News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Auto Merge Double Post

Started by M-DVD, December 03, 2008, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loginsvarios

Quote from: Bruno36 on September 24, 2010, 08:42:33 AM
Hello!

in in Display.template.php I can not find the line of code
$split_button = create_button('split.gif', 'split', 'split', 'align="middle"');
I use the default theme
My forum is blank without any mod install
Same here...

vkot

Bruno36 & Loginsvarios,
I guess you are using SMF 2.0 RC3. This mod is not updated for SMF 2.0 RC3 and nobody knows if the creator or someone else will update it...

If I had some info on how it works, maybe I could do it, but the creator (M-DVD) hasn't logged in for 7.5 months now... 
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

samurai-lupin

This fine mod is working for me but it will add October 03, 2010, 12:07:20 AM tags in my message body around previous merged post dates. Please see my screenshot. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you!

samurai-lupin

vkot

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on September 28, 2010, 03:43:32 AM
A better solution is here: http://arantormods.com/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=12

Personally, I really need the manual merge feature, and the mod that you quote doesn't have it.  :(
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

Oya

that mod doesnt have manual merge but thats because it *auto* merges, if thats the option used, there is never the option to have double posts in that board

you know, you could post it on that forum, the author might take it into account for a future version

miro-ppb

Any possibility of it to be updated for RC4?

automerge

Here's an 2.0 RC4 compatible version of this must-have mod (I can't live without it, it's a major feature for me!). I found the RC3 version on the russian SMF website* and modified it a bit so I can use it on RC4. Maybe some admin can add this file to the download page of the mod?

*http://www.simplemachines.ru/index.php?topic=9441.msg68392#msg68392 [nofollow]

NanoSector

Quote from: automerge on November 21, 2010, 04:34:00 AM
Here's an 2.0 RC4 compatible version of this must-have mod (I can't live without it, it's a major feature for me!). I found the RC3 version on the russian SMF website* and modified it a bit so I can use it on RC4. Maybe some admin can add this file to the download page of the mod?

*http://www.simplemachines.ru/index.php?topic=9441.msg68392#msg68392
Wow, thank you!
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

NanoSector

Allright, here's a package that fixes all errors in 2.0 RC4.

I build it but I take no credits, as it's the authors mod.

(reuploaded it again to fix an typing error)

PERFORM THIS STEP AFTER INSTALLING!!
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

automerge

Thanks goes to the Russians  ;)

Is there a possibility to modify this mod so that the first post is deleted and the merge will happen in the second post?
I want people to be able to bump their topics (or say, post an update to a read-only-post) without double posting. Currently the post stays marked as read for other users when merged.

Makar

thank you

however ! your corrections take into account one ! It mod not safe ! If for you it is let to post to the guests, then they will be able to mount
message in the round of captcha

Sorry for my english

automerge

I made my own solution to the "Modified shows as unread"-Problem: Here's a dirty hack which serves my needs...

C4G-TK

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on November 21, 2010, 05:47:13 AM

I get a white page after installing this mod when trying to go into Admin > Posts & Topics areas
Using RC4 with that package.

When I uninstall, I can go into the Admin > Posts & Topics area w/o problem.
Did this on two of my RC4 forums and get the same result.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

-img removed-

NanoSector

Quote from: C4G-TK on December 19, 2010, 03:13:49 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on November 21, 2010, 05:47:13 AM

I get a white page after installing this mod when trying to go into Admin > Posts & Topics areas
Using RC4 with that package.

When I uninstall, I can go into the Admin > Posts & Topics area w/o problem.
Did this on two of my RC4 forums and get the same result.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Please attach your Manageposts.php.

C4G-TK

Sorry for the need of assistance, Yoshi.

The only other mod that I have installed that makes edits to that file is Boilerplates For Posts.  Since I could still get to that area after installation, I figured that one was ok.  It was only after installing Auto Merge that I couldn't get into the page.  Plus, since I could get back in there after uninstalling Auto Merge, it made me believe it wasn't Boilerplates.

Other than not getting into the admin area for Posts & Topics, it never threw any errors in the log.

-img removed-

NanoSector

Quote from: C4G-TK on December 20, 2010, 11:31:16 AM
Sorry for the need of assistance, Yoshi.
Meh, I have nothing to do anyways ::)

Try this.

EDIT: Yeah the problem relies on my package; there is an error in it which I cannot locate.

C4G-TK

OK
1) Thanks for my first Birthday gift of the day.  It worked.  What the **** did I do wrong?  I need to make the same change on another forum, too.

2) Thanks for taking the time to help me.

-img removed-

Advertisement: