General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Mac

I'm still on SMF 1.1.11 ... Do I want 1.1b or 1.3? 1.2 didn't work for me. Thanx!

tyhgdgh

Hello, I'm currently on SMF 1.1.11, Upgrading AEVA Media 1.2 to 1.3...

but I'm getting an Issue...

DataBase Error
Duplicate entry '12-aeva_access' for key 1
File: x/x/x/vgrecordist/forum/Packages/temp/db_aeva.php
Line: 841

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.11, while your database is at version 1.1.8. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I've searched for some time for "Upgrade.php" But had no luck...

phantom5

Cutter65

Quote from: Nao on June 05, 2010, 02:45:15 AM
I can't bother to read this thread right now.

Just a quick note. YOU DON'T HAVE TO REINSTALL AEVA MEDIA IF YOU WANT TO UPGRADE FROM V1.1.
YOU JUST NEED TO OVERWRTEI ALL OF THE SOURCES AND THEME FILES WITH THE ONES IN THE 1.2 PACKAGE.

I think. :P

Nao will this work to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 also?

Thanks!
Cutter

Nao 尚

Yes. Unless you're planning to support Google Maps, in which case you need to do the proper uninstall & reinstall procedure.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Cutter65

Thank you for the info!  ;D

Aeva Media is awesome!  ;D

Cutter

tyhgdgh

Quote from: phantom5 on June 26, 2010, 08:13:37 AM
Nintendo, http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-11_upgrade.zip
unzip it and you will see the file you are looking for

Sea Mac, go with 1.3.. newer is better

Thank you, I upgraded the Database, but it still gets:

Duplicate entry '12-aeva_access' for key 1
File: /home/content/m/a/r/marcusdewan/html/vgrecordist/forum/Packages/temp/db_aeva.php
Line: 841

Sea Mac

I upgraded three SMF 1.1.11 forums to Aeva 1.3 – and the Video Embedding is working again.

Thank You!

Sea Mac

After I installed Aeva 1.3 I enabled Google Map support and tested it.

It works fine here in America. Thank You!

mark7144

Quote from: Nao on June 25, 2010, 09:37:45 AM
No...
It's just like 'Flash' or 'WMP', etc... It just indicates what plugin to use. Well, 'html' means "Don't use a plugin -- everything is in the pattern". This makes it possible to make a "passthrough" for your own whitelisted HTML embeds -- ie if you want to accept anything within a specific site, you take the embed code they provide, you copy it in a loose manner (many .* regex), and you reproduce the same thing in the 'movie' code. Done.
Ah right... although you have to admit, I just came up with an idea for a pretty cool feature or seperate mod...

~DS~

Quote from: Sea Mac on June 26, 2010, 04:05:03 PM
After I installed Aeva 1.3 I enabled Google Map support and tested it.

It works fine here in America. Thank You!
Ummm...I couldn't get mine to embed maps...
That was the code I was using:
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=30.251357,-97.791023&amp;spn=0.148878,0.308304&amp;z=12&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=30.251357,-97.791023&amp;spn=0.148878,0.308304&amp;z=12&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Sea Mac

I used a link like this: http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=california+adventure&fb=1&gl=us&hq=california+adventure&hnear=california+adventure&cid=0,0,5925288845468212033&ei=iX8mTPywAsb_nQfZu8S8Bg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQnwIwAA
Like This:
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=california+adventure&fb=1&gl=us&hq=california+adventure&hnear=california+adventure&cid=0,0,5925288845468212033&ei=iX8mTPywAsb_nQfZu8S8Bg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQnwIwAA

To indicate Where you could find this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5CP7slwv64

And the World of Color Video appears under a map of where it is located. You just need to use the URL located in the src= parameter. In the example you posted that would just be the http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=30.251357,-97.791023&amp;spn=0.148878,0.308304&amp;z=12&amp;output=embed part of it.

Edit:  (Huh. That link doesn't work. The way I get my links is to type the Address into Google and right click on the map displayed. Choose "Copy Link Location".)

Also: be sure to enable Google Maps in your Site list (It is off by default).

VERY Useful! Nao: you're a Genius!

Nao 尚

@Dismal> How did you generate that code? It doesn't have the '/maps?' in the URL, unlike all URLs I found so far.

@mark> What feature are you talking about..?

@Sea Mac> No, you can't say that. Otherwise I'd be an official SMF developer, wouldn't I? It's not like I never said I wanted the job... <cough>
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

pigx5

I don't have other AEva Media or anything.
After I installed Aeva Media 1.3, my forum become all white.
I can't login and I can't do anything now.
Anyone can help me to save my fourm?
pigx5.com/1KHOMEWORK/forum/

thanks

--
update:
After I uninstall Aeva Media 1.3 manually, everything is fine now.
I still don't know what happened....

phantom5

DEEPSNUYB, I have the same problem with SMG permissions in 1.1.8 and it was still like that in 1.1.11 and luckily I kinda know which is which because in another installation I have it shows up and I have no idea why it didn't work on the first one. I can't say what to change to fix it but try switching to the default theme and change your settings there and then switch back.

pigx5, there is nothing there so there is no way to know whats wrong.. check your error log

Kindred

DEEPSNUYB, phantom5

I am taking bets that you are not running your forum in english, but rather have "english utf-8" (which is different)

Don't copy the language file into your custom theme, otherwise you will have problems with every other mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

if that is actually the case, then you incorrectly added the text strings...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chep

I don't know what the problem is but for whatever reason when I click a checkbox to add another site like google maps or even something like scribd or last.fm the change does not seem to take place. The behavior is as such.

I click to add one of those three sites above and hit submit.
Then it appears to submit.
I navigate to a link like configuraition.
Then back to site list and none of my selections from earlier appear to be checked.

MedRed

Quote from: MedRed on June 12, 2010, 01:33:27 PM
This mod is working for me... but after I installed it, some pictures in [ img ] [ /img ] tags don't show up. I just end up with a blank post/

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm specifically trying to get this to show up

It worked before I added this mod, but now it doesn't. I just get a blank post. Other png's and images seem to work.

Can someone please answer this question for me?

Nao 尚

@chep> Dunno. Check your Aeva-Sites.php file and see if it's up to date.

@MedRed> I don't see why this should cause a problem?

Advertisement: