News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wladymeer

Okay, it sounds like you're working on ;)

Is there any way to create default sound presets for all members? For example to set "-" for all sounds.

Also, is there some way to make ChatBot avoid idle timeout period?

mrtrc266

Read through this it goes through a lot of customizations and settings.
~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~

dzinerfusion

hi Im back again and I would like to point out the ajax chat is not compatiable with the new pretty url mod when you enable rewrting. :(

mrtrc266

Quote from: bluesinjid on June 22, 2009, 04:53:37 PM
hi Im back again and I would like to point out the ajax chat is not compatiable with the new pretty url mod when you enable rewrting. :(

This doesn't work anymore?
If you have problems and you also have Pretty URL's installed please READ THIS

[unplugged]

It seems that AjaxChat will currently only work with PrettyURLs 0.93 or lower. This was discovered while working to fix Atoa's issues. I have PrettyURLs and AjaxChat working together perfectly, but I am using PrettyURLs v 0.9. I haven't had a chance to look into this any further....
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

wladymeer

I have read it (already removed "board" rooms, modified idle time, default template and got logout redirects to forum) and although it helps a lot I wouldn't ask if I haven't found the answer inside of this topic. I tried with search through this topic and didn't get any post related to such questions.

mrtrc266

Quote from: wladymeer on June 22, 2009, 04:22:57 PM
Okay, it sounds like you're working on ;)

Is there any way to create default sound presets for all members? For example to set "-" for all sounds.

Also, is there some way to make ChatBot avoid idle timeout period?
Quote from: wladymeer on June 22, 2009, 05:14:37 PM
I have read it (already removed "board" rooms, modified idle time, default template and got logout redirects to forum) and although it helps a lot I wouldn't ask if I haven't found the answer inside of this topic. I tried with search through this topic and didn't get any post related to such questions.

Sorry...the reason I thought you hadn't read it is becuase it shows the edit to adjust the timeout period.

Not sure what you mean by default sound presets? The sounds are set to a default preset but members can change them to their individual personal preferences in the Chat Room Settings Menu.

[unplugged]

I think wladymeer might be asking to have the sounds turned off by default.

I have a question also.  :P I cannot seem to find the information on implementing the word censor. I know it can be done because I had it already, but I upgraded and lost those edits (I forgot to back the files up first).  I have searched for it, but the search is not cooperating. Can you point me in the right direction?
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

Ahhh....there's not really a function to turn on/off chat by default for all members but members can hit the mute button in the Chat Room. Or you can disable the sound.

For the Chat Room
Will have to look for edit ;)

For the shoutbox

Find chat/lib/template/shoutbox.html
ajaxChatConfig.nonPersistentSettings.push('autoFocus','wordWrap','maxWordLength','blink');
Replace with
ajaxChatConfig.settings.audio = false;
ajaxChatConfig.nonPersistentSettings.push('autoFocus','wordWrap','maxWordLength','blink','audio');

@ SK here you go. If I remember correctly this didn't work too well and you had to edit the edit LOL

http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/Mod+Word+Filter

wladymeer

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but does Chatbot ever logs out from chat due to idle timeout? If he does, is there any way to override that setting? If he doesn't, well, my bad then I guess :)

Next, yea, muting all sounds would be one solution I was thinking off - but it was more like ability for admin to create some templates or presets so that, lets say, all members have sound3 for incoming messages and no sound for login without having to set manually. Same question could apply for "Number of blink intervals:" issue.

mrtrc266

I have never seen the ChatBot Timeout.

For your sounds and blink you could play with your config.js file

/chat/js/config.js

// Defines if sounds are played:
  audio: true,
  // Defines the sound volume (0.0 = mute, 1.0 = max):
  audioVolume: 1.0,
  // Defines the sound that is played when normal messages are reveived:
  soundReceive: 'sound_1',
  // Defines the sound that is played on sending normal messages:
  soundSend: 'sound_2',
  // Defines the sound that is played on channel enter or login:
  soundEnter: 'sound_3',
  // Defines the sound that is played on channel leave or logout:
  soundLeave: 'sound_4',
  // Defines the sound that is played on chatBot messages:
  soundChatBot: 'sound_5',
  // Defines the sound that is played on error messages:
  soundError: 'sound_6',

// Defines if the document title blinks on new messages:
  blink: true,
  // Defines the blink interval in ms:
  blinkInterval: 500,
  // Defines the number of blink intervals:
  blinkIntervalNumber: 10

wladymeer

Judging by given I believe I will be able to make some customized template/presets for my chat.

I will message you if something goes wrong but I believe everything will be just fine.

Just another short question, if I set audio: false, could I prevent that flash IO error from happening?

mrtrc266

Possibly might stop it from appearing in the shoutbox.

Post back if you need anymore help

[unplugged]

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 22, 2009, 06:13:45 PM
@ SK here you go. If I remember correctly this didn't work too well and you had to edit the edit LOL

http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/Mod+Word+Filter

That was what I was looking for! Thank you. Also, I did have to edit the edit. However, this time around, I managed to figure a way to edit it and still keep the global + case insensitivity switches. I was having trouble with censored words still showing if they were typed in caps. To use the word sensor and keep the case insensitivity, simply wrap each line in another set of parenthesis. This allows not having to eliminate the /gi switches as posted in my original fix for the censor (where ever that may be in this thread)  :P

For each text=text.replace(/foo/gi, 'Donkey Foo');
or text=text.replace('foo', 'Donkey Foo');
change it to (text=text.replace(/foo/gi, 'Donkey Foo'));

TheListener

Regarding:

Change the name of your Chatbot
Open.....yourforum/chat/lib/config.php
Find and change Chatbot to whatever you'd like.
Code: [Select]
// The userName used for ChatBot messages
$config['chatBotName'] = 'ChatBot';

1. Can this be done via edit in the servers control panel?
2. Where do I add the new name( Jeeves)?

mrtrc266

YVW SK, thanks for the edit...will add it to the FAQ's

Quote from: TheListener on June 22, 2009, 10:55:47 PM
Regarding:

Change the name of your Chatbot
Open.....yourforum/chat/lib/config.php
Find and change Chatbot to whatever you'd like.
// The userName used for ChatBot messages
$config['chatBotName'] = 'ChatBot';

1. Can this be done via edit in the servers control panel?
2. Where do I add the new name( Jeeves)?

The easiest way that I have found to make edits to your files  is the following.

Download and install an FTP Program like FileZilla
FileZilla_3.2.5_win32-setup.exe
Goto File/Site Manager/New Site/....enter your FTP account details and click Connect....You wll see all your folder(directories) in a list.

Download and install Notepad++
npp.5.4.3.Installer.exe

Now instead of using your server control panel to make all your edits just download the file via FileZilla, make the edits using Notepad++ and then upload the file back to your server via FileZilla.

TheListener

Ya like making me shiver bud. Already have notepad++ on the computer.

Still I gotta learn one day  ;D

mrtrc266

What about FileZilla....much easier than using your Server cPanel

TheListener

Yep the old dinosaurs there too.

(Filezilla not me).

Bouncerball

my Version of forum is: SMF 2.0 RC 1-1
I open Ajax Chat in a new window.

My question:
Where can I change the title of the new window.
There is: "AJAX CHAT"
May I change this in "whatever"?

Thanks
Mein Forum:
www.forum.die-scharfenberger.de

SMF 2.0 RC 1-2
deutsches Sprachpaket
Ajax Chat Ingetration

Advertisement: