News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kobayo

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2010, 04:37:03 PM
Even though you don't have a portal installed, try this...
hxxp:ajcintegration.co.cc/index.php/topic,52.msg63.html#msg63 [nonactive]

If that doesn't work try uninstalling both mods then install AJAX Chat Integration first and see if that fixes it.
thx for u fast answer.

after i uninstalled and deletet this two mods, i messed up the cache and redownloaded and installed this chat mod without that aeva thing, but nothing changed! 403 connection error still appears few secounds after logging in the chat.

i also changed the file perm. back to 755 without any result.

to ur other advise, i have no .htaccess in my
Quote(the one in the same directory as your /SSI.php file)
maybe i should have one there but at this point i dont have one. so i changed that line in that file in my chat dir. nothing changed with the error

i also tried out to rename all .htaccess files to check whats happened but also without any .htaccess files, cames still this error.

my smf is free hostet on www . kilu . de

mrtrc266

Quote from: Kobayo on July 13, 2010, 06:05:19 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2010, 04:37:03 PM
Even though you don't have a portal installed, try this...
http://ajcintegration.co.cc/index.php/topic,52.msg63.html#msg63

If that doesn't work try uninstalling both mods then install AJAX Chat Integration first and see if that fixes it.
thx for u fast answer.

after i uninstalled and deletet this two mods, i messed up the cache and redownloaded and installed this chat mod without that aeva thing, but nothing changed! 403 connection error still appears few secounds after logging in the chat.

i also changed the file perm. back to 755 without any result.

to ur other advise, i have no .htaccess in my
Quote(the one in the same directory as your /SSI.php file)
maybe i should have one there but at this point i dont have one. so i changed that line in that file in my chat dir. nothing changed with the error

i also tried out to rename all .htaccess files to check whats happened but also without any .htaccess files, cames still this error.

my smf is free hostet on www . kilu . de

If you don't have an .htaccess file in that location simply create one using a text editor like Notepad ++ Add that line, save as .htaccess and upload to your server

mrtrc266

Quote from: greenberet on July 13, 2010, 04:59:23 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2010, 11:52:36 AM
Quote from: greenberet on July 12, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

Alright, I got i figured! ;)
But even before I modiefied anything, the shoutbox was not working. I was not able to shout, the shoutbox was blank so no smileys and stuff.
Funny thing is, that when I first installed this mod (like 5 days ago) everything worked fine!
(I just got this 500 error thing, because I forgot to set the permissions)

But now I have no idea why it is not working again. I tried the .htaccess thing described in the FAQs, but my .htaccess files had the lines added already.

So, what am I supposed to do?  :( Is it possible, that something went wrong while uninstalling?

Hi, I´m having this same problem only with a different Theme (Green Leaf), the default its working fine, I have re edit the permissions to 755 to both folders and nothing happens, also did the .httacces thing and the same....what could be the problem?

Here is the site : http://loqueignoras.com/Forum

Thank you so much in advance everyone,

Greenberet

Do you have a piece of code from another chat program still lingering in your index.template for that theme?

Not really, I removed all of the mods for any chat room that I have previously installed. Why will it give me a blank screen? when I switch back to the default, I see all the messages that I wrote while using my theme.

Would you like to see my index.template.php file?

Thanks a lot!

Greenberet

Sure, post it here. If it works in the default theme them it must be a theme issue

Kobayo

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2010, 06:10:33 PM
If you don't have an .htaccess file in that location simply create one using a text editor like hxxp:notepad-plus-plus.org/release/5.7 [nonactive] Add that line, save as .htaccess and upload to your server
ok,
so i created an .htaccess file in my root dir where the ssi.php files is and added that line from ur link

"DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm"

but nothing changed, still have this 403 error

mrtrc266

Quote from: Kobayo on July 13, 2010, 06:28:28 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2010, 06:10:33 PM
If you don't have an .htaccess file in that location simply create one using a text editor like Notepad ++ Add that line, save as .htaccess and upload to your server
ok,
so i created an .htaccess file in my root dir where the ssi.php files is and added that line from ur link

"DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm"

but nothing changed, still have this 403 error

Check you servers error log and see what it says, generally 403 means "Forbidden." Also contact your host to see if they can help...
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/apache-403-forbidden-error-and-solution/

aaraon

Hello!
Is there any "bad words blocker" in chat? Unfortunately I am not able to count with the good sense of my users and if there is one of these on there I wish I could use.

Sincerely
[]´s

Aaraon Thomas

www.falerpg.com.br

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: aaraon on July 13, 2010, 10:31:53 PM
Hello!
Is there any "bad words blocker" in chat? Unfortunately I am not able to count with the good sense of my users and if there is one of these on there I wish I could use.

Sincerely

You can do it, but you need to manually add a replacement word list, I forget which file you need to edit, but it is possible, mrtrc266 will be back and tell you exactly how :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

mrtrc266

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 13, 2010, 11:00:08 PM
Quote from: aaraon on July 13, 2010, 10:31:53 PM
Hello!

Sincerely

You can do it, but you need to manually add a replacement word list, I forget which file you need to edit, but it is possible, mrtrc266 will be back and tell you exactly how :)

Here ya go....It's kinda fun, you can make the people who like to use foul language look like idiots when you replace the bad words they use LOL
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ajax-chat/index.php?title=Mod_Word_Filter

greenberet

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2010, 06:11:40 PM
Quote from: greenberet on July 13, 2010, 04:59:23 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2010, 11:52:36 AM
Quote from: greenberet on July 12, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

Alright, I got i figured! ;)
But even before I modiefied anything, the shoutbox was not working. I was not able to shout, the shoutbox was blank so no smileys and stuff.
Funny thing is, that when I first installed this mod (like 5 days ago) everything worked fine!
(I just got this 500 error thing, because I forgot to set the permissions)

But now I have no idea why it is not working again. I tried the .htaccess thing described in the FAQs, but my .htaccess files had the lines added already.

So, what am I supposed to do?  :( Is it possible, that something went wrong while uninstalling?

Hi, I´m having this same problem only with a different Theme (Green Leaf), the default its working fine, I have re edit the permissions to 755 to both folders and nothing happens, also did the .httacces thing and the same....what could be the problem?

Here is the site : http://loqueignoras.com/Forum [nofollow]

Thank you so much in advance everyone,

Greenberet

Do you have a piece of code from another chat program still lingering in your index.template for that theme?

Not really, I removed all of the mods for any chat room that I have previously installed. Why will it give me a blank screen? when I switch back to the default, I see all the messages that I wrote while using my theme.

Would you like to see my index.template.php file?

Thanks a lot!

Greenberet

Sure, post it here. If it works in the default theme them it must be a theme issue

Hello, here is the file attached, any ideas?

Thanks a lot man for keeping up!

Eric B

For anyone interested, I wrote a little script to create an image that tells people how many users are in your chat. I use it as part of my signature on other forums to try to entice new members.

argyle gargoyle

Hello, I have the ajax chat integration on my forum and everything runs fine. My only problem is when I try to add the new topic and reply notifications they don't work. I've used the code supplied earlier in this topic and still nothing. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated. If you need more information about my setup please reply.

I am using smf 1.1.11, AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1, and all files are on the correct chmod settings.

cheftell

im new here i generaly can figure things out.
when i install ajax intergration and go into features and options to set up there is nothing there just 5 or 6 check boxes with no discription ans no chat button
i am using 1.1.11 with default theme at hxxp:dirttrackers.com/dirttrackers/index.php [nonactive] any help would be appreciated thanks.

gbsothere

Quote from: cheftell on July 14, 2010, 08:59:13 PM
im new here i generaly can figure things out.
when i install ajax intergration and go into features and options to set up there is nothing there just 5 or 6 check boxes with no discription ans no chat button
i am using 1.1.11 with default theme at dirttrackers.com/dirttrackers/index.php any help would be appreciated thanks.

Did you use the package manager, cheftell, or install it manually?   In Server Settings what is your forum default language set to?

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Lou69

One last call for knowledge before I uninstall Ajax chat, I am afraid that the error file has become too large.

Quote from: Lou69 on July 11, 2010, 10:43:56 PM
Is it possible to disable the error_log file that is found in the \shoutbox directory?

It is 13 meg in size and a bit large. I would like to close the stream and delete the file, after clearing the cause for the errors I intend to reenable the log.

thanks

cheftell

i used the package manager to install it .language set at english utf8

gbsothere

Quote from: cheftell on July 14, 2010, 11:40:02 PM
i used the package manager to install it .language set at english utf8

cheftell, the package manager would have placed the edits in Modifications.english.php but you need to place those same edits in your Modifications.english-utf8.php file.  This should be the case with your Help.english-utf8.php, as well.  Whenever you use the package manager and your forum language is set to utf8, you'll have to modify your utf8 version of the language files your mod uses.  If it doesn't matter to you whether your forum default language is english or english utf8, then simply change that setting to english and your features and options page should appear normal.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

DarkflameQ

Has anyone ever coded an anti spam feature for AjaxChat yet?

I've searched the whole of SMF for a instant chat mod that features anti spam protection and none seem to offer it.

Surely it can't be that hard to code is so a person can only submit a message every (set amount of seconds)?

Or the ability for the bot to temporary ban anyone who posts more than 3 messages in a period of 5 seconds?

My biggest problem with Ajax and other SMF chat programs is people spam with smilies or pointless repeated sentences and theres nothing i can do about it apart from keep deleting their messages :(

bahgheera

Have you looked in /chat/lib/config.php? Open that file, search for this:

// Defines the max number of messages a user may send per minute:

$config['maxMessageRate'] = 20;

I wouldn't change it to much lower than that though. You may have to change the same setting in /shoutbox/lib/config.php as well, depending on whether you have your chat and shoutbox integrated.

DarkflameQ

Quote from: bahgheera on July 15, 2010, 11:15:30 PM
Have you looked in /chat/lib/config.php? Open that file, search for this:

// Defines the max number of messages a user may send per minute:

$config['maxMessageRate'] = 20;

I wouldn't change it to much lower than that though. You may have to change the same setting in /shoutbox/lib/config.php as well, depending on whether you have your chat and shoutbox integrated.

Thanks, i'll give it a go.

It's a giant shame it isn't maxMessageRate per 5 seconds as a minute is too long of a time to define proper anti spam measurements :(

Dewed

Time to upgrade I think, but not sure...
In version.txt file I see 0.8.2 SMF   and in the admin panel, list of installed mods I have      3.2.1   

I saw on the ajaxchat site that there is  a version 0.8.3     

So.. is there an upgrade for SMF 1.1.11 ?  and if so.. how do I safely upgrade it

Advertisement: