News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Anonymous Board Mod

Started by JMV290, November 04, 2007, 07:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sman1400

Quote from: fatesjoke03 on November 11, 2009, 07:22:54 PM
Any news on this? I am really looking forward to this awesome mod to appear in 2.0. I loved it in 1.0 and can't wait to have it back up and running.

Same here, been waiting for it along time :P

Shorti25

we need this mod for smf2.0 too

help please

skper

How can I add the option to post anonymously on quick reply within anonymous boards?

Kindred

not sure off the top of my head...   but I do not plan to include that in the 2.0 release...

Quick replay, IMO should never have any options...   
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

skper

I understand that you feel that way but my forum could really use this.  We have a very busy anonymous section and this would be a great feature.  Would you consider helping me with the alterations I would need to make to make this happen?

Kindred

Update: (For the love of all gods, would the world please slow down?)

I have recently taken on some specialized tasks with the teams here at simplemachines. In addition my RL job has gotten busier and my RL family takes priority over everything else.

Although this is a simple mod, I just do not have the time right now to re-write it for 2.0.
If someone else wants to take over the development and support of this mod, I am willing to turn it over to that individual.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dillon

I am willing to pay to have this mod made for 2.0.  Any takers?  :)

SikLiFe

I w
Quote from: Kindred on January 18, 2010, 10:04:24 PM
Update: (For the love of all gods, would the world please slow down?)

I have recently taken on some specialized tasks with the teams here at simplemachines. In addition my RL job has gotten busier and my RL family takes priority over everything else.

Although this is a simple mod, I just do not have the time right now to re-write it for 2.0.
If someone else wants to take over the development and support of this mod, I am willing to turn it over to that individual.

I would love to, Send me a message when your available (:
A great breakfast is always the right answer.

Kindred

siklife,

go ahead and make your modifications. Send me the results and I will switch the system to recognize you as the author.
Слaва
Украинi

stopthere

just wondering if there is anything new with this mod? I want to upgrade to 2.0 but can't without the anon board feature  :(

Bugo

Try this package. Perfectly works on SMF 1.1.11 and 2.0 RC3.
Supported languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian.

-edit - attachment removed, see below.

Kindred

Bugo,

I put this mod up for grabs... but you never contacted me about taking over.
Siklife did, but then never moved on it...   However, you should *NOT* include an attachment to update a mod. You should always contact the author and ask if you can take over the mod and thus get the mod officially turned over to you and reviewed by the customization team instead of bypassing the normal procedure.

Pending this, I have removed your attachment.
Слaва
Украинi

Bugo

Thanks for the bureaucracy.

Kindred

you're welcome. We have rules for a reason.
Слaва
Украинi

Paul_Pauline

Hi Guyz !

This mod parses for 1.1.11  :)

I was wondering if anyone has installed this on 1.1.11, and if they've encountered any problems ?

Thanks, Paul.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

dillon

I have it running on 1.1.11, no problems at all.

Paul_Pauline

That's good   :)

Is there any way to remove the word "Guest" from underneath the word "Anonymous"

So all that is there is Anonymous in the post
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Kindred

not easily...   What this mod currently does is to remove the username and user number from the post....   SMF determines that any user with a user number of NULL or 0 is "Guest"
Слaва
Украинi

Paul_Pauline

Yeah, I can understand the reasoning behind that.

I was just wondering, as it appears that it is a guest posting, rather than an anonymous member.

Thanks for the reply  ;)

Kindred

well, the option would be to change the mod a little....

Set the UserID to a target number instead of zeroing out the userID,
set up an anonymous user account that belongs to a group which actually has no rights in and of itself (i.e. all permissions= deny)
note the userID
change the code to set that number instead of "0"
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: