News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Yeah I would make a general support topic about that issue instead. For the downloads to upgrade just uninstall the old version and install the latest version.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

taha116

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has though of someone to blame things on"
I forgot the name
BUY electronic cigarettes with rechargeable batteries as well as flavored refills for cheap prices and only 1-2 dollars of shipping!
http://www.ngcigarettes.com/
~Taha116

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

The_Wii_Nes_Boy

Hi guys

Well I've managed to fix the upload problem, was my php.ini file that was causing thhat problem.

But I still havn't fixed my theme problem

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

The_Wii_Nes_Boy

IE is on the left and FF is on the right, look the menu in FireFox is wonky lol

My index.template file had this code to add the "Download" button to the menu

// Show the [Downloads System] button..
       if ($context['allow_downloads_view'])
       echo '
                       <li', $current_action == 'downloads' ? ' id="active_back"' : 'back', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=downloads">' , $txt['downloads_menu'] , '</a></li>';

After I removed the part that said 'back' it's fixed

echo '
                      <li', $current_action == 'downloads' ? ' id="active_back"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=downloads">' , $txt['downloads_menu'] , '</a></li>';

thanks for all the help and pointers guys.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

The_Wii_Nes_Boy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 30, 2008, 09:45:13 PM
If you post your index.template.php I can fix it.

It is fixed thats what I said above lol

but you can find the index.template attached fell free to have a read throught the coding and see if anything is still wrong with it

vbgamer45

Ah Looks good yeah I just reread your post yeah back part was bad should be

echo '
  <li', $current_action == 'downloads' ? ' id="active"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=downloads">' , $txt['downloads_menu'] , '</a></li>';

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

The_Wii_Nes_Boy

Well I'm all good now and it's running fine on my "test forum" so I'm going to add it to my "public forum"

taha116

Quote from: The_Wii_Nes_Boy on December 30, 2008, 09:57:29 PM
Well I'm all good now and it's running fine on my "test forum" so I'm going to add it to my "public forum"

Ahh a wise idea some of us are too lazy to apply, I should actually do that
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has though of someone to blame things on"
I forgot the name
BUY electronic cigarettes with rechargeable batteries as well as flavored refills for cheap prices and only 1-2 dollars of shipping!
~Taha116

taha116

Quote from: taha116 on December 28, 2008, 10:04:56 PM
If i set an external download by giving it a upload link instead of uploading a file will it actually upload the file to my site or will it just create a download page for the download and the actual file will be hosted werever it is

Bump
I forgot the name
~Taha116

The_Wii_Nes_Boy

Quote from: taha116 on December 30, 2008, 10:03:38 PM

I done this because I know very little about php coding and would rather break a "test" forum than my "public".

On to your problem, I tested the url feature all it does is link you to the download site you got the url from.

[EDIT] Download system added to my public forum and it's running great, now all I need is members  ;D

taha116

Quote from: The_Wii_Nes_Boy on December 30, 2008, 10:34:20 PM
Quote from: taha116 on December 30, 2008, 10:03:38 PM

I done this because I know very little about php coding and would rather break a "test" forum than my "public".

On to your problem, I tested the url feature all it does is link you to the download site you got the url from.

[EDIT] Download system added to my public forum and it's running great, now all I need is members  ;D

Lol thats the hardest part, first work on SEO then attract people by giving them what they want and getting them to stay longer. A decent site should have a couple of people online at a time always, a good site would have 20+ and beyond that means your doing a hell of a job... I have acquaintances who have 300+ people on their site a time. But then it depends on what your site is... If a person is watching a 30 min video than it will make the number look much higher and give you a flase estimate on thier hits. Some people like onemanga.com have many visitors but to top it of to read one chapter of your favourite anime you must go through about 25 pageloads... Thats good for ad revenue.

So depends if your runing a blog 5 people at a time is a good job.

Basicly the more time they spend on your site the more chances of them actually registering.
I forgot the name
~Taha116

vbgamer45

!Fixed bugs with SMF 2.0 using the WYSIWYG editor
+Added editor for description for adding/editing downloads SMF 2.0

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

improv

Hmm, already news about the ability to include 'screenshots/images' ?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

The_Wii_Nes_Boy

I'm back :P

Anyway discover that when anyone tries to upload files bigger than 10Mb they get this error "You need to enter a download title."

Any solutions to this.......

Thanks in advance

vbgamer45

You need increase you upload_file_size in the php.ini and post_data_size

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

The_Wii_Nes_Boy

upload_file_size and post_data_size are both set to 60MB and upload size in config is set to 50MB but I still have this error "You need to enter a download title."

My forum error logs keep giving me an error on lines 1366 - 1373 in the downloads.php

$title = htmlspecialchars($_REQUEST['title'],ENT_QUOTES);   
   $description = htmlspecialchars($_REQUEST['description'],ENT_QUOTES);   
   $keywords = htmlspecialchars($_REQUEST['keywords'],ENT_QUOTES);   
   $cat = (int) $_REQUEST['cat'];   
   $fileurl = htmlspecialchars($_REQUEST['fileurl'],ENT_QUOTES);   
   $allowcomments = isset($_REQUEST['allowcomments']) ? 1 : 0;   
   $sendemail = isset($_REQUEST['sendemail']) ? 1 : 0;   
   $filesize = 0;   

says Undefined index: ******* on them all.

Advertisement: