File: /Sources/Downloads2.php
Line: 3394

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thank you in advance. :)

Sudhakar Arjunan

Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Pho3niX90

hey guys.. could you please help me/ or guide me where to change the following..

I want the POST of the download to show the description, and the URL should show "Link to Download" Kinda like this one on SMF's forum??

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have tried modding the downloads.php file, but no luck, maby im doing something wrong? I am using SMF1.1.6

DeviDarkL

Hey,

I tried to make a mod in the download system so that you could make points (credits) deduction (SMF Shop) for users that were going to download a file. The ones who got the credits were the ones who uploaded the file. But it doesn't work   :'(

Can someone help me do it?

Waiting for a reply and thanks in advance

Sentinel [AF]

Quote from: Pho3niX90 on November 16, 2008, 05:56:42 AM
hey guys.. could you please help me/ or guide me where to change the following..

I want the POST of the download to show the description, and the URL should show "Link to Download" Kinda like this one on SMF's forum??

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have tried modding the downloads.php file, but no luck, maby im doing something wrong? I am using SMF1.1.6

I tried that on Downloads2.php

I changed the link and text it displays to "Link: HERE"

but I couldn't get it to call the description no matter which callback I used.

I might have another look the day and see if I or the other can get it to work for my site.

eZ. - I asked if this was possible a couple weeks back I think, didn't get a reply mind !

Sentinel [AF]

Ok did it finally ...

I was using the wrong bloody syntax whatsit.

Oh well I've added both the 1.1.6 and 2.04beta versions in the .zip file ...

It displays:

Title in Bold

Link: HERE

Description here ...

eZ.

Regashi

hi it dosn't work for me its all installed properlly

the link is http;//blackfire-creations.co.cc/forums/downloads/

but it doesn't work ??

Burke ♞ Knight

1. The link would not be that way. Would be like this:

http://blackfire-creations.co.cc/forums/index.php?action=downloads

2. Seems like x10Hosting suspended your hosting account.

Regashi

headkaze

Thankyou for your Download mod. I am using SimplePortal and would like to create two blocks; "Recent Downloads" and "Most Viewed". Can I please have some help with the code that would accomplish that in a php block?

pooya

i have a question before using this mod.

My server allows only 2mb uplaod through http such as the forums.

Could this mod anyway by pass the limit ?

vbgamer45

No. You would need to edit your php.ini to increase the max post size and upload file size
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Burke ♞ Knight

vbgamer45,

Just noticed possible bug in the Report Download.

Guests still can report, even when permissions are set to no.

pooya

L'AltroWeb

Hi!
I have install this mod on smf 2beta4 (test theme).
All works fine with default theme, dont work with other theme (no menu button).
To fix simple edit (Subs.php):
'title' => $txt['downloads_menu'],to: 'title' => $txt['downloads'],
:)

[SAP]Francis

Hmm. There's a bug.

When you create a new download which is "auto-approved", it doesn't make the description appear in a new topic. But, you can fix this by un-approving the download and re-approving it. There will be another topic with the same name but with the description in it. :)

How can I fix this? :)

Vehicles Forum

Founded By Francis Morissette

Sentinel [AF]

Errr it doesn't post a description in the post.

it prints the files TITLE in bold and 2 lines underneath it prints the actual link to the download in full.

I edited the Download.php for smf 1.x and Download2.php for smf 2.x

My edited files are here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=203471.msg1804503#msg1804503

Or just scroll up.

It says what it does on the post.

eZ.

BrianZ

SMF version: 1.1.7
Downloads System version 1.1.4.1

I installed the mod via the package and I was able to setup cats, etc.

When I add a download and upload it from my PC, it goes through the motions just fine, then I look at the download in the view and it says 0KB for filesize. I then click on it to download and get the following message:

404 - Attachment Not Found

It's like the file should be there and the software thinks it is, but the actual file wasn't uploaded. Are there some folder permissions I'm missing?

The downloads folder and all folders under it are set to 777

Thanks for any help.

EDIT:

I have tested this mod on my forum with a 1 KB file. The same thing happens so it is not a file size issue with the host.

Regashi

BrianZ

Quote from: BrianZ on November 26, 2008, 12:31:21 PM
SMF version: 1.1.7
Downloads System version 1.1.4.1

I installed the mod via the package and I was able to setup cats, etc.

When I add a download and upload it from my PC, it goes through the motions just fine, then I look at the download in the view and it says 0KB for filesize. I then click on it to download and get the following message:

404 - Attachment Not Found

It's like the file should be there and the software thinks it is, but the actual file wasn't uploaded. Are there some folder permissions I'm missing?

The downloads folder and all folders under it are set to 777

Thanks for any help.

EDIT:

I have tested this mod on my forum with a 1 KB file. The same thing happens so it is not a file size issue with the host.

My Downloads System Mod still does not work. I have reinstalled a few times. I just need someone in the know to let me know what I might be missing. I love this mod in theory. I just haven't seen it working yet. :)

Advertisement: