News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digit

Quote from: Hardcase on November 04, 2009, 03:05:21 PM
Guys i know this has happened before and i had the same issue, but i cannot for the life of me find the relevant post or anything related to it!  :(

Anyway my site has been using chat for some months now with very little issue, i have not uploaded any new mods or anything of the sort. But my chatroom no longer displays the text that people type, i have tried it myself both as a normal member and admin, yet nothing is displayed.

Any help appreciated or just point me in the right direction!

Thanks  :D

It sounds like something is going on with your htaccess file...  try renaming it to something OTHER than .htaccess and try again.

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Perrorist

Quote from: Perrorist on November 02, 2009, 12:58:21 AM
I have integrated Ajax Chat into SMF and it works fine with the default theme. I've also copied over three files (BoardIndex.template.php, index.template.php, and style.css) into the Dilber theme (as recommended by mrtrc266 in response to lundana in March), but an error occurs when I enter the board:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getChatOnlineUserIDs() in [...]index.template.php

Any idea how to fix this?

Bump.

Hardcase

Digit tried renaming the file no such luck, even deleted it but no joy, any other suggestions?

ardd

I'm having what is likely a stupid simple problem, although I have already referred to the FAQ and searched the topic I can't seem to find an answer perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.

I installed the mod, the shoutbox works fine in my theme (Anecedota) there is no chat button there in that particular theme though. When I switch to the default theme the chat button is there and works great.   

I can't find thte button code in the default theme and I have not been able to construct a button code that works in that theme, I can get the button visible but it does not fire up chat in a new window as I have checked in the admin panel. I need to get the button code or get pointed at where the code is in default so I can copy it to the theme (if this will work)

Using SMF 1.1.10  Hypercrites.org

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked I just can't find the info :)

Sabre™

Search in your themes index.template.php for
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))

and add chat to the end like so
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm', 'chat')))

Then look for any place within your button section, I'd look for this
// The [calendar]!
if ($context['allow_calendar'])
echo '<li', $current_action == 'calendar' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar"><span>' , $txt['calendar24'] , '</span></a></li>';

and place this after it
// the [chat] button
$chatPath = str_replace("index.php", "chat/index.php", $scripturl);
$num = (empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo'])) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers());
    echo '<li', $current_action == 'chat' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $chatPath, '"', empty($modSettings['chatPopUp']) ? 'target="_blank"' : ' onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;"', '>', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</a></li>';

See if that works.
If not, you could attach your index.template.php and I or another will have a look at it for you.
Good luck :)

Beneath every mod download section, there is a part which states "Manual Install Instructions for SMF", this is where you'll find what code to add.
Some theme buttons are structured different though, such as yours
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

StarvingRussian

I've been using this mod on my site for about 3 months and it's great.

Today we were chatting and one of the admins noticed that whenever you clicked submit or hit enter, the status bar at the bottom left of the internet browser would say "waiting for scooteringusa.com [nofollow]". It's a scooter blog.

I refreshed and it went away and the chat got a little faster after that. I've never seen it happen before.

Any idea on what could have caused this?

NaWaR

i install it but what to do next please help me...!!!!!?
i can see the shout box in the simpleport section of the administrator board
when i click on it i have  addshout box and shoutbox list
in the shoutbox list there is the shoutbox i already made i mean add and the status is activated but still don't appear in the forum or portal...
please help me.

mlsred

Hi

Any idea why I don't get any text in the settings area? See attachment.

Thanks
M

Arantor

Hardcase

Ok further to my disappearing text i have now received a members error report when he logged in:

Timestamp: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 21:23:01 UTC

Line: 12

Char: 73

Code: 0

URI: http://www.hmsresolution.org.uk/forum/chat/js/custom.js

any ideas gents or this just a red herring?

mlsred

Quote from: Arantor on November 07, 2009, 12:38:23 PM
mlsred: What language are you using?

Thanks for the reply, just changed to English and all is working.. Sorry I did search the forum but couldn't find it  :D

NaWaR

please any help here !??

the ajax don't appear on the forum what to do !

ardd

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 05, 2009, 05:18:09 PM
Search in your themes index.template.php for
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))

and add chat to the end like so
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm', 'chat')))

Then look for any place within your button section, I'd look for this
// The [calendar]!
if ($context['allow_calendar'])
echo '<li', $current_action == 'calendar' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar"><span>' , $txt['calendar24'] , '</span></a></li>';

and place this after it
// the [chat] button
$num = (empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo'])) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers());
    echo '<li', $current_action == 'chat' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $chatPath, '"', empty($modSettings['chatPopUp']) ? 'target="_blank"' : ' onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;"', '>', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</a></li>';

See if that works.
If not, you could attach your index.template.php and I or another will have a look at it for you.
Good luck :)

Beneath every mod download section, there is a part which states "Manual Install Instructions for SMF", this is where you'll find what code to add.
Some theme buttons are structured different though, such as yours
Thanks Sabre, the button code didn't quite work but it was a great starting point, it was functional but displayed a tiny button without the right color or size text. A little messing around resulted in this:
// How about the [Chat] button?
   echo '<li', $current_action == 'Chat' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $chatPath, '?action=chat" target="_blank"', $scripturl, '?action=chat"><span>' , Chat , '</span></a></li>';

This seems to be both functional and display right.

I still don't know jack but after getting really lucky with this and the arcade button I am seriously considering stocking up on lotto tickets :)

Anyhow I hope that button code is useful to someone else as well. 

NaWaR

I had Errors Appears !!!  :(( didn't work and hall forum not working any more!

NaWaR

is it because i am new no one gonna help me or what ??   >:(

Sabre™

@ ardd
Arrgg, sorry bud, I forgot to add the span tags lol
This should help it perform 'all' of it's designed functions, if you choose to use them.
   // the [chat] button
    echo '<li', $current_action == 'chat' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $chatPath, '"', empty($modSettings['chatPopUp']) ? 'target="_blank"' : ' onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;"', '><span>', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</span></a></li>';

@ NaWaR
digit is correct.
You have not provided any information besides 'I had Errors Appears'.
What were the errors you speak of?
Please take a little time to read [THIS] and [THIS].
They will enable people to assist you with more efficiency.

Cheers :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

NaWaR

Quote from: NaWaR on November 07, 2009, 05:29:54 AM
i install it but what to do next please help me...!!!!!?
i can see the shout box in the simpleport section of the administrator board
when i click on it i have  addshout box and shoutbox list
in the shoutbox list there is the shoutbox i already made i mean add and the status is activated but still don't appear in the forum or portal...
please help me.
thank you
thank you sabre
i posted this before but no answer i had so i will explain more
i did install the ajax shoytbox from packages and then i get new option in the admin panel
and i add new shoutbox as i should, but i didn't get any result, the shout box didn't appear in the forum or in the portal link to the forum is  www.forum.4syr.com
do i have to make any changes to the forum files?
what to do to make the shoutbox appear in the forum?
thank you.

Arantor

You will need to add it to your theme manually, that's why it doesn't appear. This is a common issue in 1.1.x mods. (Please also update to 1.1.10 as soon as convenient for a security patch)

Please see: Manual Installation of Mods

NaWaR

can i give you the admin permition and you do it for me ?

if yes : just register please and give me the username then i make you admin

if yes or no , thank you anyway

ArizerXion

Can you help me?
I have been to instal this mod.. but..
When I enter a chat.. the text not displayed or not function.

Advertisement: