News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKWT

Hey You'll I see there is some pending help here.. but I would like to make a small question...

In the Add Download there is a description box... I would like to know 2 things

1. - Is there a Way I can add the BBC tags in that screen
2. - Can I make that description box any bigger (Wider) like the normal forum or resize to windows size.

If the developer or any other user Has gotten so far I would really appreciate your help

Thanks
FYI
http://www.catrachosgaming.com/index.php?action=downloads
www.catrachosgaming.com
Charlton White
CG Administrador

improv

Any premium version available already?
I really like to see (and buy) a version that allows to upload, edit, and delete images.

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: improv on December 01, 2008, 02:36:02 PM
I really like to see (and buy) a version that allows to upload, edit, and delete images.

Isn't that what a Gallery is for?

vbgamer45

Not yet I would say about a month away.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

BrianZ

Quote from: BrianZ on November 26, 2008, 12:31:21 PM
SMF version: 1.1.7
Downloads System version 1.1.4.1

I installed the mod via the package and I was able to setup cats, etc.

When I add a download and upload it from my PC, it goes through the motions just fine, then I look at the download in the view and it says 0KB for filesize. I then click on it to download and get the following message:

404 - Attachment Not Found

It's like the file should be there and the software thinks it is, but the actual file wasn't uploaded. Are there some folder permissions I'm missing?

The downloads folder and all folders under it are set to 777

Thanks for any help.

EDIT:

I have tested this mod on my forum with a 1 KB file. The same thing happens so it is not a file size issue with the host.

Hey Vbgamer45, I see that you visited the thread here, but you must have missed my post. I'm still unable to get this mod working and I have a feeling it's a quick fix, or maybe the reason why every time someone mentions this problem it's ignored should clue me in to thinking this is actually a serious issue that has no workaround.

Please respond, I am desperate here and I'm trying not to sound whiny. :)

okae

hi all i have installed this great mod to my forum, all works fine but lot of errors appear since i installed it:

8: Use of undefined constant downloads_menu - assumed 'downloads_menu'
Archivo: /home/a2438675/public_html/Themes/default/ManagePermissions.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Línea: 738

Archivo: /home/a2438675/public_html/Themes/default/Login.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)

Archivo: /home/a2438675/public_html/Themes/default/Errors.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)

etc etc... mod works fine all works fine in my forum, but why i have got this errrors?

improv

Quote from: BurkeKnight on December 01, 2008, 02:55:51 PM

Isn't that what a Gallery is for?

A gallery is to show images :)
screenshots for downloads is to show the public/members a fast preview of the uploaded tool/download.

Burke ♞ Knight

However, the way you stated it, looked like you were looking to upload and show images. Did not state then that meant screenshots of the downloads. :P

However, I do agree that it would be nice feature.

Also, another feature I'd like, multiple download boxes, in case you have more than one version of same download. Like for example, I have a download for ThisIsGreat utility. However, I have 2 files, one for PC and one for Mac. Would be nice to be able to have both files for same download on one, instead of making 2 downloads for same utility, just different versions. This way, they see the download, and the choose which file they want for that download.

sonicfetish

Really odd...

Somehow I am no longer able to have a thread automatically created when I add a new download.  Until today I was able to choose a forum to have a thread automatically created that pointed a link back to my new download but I am no longer given that option when I create (add) or edit a download.  Is there a setting that I may be overlooking?

Any thoughts?

vbgamer45

It is setup on a category level. Check that the correct is setup to post to and that it is enabled for each category that you want this to occur on.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tonnybarros

Olá sou do Brasil e tenh dificuldade em usar esse MOD, gostaria de saber se tem como usar o sistema de downloads manda arquivos para outros servidor.

Eu até tentei fazer isso, coloquei o PATH mas apareceu erro de gravação.

Traduzido pelo google:

Hello I am Brazilian and I find it difficult to use this MOD, I wonder if you are using the system downloads send files to other server.

I even tried to do this, put the PATH but appeared error of recording.

http://tectonny.com

sonicfetish

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 03, 2008, 09:10:27 PM
It is setup on a category level. Check that the correct is setup to post to and that it is enabled for each category that you want this to occur on.

Thank you that's it and it's working fine.  I figured out that someone added a download and chose a category that was previously deleted but still shows in the category drop down menu. I changed the category.  But now I wonder how to get rid of the phantom category

Tones

Okay 30 pages to read through and i didnt see maybe a suggestion for it. First up, great mod, i havent had any issues with it at all. Now what it is missing, or maybe i'm missing it, is download logging. Who, what and when. I think this would be extremely useful, especially for the purpose of what i use it for.

Is this something that is going to be added into at a later release? or if someone could point me in the direction of how to create it myself, so i have half a clue, that would be great.

cheers.

vbgamer45

Might be added later. But those logs can get really huge if you allow guests to download.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fyndler

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

CasperVg

I'm having a small issue utilizing this modification.

While the file itself uploads without an issue, it shows an error message directly after uploading, or when I try to view the category that a download has been uploaded under.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 14417920) (tried to allocate 10223599 bytes) in /home/www/itcteam.awardspace.com/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 743

I am using SMF 1.1.7 with PHP 5.2.5.

Any ideas?

vbgamer45

I would check what is going on line 743 of Subs.php and see what code is there

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: