News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Location Mod

Started by Gobalopper, November 19, 2004, 01:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1948Pal

Quote from: Gobalopper on January 13, 2005, 06:36:11 PM
Ok new version is now out. It should work with 1.0 and 1.0.1. It now comes in three packages.

The base install which is required has just the member map functionality and only the map of the world.

The additional maps package includes all the regular and extra maps released so far. Currently found in the second post of this thread as it is too big for the mod site.

The who flags package is the who's online ip lookup part from the previous version.

New additions are the text now being separated from the html for easier translation. A new image for the menu bar at the top. An admin console for turning off maps or renaming them. And also some other minor code tweaks.

Please let me know of any bugs. Thanks!
Yeah, great. Thank you I'll go try now. :D
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

Gobalopper

If you have the old version you should run the upgrade. The full install should only be done if the files are fresh.

If you have the old database tables the only one that needs to change is smf_mm_maps. You can drop that table or run the upgrade on it.

I will look into the map pulldown problem, I think I know the reason.

Gobalopper

Ok the download now contains a newer MemberMap.php that should fix the map dropdown not changing problem. If you've already installed 1.1 just take that file and replace it with the old one.

Let me know if it fixes the problem.

Also don't forget about the javascript caching problems that have been mentioned many times before. Until your cache gets the updated version the pin placement likely won't work.

Ravey76

Hello Gobalopper,

I tried to install the new version (old one is still up in my forum), but I get an error message:

2: mkdir(): Unable to access /mnt/ja1/01/142/00000000/htdocs/forum/Packages/temp/flags/
Datei: /mnt/ja1/01/142/00000000/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Zeile: 413

All folders have been chmodded to 777 ... why this error message?

And:

where can I get this "upgrade" for already installed location-mods you mentioned?

Thanks a lot,
Ravey

[Unknown]

The mod site now accepts 4 meg files, Gobalopper ;).

-[Unknown]

number6

Thanks a bunch Gobalopper! The new packages installed just fine without any problems for me.

casper_shadowrider

I had been waiting for this, thank you.

I had not previously installed this mod, and the install of all 3 parts went fine, on a 1.0 install, using the package manager.

I had the cache problem, but once I cleared it, it all works great.   Top mod.
Make god laugh, tell him your plans

Gobalopper

Just a note to those of you who had the old version the only database change can be upgraded by running this query:
ALTER TABLE smf_mm_maps ADD COLUMN visible TINYINT(1) NOT NULL default '1'

If you are going to install this mod and not the upgrade be sure to have the original source files.

Ravey76, I'm not sure of the cause of that error... do you have any of the files from the first version still installed?

zillion

Okilly Dokilly...

Ran your Alter Table query using  "MySQL Front" then deleted & reinstalled the packages.
We're away at last!  Thanks very much for your efforts!  Very much appreciated.

NB: Somewhere along the line I managed to clear the XXX_mm_pins table.  Good job I could use MySQLFront to replace the data from the back-up!

Roger

Still have the problem of only the worl map showing up in the drop down menu...

zillion

Spoke too soon!  Maps work fine, but Forum doesn't.  If I try to open a Topic I get:
Not unique table/alias: 'pin'
File: /files/home2/zillion/familynews/Sources/Load.php
Line: 480

This other Topic refers, but I haven't yet made any sense out of it!:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=21035.msg168036#msg168036

Gobalopper

Roger, you have to install the additional maps package to get the other maps now.

zillion, can you post the previous and next 20 lines from your Load.php around line 480? There should be a query there. Most likely it got duplicated when you installed the new version over the old.

zillion

Too late! After reading carefully through the previous posts, I've already deleted the Chat Mod and uploaded a new Load.php file.  The Location Mod still seems to be working, and I can now view ordinary topics normally.  Obviously there is some sort of clash with the Chat Mod; but I can live without the Chat Room!

Roger

Thanks for the info Globalopper.  Will try that!

ディン1031

I've a lot of errors because the $profile['country'] and $profile['name'] are empty (or undefine) in the load.php. I put this in the code and add a new record in the 'location_country' and uplaod a picture 00.png.

(Line 405)
         if (empty($profile['country'])) { $profile['country'] = '00'; }
if (empty($profile['name'])) { $profile['name'] = 'Unkown'; }

The other way is to use one of the standard flags. :)

(Line 405)
if (empty($profile['country'])) { $profile['country'] = 'de'; }
if (empty($profile['name'])) { $profile['name'] = 'Germany'; }

But i'm sure there is also another way to clear this error. But this was the quickest way to clear it ;)
(And the sideeffect each user have a standard flag.)

Use the Replacement from Reply #167 is the better version with no sideeffects ;).
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

Roger

The additional maps download link gives me an empty file on download completion.  Is there a working link?

Thanks,
Roger

Gobalopper

Not sure why that would happen din1031, it should just be an empty value not undefined...

Roger maybe try again, it worked for me.

Roger

The link works with IE but not in Firefox for some reason.... weird...

The mod works now!

http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/

Thanks!

Roger

Ravey76

Hello Gobalopper,

I really dont know why this error message appears.

Okay, I tried to install this mod by hand. Followed all instructions of install.xml
MemberMap is now working again, all users are still present, but their pins are all on the right side of the screen, like pearls on a chain ...

Please have a look:
http://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/forum/index.php?action=mm

How can I fix this?

Thanks a lot,
Ravey

Roger

Ravey, clear your cache.  That did the trick for me.

Roger

Advertisement: