772 only executes if: eng_mgallery_albums is found, and eng_aeva_albums is not found (in your database table list). Check out phpmyadmin and tell me what *mgallery* tables and what *aeva* tables are there.
There you go!

eng_mgallery_albums
  eng_mgallery_comments
  eng_mgallery_fields
  eng_mgallery_field_data
  eng_mgallery_files
  eng_mgallery_log_media
  eng_mgallery_log_ratings
  eng_mgallery_media
  eng_mgallery_perms
  eng_mgallery_quotas
  eng_mgallery_settings
  eng_mgallery_variables

eng_aeva_albums
  eng_aeva_comments

Indy74

Quote from: Naolington on January 01, 2010, 10:07:28 AM
@Indy,
You still didn't tell me what version of SMF you're using.
Also, remove the prerelease file manually from your folder. As for Alpha 2, redownload it from your FTP folder and make sure it contains the package-info.xml file. If it does, make sure it's the same as the file I provide on the official mod site.

Thanks, now it's ok. I guess the problem was in uninstalling of the first alpha.
My SMF is 2.0 RC2.

Nao 尚

@Soms -- are your aeva_* tables empty or filled? Are your mgallery_albums and aeva_comments tables empty or filled?
I guess the script failed during the upgrade. I don't see any reason for that. Nevertheless, I'll add an extra step to ensure I don't try renaming a table when the target already exists. I only did the check for one table (the media one).

@Indy> What did you do to make it OK? (In case someone else has the issue...)

@Everyone else> Everything okay? Not much feedback so far for Alpha 2...

Soms

Quote from: Naolington on January 01, 2010, 01:46:18 PM
@Soms -- are your aeva_* tables empty or filled? Are your mgallery_albums and aeva_comments tables empty or filled?
I guess the script failed during the upgrade. I don't see any reason for that. Nevertheless, I'll add an extra step to ensure I don't try renaming a table when the target already exists. I only did the check for one table (the media one).

Both are filled as far as I can tell. Is your advice for me to wait until you implement the changes you suggested above?

Indy74

Quote from: Naolington on January 01, 2010, 01:46:18 PM
@Indy> What did you do to make it OK? (In case someone else has the issue...)

Well, i deleted the previous version zip file(very first alpha) from the package folder via ftp as you suggested. And that's all - everything went back to normal in SMF packages page. I'm guessing that the problem was somewhere during the uninstalling process of the first alpha. May be a little note for people to check their packages folder for any previous version leftovers should do.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Soms on January 01, 2010, 02:16:26 PM
Both are filled as far as I can tell.
Strangest thing.
One has to be the 'actual' contents, and the other has only a subset of it, or some basic data I'd say...

QuoteIs your advice for me to wait until you implement the changes you suggested above?
My best bet would be to completely delete all aeva tables and reinstall AM.

neotan

Quote from: Diamond Isle on December 15, 2009, 06:00:11 AM
Hi,
     I wonder if anyone can help me, i have just installed the latest version of avea, everything went smoothly with no problems that i could see to start with. Trouble is i now have 3 of every video showing in my forum. I uninstalled avea and re - installed it and its still the same.
now with avea un - installed when i go into my admin  and click on "features & Options " in configuration this is what comes up on my screen.....

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifyaevasettings() (previously declared in E:\domains\c\craftymusic.org.uk\user\HTDOCS\FORUM\Sources\ModSettings.php:375) in E:\domains\c\craftymusic.org.uk\user\HTDOCS\FORUM\Sources\ModSettings.php on line 388

Please help as i want to get my forum and videos back to the way they were.

I got the same problem . I  reviewed ModSettings.php and realized there were double entries of AEVA codes in it. Just remove them and insert the latest ones from AEVA 7.0.706

Phizinza

I need some help, my "Media" menu button for AEVA alpha 2.0 doesn't look or sit right. Its orange instead of yellow. As can be seen here http://offroadingsubarus.com/forum/index.php
Any idea how to solve this?
I can't figure out what I've done wrong.
Thanks!

Phizinza

When giving permissions to users to be able to add to their albums it appears the permission (Moderate Gallery) that allows this also allows them to add to any album. Is there a way to only allow users to upload and modify their albums and not all albums?

clothahump

Quote@petesky> I've thought it over, and there's really no reason there should be 3 profiles... Unless there were already 2 in SMG! Dumps, please!
I think it was a poor attempt at Humour Nao.

Be easier to let you have access via cpanel, if this is OK let me know.

Advertisement: