News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

about member group

Started by funcouldron, November 17, 2008, 10:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funcouldron

my members are mebmers of 2 or mroe group ,,out of which one is post based and other are groups i allow them to join,,

i want to show all of them while they post,,, and in profiel also i want to show both,,,

how can i do that?
Visit us at  ww.4moreFun.com

Kermit

AdminCP -> Current Theme -> Hide post group titles for grouped members?

that should be unchecked,if you want to show both of them
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

funcouldron

it is unchecked,, but still show some user it shows post based group and for some it shows another group..

Kermit

Quote from: funcouldron on November 17, 2008, 10:34:06 AM
it is unchecked,, but still show some user it shows post based group and for some it shows another group..

Your site ? an example link for this issue would be helpful
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

funcouldron

Kermit

Quote from: Duncan85 on November 17, 2008, 10:35:45 AM

an example link for this issue would be helpful or an example picture

My Mods

A. Einstein

funcouldron

[img=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/51e51e78bc.jpg]

shadeslayer is my id ,, i m admin ,, so rather then showing site admin it shows only my post based group
in second iamge also same happens  but in 3rd image ,, admin is also site admin and its post based group image not coming only admin image is coming...

i have updated my forum 1st from 1.1.5 to 1.1.7 and then 2.0b4 now if i change anyones group then it shows only post based group though user gets permissions of other group.

funcouldron

funcouldron

Rumbaar

Can't access site or image from current location.

But as long as you have the membergroup as their primary membergroup and that setting unchecked it will show both.  If you want to show more you'll have to use a mod, but if you're using 2.0 BETA I'm not sure if it's available for that version.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

it is only showing post based group ,no matter if tht box is checked or unchecked. what should i do then?

funcouldron

Rumbaar

One thing, are you sure that theme is 100% compatible with SMF 2.0 BETA?  Second thing running a SMF forum within an iframe like you have will cause other issues with the operation of the forum.

If you use the default CORE theme do the membergroups show correctly?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

theme is totaly compatible,,,

it dosent show groups while in core theme also ...

andi  didt got this iframe thing,, what does it mean?

Rumbaar

The link in your profile is via a frame.

Now also looking at your site I see in the source issues with paths, not related to this issue, but should be fixed.
http://funcouldron.co.cc/fc/Themes/MidnightSun2b4/style.css
http://funcouldron.110mb.com/fc/Themes/default
Do a search for the compatible Repair_settings.php tool for SMF 2.0 BETA, I've posted it at least once.

Now as for your issue, it's related to modifications to either the source files or the appropriate template files
Profile.php/Profile.template.php & Display.php/Display.template.php  I think those are still the same in 2.0 BETA.

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

hmm i used repair setting and solved it ,, chk it out ...

here are the fiels you are saying,, attached ,, what to do with them?

Rumbaar

Those are files yes.  But at what edits have you made or mods installed.  As default all primary and post count groups are always shown.  So if it's not it's due to custom theme issues or previous modifications.  Are you aware of it.

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

currntly no mods are installed ,, still it is not showing.. i dont remember any mod who could have done this ,,, but yeh i was running 1.16 earlier ,, in there i installed one mod to show all membersgroup tags ,, i dont remember which it was ,, but while doing update i backuped DB then freshly installed 1.17 and resotred DB there and then updated to smf 2.0b4

funcouldron

hee i have old files ,,, i dont know coding ,,, plz check it

Rumbaar

Quote from: funcouldron on December 02, 2008, 06:33:23 AM,, in there i installed one mod to show all membersgroup tags ,, i dont remember which it was ,,
Well I'm sure that is your problem right there.  You've most likely not put the appropriate code changes in your template files.  Or not fully removed the code applicable to that mod.

Remember which mod you installed and then put it through the parser, then check to see if all code is in or out depending on what end result you want.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: