News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedyuk7

Why would u want shoutbox at the bottom. That just reminds u of phpbb style. Shoutbox at top is better

Morp

Well Me and my members want it at the bottom else that will draw much attention instead of the actually forum.

Miss-V

Using newest version of shoutbox & 1.1.9 of SMF.

Only admins can see shoutbox.  There's nothing in permissions or admin panel.

TDNY

Quote from: Miss-V on June 07, 2009, 04:33:35 PM
Using newest version of shoutbox & 1.1.9 of SMF.

Only admins can see shoutbox.  There's nothing in permissions or admin panel.

You should have permissions for viewing and posting for guests and regular members. Is your site set to english? go to Admin/server settings and scroll down to default language, check English and save. If you don't want to use English you need to modify the language file for the language you want to use.

Good Luck,
TD

If that's not it

Miss-V

Thanks, for some reason my language was on English U something.

Now, how do I put the shout box to the right of the forum?  Once I've done that, is it possible to install other things under it?

DELHI_BOY

can any build a shout button below the shoutbox. i am using latest ver. of smf.
so that user can click on button to shout instead of hiting enter. this will help for mobile users browsing via opera 8.65 sis version (symbian phones like N70)

TDNY

Quote from: Miss-V on June 08, 2009, 03:26:14 AM
Thanks, for some reason my language was on English U something.

Now, how do I put the shout box to the right of the forum?  Once I've done that, is it possible to install other things under it?

Glad I could help, I don't know how to move the box around though.
TD

MissyNL

hi..

do you have some screenshots??? sounds great :D
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

TDNY

Quote from: MissyNL on June 08, 2009, 10:37:11 AM
hi..

Here is how it looks on my site, I made the box a little smaller in size from top to bottom.
TD

Jumper™

The HacksPark shoutBox don't works in Internet explorer 8.

Can you help me?

AM Woody3

Quote from: Jumper™ on June 08, 2009, 11:59:01 AM
The HacksPark shoutBox don't works in Internet explorer 8.

Can you help me?

I had this problem.  All I did was click on that little broken page looking thing to the right side of the address bar and it started working.

Diana Notacat

I have my shoutbox displaying on the bottom of the page, and when I load the index the page automatically scrolls down to the shoutbox.

How can I get it to stop doing that?

thanks for the help! <3

TDNY

Quote from: Diana Notacat on June 08, 2009, 06:19:05 PM
I have my shoutbox displaying on the bottom of the page, and when I load the index the page automatically scrolls down to the shoutbox.

How can I get it to stop doing that?

thanks for the help! <3

If you attach your index template php I'll take a look at it.
TD

Diana Notacat

I moved it back up to the top and it's still jumping down to the shoutbox, so I'm not sure why it's being weird.

(attached)

TDNY

Quote from: Diana Notacat on June 08, 2009, 07:20:44 PM
I moved it back up to the top and it's still jumping down to the shoutbox, so I'm not sure why it's being weird.

(attached)

Try this, I found what I think was unnecessary code, I have the original if this doesn't work. Be sure to check the overwrite files box when you upload it.
TD

Diana Notacat

Nope! Afraid it's still doing it...

If it helps, it's only doing it on pages the shoutbox is displayed on. It won't do it anywhere else.

Quote from: TDNY on June 08, 2009, 07:44:57 PM
Try this, I found what I think was unnecessary code, I have the original if this doesn't work. Be sure to check the overwrite files box when you upload it.
TD

TDNY

Quote from: Diana Notacat on June 08, 2009, 07:54:23 PM
Nope! Afraid it's still doing it...

If it helps, it's only doing it on pages the shoutbox is displayed on. It won't do it anywhere else.

Hmmm... put this original template back. you have to go thru the manual edits and check each file, there has to be some code that needs changing. Wish I could help more but I think you'll find the problem doing what I suggest.
TD

Diana Notacat

I still haven't fixed it yet, and even on a default style it'll do it... but testing so far says:

It has something to do with either the text input box or the Minimize thingy.

But when I take out the input box (so you can't type a message), or when the chat is minimized, it won't auto-scroll down to the shoutbox.

MissyNL

Quote from: TDNY on June 08, 2009, 10:53:20 AM
Quote from: MissyNL on June 08, 2009, 10:37:11 AM
hi..

Here is how it looks on my site, I made the box a little smaller in size from top to bottom.
TD

a whisper mode would be awsome in it... If that happens.. i will use it :D
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

Dordt

One of what I was missing with smileys - hidden smileys...
Is there the possibility????

Advertisement: