News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigz09

Quote from: mrtrc266 on October 19, 2009, 10:49:25 AM
Quote from: gigz09 on October 19, 2009, 10:38:42 AM
whew! im back... after my shoutbox have been editted by a hacker, i setted the chat and shoutbox permission back to 644.. and still i can access the shoutbox without encountering problem both my test account and guest..

i enabled the guest in my shoutbox so that they can view the conversation under beneath of it..
=)

now, this is my problem since i have installed the ajaxchat..

if the conversation in the shoutbox are overflowed and the scrollbar appeared... upon logging out, and if you try to logging in again..the previous messages were gone... the scroll bar is gone too..

i want to have the past conversations within 1 - 2 hours... or more... so that each and everytime my members or visitors logged in, they can easily back read the conversations on my shoutbox..

thanks=)
Play with these setting, this tells you how long the messages will show for
// Max time difference in hours for messages to display on each request:
$config['requestMessagesTimeDiff'] = 24;

This sets how many messages users can scroll back through
// Max number of messages to display on each request:
$config['requestMessagesLimit'] = 10;

thanks it works...=) thank you very much..!=)
ONYX is a non-profit, voluntary initiative of Filipino computer, electronics and software engineers. It was launched on July 2007 in Manila, Philippines. The initial idea is to create a broad organization where the Open Source and Open Content volunteers and professionals can exchange their ideas and embark on new initiatives. In the last year after formation ONYX has matured into an independent organization with partnerships with other Open Source based organization and individuals.

Visit ONYX - Pinoy Open Source Technologies

Blah blah

I must not have my database tables there ?

How exactly do I add those? And would they still be there from an old version? 

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Blah blah on October 19, 2009, 01:38:19 PM
I must not have my database tables there ?

How exactly do I add those? And would they still be there from an old version? 

There is usually a install.php file or something similar  in the mod you would execute that to install the tables.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

digit

Quote from: mrtrc266 on October 19, 2009, 11:29:02 AM
Here you go, no need to register the chat/shout is open to guests.

http://monsters-mansion.com/testsmf2

Or were you talkin about givin me a test account and a URL? LOL

Yeah, I was going to give you a test account and URL so you can see my non-working chat.  8)
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

mALEFACTOr

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on October 16, 2009, 12:00:04 PM
You can move it down if you like, all you need to do is move the code from one place to another ;)
this is the code i should move?

if (!empty($modSettings['enableChatBelowPM'])){
$count = count(chatOnlineUsers());
if ($count == 0 )
echo '<li>' . $txt['chat_no_user'] . '</li>';
elseif ($count == 1 )
  echo '<li>1' . $txt['chat_aUser'] . '</li>';
else
  echo '<li> ' . $count . $txt['chat_users'] . '.</li>';
}

and in witch file, default index.template.php or the other one from the template?
thank u again.

German_AC

Hi, I just installed ajax chat, deleted install.php (wich completes the installation correctly) and then when I run the index.php I got this error:

Error de parseo XML: etiqueta sin par. Se esperaba: </link>.
Lugar: http://www.chevynet.com.ar/foro/ajax/index.php
Línea 7, Columna 6:   </head>
-----^

Any ideas?
Thanks

Artificial intelligence is not a rival for natural stupidity.

German_AC

I installed the mod anyway, and even when it shows everything ok this message appears:

(17:31:29) ChatBot: Error: Estado de la conexi�n: 0
(17:31:30) ChatBot: Error: Estado de la conexi�n: 500

And is not possible to post anything.

TheListener

This has been covered many times before.

The directory and folder permissions have to be set to 755

German_AC

Thanks man, sorry for that. I was set everything to 755 but after reinstalling it went back to 666.

Now, the 500 error is gone, but nothing appear in the box when I try to shout, just blank screen.

TheListener

German_AC

No errors, everything was installed aparently succesfuly.

digit

I am still having a problem witn no text showing up. :(  Any idea why that's happening?

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

TheListener

German_AC

I noted that if I try to run ajax directly from ajax url I got now this message:

Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM hvpsn_mambo.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: Table 'hvpsn_mambo.ajax_chat_online' doesn't exist Error-Code: 1146

I was looking at my database via phpmyadmin, and the table "ajax_chat_online" do exists, but is called "smf_ajaxchat_online" because I'm using a bridge, so smf files uses smf_xxx and portal uses mos_xxxx

Which files are necesary to modify to indicates ajax to look the table with the right name??

digit

Quote from: TheListener on October 21, 2009, 04:49:17 PM
Digit were there any errors on install?

No, the tables are there just fine, no errors, etc...  I did not install the mod, just the ajax chat for smf. (If I can get that working I'll install the mod!)

This is what I downloaded

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ajax-chat/files/ajax-chat/0.8.3/ajax_chat-0.8.3_SMF.zip/download

I will delete my 123flashchat (which is too slow and expensive) if I can get this slick looking chat working!

I can pm you the link to my chat if you can take a look.

Thanks

p.s., it's also not showing users. (is this for SMF 2.0+?)

Blah blah

Seems like alot of us are having the  no users, no msgs problem like me.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

kingkingston

ok added this to my site but how do i get it to work,it sets up the link and when i click the link the popup box comes up and says

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Anyone know how to fix this ?

digit

Blah blah

Quote from: digit on October 22, 2009, 12:04:34 AM
Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on October 21, 2009, 07:11:01 PM
Try the older version as this problem seems common
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2316972#msg2316972
Attached in that post^

yep same for me. I've tried 3 different older versions and they all did the same thing.

Same thing.  Looks great, doesn't work.

Advertisement: