News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

You can have files stored on remote servers.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Mr_Z

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 29, 2007, 10:13:02 PM
You can have files stored on remote servers.

and the downloads are protected still? eg. have to be logged in to download?

murdo

I've downloaded 1.0.2 already... but I noticed you updated the mod in november... was this to fix the "Filesize: 0kb" on external linked files? because I have done a lot of mod work myself on this and would rather not go through it all again.. if that bug isn't fixed compared to the version i have!

sg707

Just curious, what files are your members uploading?

Mr_Z

Quote from: sg707 on November 30, 2007, 01:35:32 PM
Just curious, what files are your members uploading?

just normal files but i dont want my server bandwith leeching. so i need to know if the links are protected from unlogged in users.

(i had it happen to me before and had to switch servers you see)

xvalid

When I upload files they show up as 0kb and it comes up with a 404 error page when I try to download anything. Why is this?

gimpandphotoshop.com/index.php?action=downloads

vbgamer45

Are the files in your downloads folder?? Check your downloads path and url settings.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

murdo

does no one know if the 0kb bug has been fixed?? (when u use a DL URL instead of uploading a file)

vbgamer45

That can not be fixed since we can not find out the size of the remote url.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

murdo

surely it can be fixed like this:

Download URL:
Upload File:
Filesize:

and Filesize box is not used if if the Download URL is... where as if "Upload File" is used, then the filesize input box is ignored???

vbgamer45

!Fixed showing filesize on download page if file is a remote url.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

murdo

Fantastic... quick question though... I have done a lot of work with the mod myself, especially the templates etc.... any chance there is a "manual" update guide or info on what code changes have been done, so I dont have to do my changes all over?

vbgamer45

I like to use this program to find the changes in a file
http://www.deepcoldsoft.com/diff.html

This is what I use to compare code.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

murdo

so looks like im gonna have to compare 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 and see what was done for the "fix" ... dammit after doing so much work :(

softtouch

I have another problem with it. I upload files, they are listed in the stats (recent downloads etc.), but if I click on the category to which I uploaded the file... empty...

Garou

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare downloadfile() (previously declared in \forum\Sources\Downloads.php:4955) in \forum\Sources\itemstats\includes\HTTPDownloader.php on line 40

Is there a way to work around this conflict between the system and Itemstats?

vbgamer45

One of the two functions needs to be renamed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Garou

Doh I should have thought of that. Thanks  :)

Alder

vbgamer45, does mod have possibility to set permissions for members groups based on posts count?

vbgamer45

Quote from: Alder on December 07, 2007, 08:11:03 PM
vbgamer45, does mod have possibility to set permissions for members groups based on posts count?
Not at this time.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: