News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TradeZone.fr

Hello @ all smf community

i can't upload with this mod : i'm bridged with pragmamx portal.

the error is (in french) :

Une erreur s'est produite !
Vous n'avez pas spécifié de fichier à envoyer. Ou peut-être avez-vous essayé d'envoyer un fichier trop imposant pour le serveur ?

i suppose in english it's : an error as occured, you don't specify any file to upload. Or you try to send a file to big for server.

Others user of Pragmamx portal have the same problem than me. A topic is open on our forum on this subjet but we don't found any answer. http://www.pragmamx.fr/Forum-topic-3022.html

We are verify, it's not a configuration error of the mod.

Please help us

Thanks for your support

Regards

Kindred

if this is a problem onl with users of that portal and is not an error in the mod, I am not sure what you want us to do with it....   it sounds like a problem with the portal and therefore a problem that the portal support should be helping with...
Can yo install any other mods?

I'd suggest uninstalling the portal, installing the mod and then re-installing the portal.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TradeZone.fr

Yes, i can install mods for 1.11 with no problems (just template modifications).
I can't uninstall all because my website is online.
hope we will found a solution

Angelina Belle

You might consider setting up a test forum for testing, using a clone of your SMF database download.
That way you can try all kinds of debugging, including trying again without Pragmamx installed.

Tehre could be some kind of javascript problem.  If you have IE8, or firefox with firebug, you have debugging tools available to figure out what's the difference with/without the portal installed.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

tazgal

I uninstalled Aeva Media & SMF Gallery Lite.  Then, I installed Aeva Media 2.02.  It said it installed successfully. However, the gallery tab is left behind.  When I click on it, I receive this error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/users/web/bxxxx/xxxx/smf/Sources/Gallery.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.12/lib/php') in /hermes/web01/bxxxx/xxxx/smf/index.php on line 413

Where did I go wrong?  I am using the core theme, as the Invasion, Enterprise themes do not show the gallery button at all.  I'm using SMF 1.1.11.

The new Aeva Media has an upload area. When you click on the upload link, about one screen length is blank in the middle.  Then when you upload a file it does not upload.  Is SMF Lite causing this problem?

LHW

@tazgal: I responded to your post at Noisen.  Hope it helps.

Kindred

Actually, I suspect that your "Gallery Lite" did not get completely uninstalled... In which case, not being an aeva issue, Noisen is unlikely to be of any help.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kibtwane

I made the mistake of unzipping the file and uploading all of the folders and files onto my forum.  I didn't know at the time that there was a package manager in the admin panel that could do this for me.  Anyway, after trying unsuccessfully to install the program, I learned about the package manager and used that to upload and install the program, which works beautifully; you've done an excellent job.  Do I have to delete any of the files I uploaded manually or have they been overwritten?

contoh

Storman™

Re: Version 1.3a

Everything seems to have installed ok but I have an issue uploading images.

I can create Albums ok but no images appear when I upload. After uploading, the Image details are all displayed and there's a place holder for it, but no actual image. The image file size size is 0 (zero) I've checked folders permissions and made sure they are 777 but still no joy  :(

This is in the error log:

http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?action=media;sa=post;album=2
2: filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/mgal_data/tmp/14_6_20.gif
File: /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/Sources/Aeva-Media.php
Line: 634

As I've not actually uploading an image yet can someone tell me into what folder uploaded images are sent ?

Any ideas  :D

str00py

Quote from: YogiBear on September 11, 2010, 07:24:59 AM
str00py, I was wrong. The instructions from Nao are...

"Actually, the bbcode for this is [noembed]. And the easiest way to prevent embedding is to add a space before the link, or put it inside a sentence at any rate. (And make sure "Embed in sentences" is enabled in the admin area.)"

Thanks YogiBear, the tip you gave to prevent embedding by added a space before the link gave me a great idea.
I went to Admin Panel --> Manage Posts and Topics --> Censored Words

There I censored [url=http://
to
(space)[url=http://
Now whenever people post a video it just works as a link, and links only become videos in the gallery. :)

Storman™

QuoteEverything seems to have installed ok but I have an issue uploading images.

No worries, all sorted now  :)

johny000

hello  ineed help when i post the  link i'm geting  the url as Title how can fix it here is the deme pic so you know what i'm talking about
i'm using v1.4

Tiribulus

Suppose I had a whole bunch of videos hosted on a separate web server (mine, as in in my house) and linked using AEVA Media (maybe I should ask him). Are the paths in the database or in a file where I could copy the docroot from that other server into a folder on my SMF server, which is also mine and then do a search and replace somewhere to change the paths to the new location? Am I making sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Oya

Quote from: siyaheksen on September 18, 2010, 05:25:53 PM
Thanks Neo.

2.02 download link?

2.02 is paid u have to pay on teh noisen site then its on there somewhere

Soms

Quote from: Storman on September 18, 2010, 01:38:47 PM
QuoteEverything seems to have installed ok but I have an issue uploading images.

No worries, all sorted now  :)

Would you mind telling us how? It might help other people in the future  ;)

jadyason

Hi,
I am looking into an issue for a friends SMF 1.1.11
They attempted to upgrade from version 1.1 to version 1.4 ( Aeva Media 1.4 - and yes they uninstalled the old version first) which failed with the following error:
Duplicate entry '10-aeva_access' for key 1
File: /home/aussies/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/db_aeva.php

Worse still, we can't seem to re-install the old version as it throws the same error!

Does anyone have any idea where to start with fixing this?

Thanks,

jadyason

MrPhil

My best guess would be that Aeva adds some database entries upon installation, and for whatever reason you didn't remove the old ones first. I don't use Aeva, so I can't tell you for sure, but did they offer an upgrade path (that doesn't insert new database records), or only an install path? If only a fresh install, did you miss instructions for clearing the old install out of the database?

You could look in the Aeva installation code for SQL instructions, likely involving 10 and aeva_access (among others), and after removing the old installation, use phpMyAdmin to manually clean those records out of the database before attempting a new installation. You may have several copies now, due to several installation/upgrade attempts. And as always, back up your database before doing any manual operations!

Storman™

QuoteWould you mind telling us how? It might help other people in the future

As this was on a fresh install of SMF I quite simply started again as the whole installation was becoming a mess and I started to lose track of it.

One major point to note is that during install Aeva needs to modify code in the Subs.php file (in the area below):

'mlist' => array(

There are quite a few other mods that attempt to do the same thing in the same area (SMF Articles and Adk Blog for example). Consequently, I manually installed the code this time as it was "clashing" big time. Trying to uninstall and then install again just made it worse. It needed removing completely.

All seems to be ok now.

Hope that helps  ;)

Advertisement: