News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Location Mod

Started by Gobalopper, November 19, 2004, 01:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobalopper

Well the next version will use language files like the rest of SMF. For now just wait and I will let you know when I have a language file you can translate.

edi67

sorry gobalopper i installed mod but return me back one error FAILED in who.template.php you can write me which modify i must add to this file for install them ?
thx

and one problem if i want see my pm forum return me back this error:

Not unique table/alias: 'pin'
File: /home/forumzo7/public_html/Sources/Load.php
Linea: 532
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Midgard

is perfect...  8)

regards

Bushwaiter

Hi,

i'm pretty new to this . I've one question i can't find aswered.

- How can I add a button in the top-menu with the appropriate link?

Can someone help me out?

gr.

Bushwaiter
International Vulcan Forum: http://vulcanriders.net

oscar2001

Quote from: edi67 on December 02, 2004, 09:14:51 AM
sorry gobalopper i installed mod but return me back one error FAILED in who.template.php you can write me which modify i must add to this file for install them ?
thx

and one problem if i want see my pm forum return me back this error:

Not unique table/alias: 'pin'
File: /home/forumzo7/public_html/Sources/Load.php
Linea: 532

I just had a look at your forum and see you also have the chat mod installed....
My map was working perfectly untill I installed the chat mod,, very puzzling.
I ended up having to load a default load.pho file to get my forum working again..
I cant get the chat mod to uninstall via the package manager so its still there but now all I get is a page cannot be found after uninstalling and re-installing the map mod..

oscar2001

Quote from: Bushwaiter on December 10, 2004, 12:02:15 PM
Hi,

i'm pretty new to this . I've one question i can't find aswered.

- How can I add a button in the top-menu with the appropriate link?

Can someone help me out?

gr.

Bushwaiter
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=7854.msg75035#msg75035

That should steer you in the right direction if you havent already found it..

Just adding my previous post.
I ended up having to uninstall the map mod manually as even though the package manager said it was uninstalled infact most of the modifications were still there... I then re-installed it via the package manager and for some reason it stopped responding (page just sat there, no hour glass) so I left it for a while just incase and came back to a still no responding page. However when I clicked browse packages it was shown as installed and works quiet well again. Dunno what exactly happened in the first place after I installed the chat mod and having the map mod go bonkers simular to edi67`s problem  but both mods seem to be working ok now(knocks on wood)
You mod writers do great work :)

Bushwaiter

Thanks a lot!!!!

I did it. It works perfectly. Thanks for this great mod!!!!!!!

Gr.

Bushwaiter
International Vulcan Forum: http://vulcanriders.net

guytoon

Thank you for your great mod.

Could it be possible to have a full map of France ?

Thanks

Gobalopper

Sure I just added it to the listing in the second post.

guytoon

Goosemoose

I installed this mod and it installed without any errors. I did edit the install files to point to my theme dir instead of the default dir. The problem is that I get an error when I go to http://www.goosemoose.com/rfc/index.php?action=mm on line 375 & 377 (don't even exist). The flags also do not appear next to the users (I'm assuming they are supposed to depending on their ip address). I'm missing something but I can't figure out what it is. If you see it please let me know.

oscar2001

Dunno if its any help but I found that simply adding the map button on optional templates works well without having to edit any files for it to work with non default templates(welll other than the index.template.php for the buttons wiith each theme) Maybe if you uninstall and re-install it without editing the install files.

Gobalopper

I'm guessing that changing where things got installed to messed something up. In the page source do you get the html code and it just doesn't find the image on your server?

Goosemoose

Nope, that within the posts. And the map itself isn't working, I get an error. I went through and looked at every file manually and they look fine. Not sure what's up, guess I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Goosemoose

Okay I uninstalled it, and reinstalled without editing the mod. Now the map works, and if I switch to the default profile I can see the flag that corresponds to where I clicked. I don't see flags appearing based on IP address though, am I missing something? I'll go back through now and try to edit the other themes to get them to see flags in posts as well. Am I going to have to copy the flags and maps to each theme?

Goosemoose

I got it. I installed it to my default theme first. Then removed all of the stuff out of the install.xml and package-mod.xml that referenced things already installed (i.e. in sources dir), and edited it to reflect the theme I wanted it installed to, then installed it as a second mod. Works great and now I can just apply that to each theme.

tytanic11

when trying to install the mod, it says :
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default//images/flags    
2.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default//images/maps    
3.    Extract File    ./Sources/MemberMap.php    
4.    Extract File    ./Themes/default//MemberMap.template.php    
5.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
6.    Execute Code    install.php

what do i do ?

Goosemoose

Did you edit the package, it looks like you are getting two // there and you should only have one.

tytanic11

Quote from: goosemoose on December 19, 2004, 03:33:58 AM
Did you edit the package, it looks like you are getting two // there and you should only have one.
no

ViV

Well a prob here... the mod is installed..I am able to pull the map..even mark my pin and save it..it starts showing my name with the link to my profile... absolutely fine till here... but it doesnt show the flag next to the username in post.. in default theme it does..but not in other themes..what should I do now..any suggestions?

Advertisement: