News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

An SMF CMS?

Started by Jeff Lewis, February 18, 2005, 11:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

You are not allowed to redistribute SMF.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Dannii

Read the licence. You can only distribute mods. This is to ensure that it is kept secure, and to keep support in the one place.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Panzer-

So it short, no one but the SMF Developers can actually make a seperate CMS?

winrules

Quote from: Panzer- on November 07, 2006, 02:21:57 PM
So it short, no one but the SMF Developers can actually make a seperate CMS?
No. You can make a SMF CMS without including the SMF files in it.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

bloc

Make an CMS and make a small mod that changes SMF to work with it for example.

Panzer-

Okie dokie... thanks guys.
I wont bother starting a project then.

Livethefire

On that SORT of topic
is there a mod to make the SMF have a front page, so its almost like a website
-if so what is it
And will it support new themes?

I can never find anythign like it, or maybe Im using the wrong keywords..

As for the SM CMS :(
that would have been awesome, the forums are amazing and at the minute bridging is troublesome.

Anyone recommend a CMS that bridges easily with it?

(thats why im thinking just make an intergrated frontpage on the forums... for news new gallery photos etc etc)

0897jhPEFUOIyG90

Check Bloc's signature Livethefire. ;)

Livethefire

I got linked to that once, and got confused.
Ill have a read, Danke

Kraken

After many retries on many portals and cms, i could not found any useful (for me) CMS.
So i decided to write my own mini cms to work with SMF ('cause i like it ;) ).
My questions are:
if i have some questions (about coding), can i post them here?
if i finish it and decide to release the source, can i use the smf as part of the name? (CMSMF f.e.) or it is not allowed?

Thanks in advance...

JayBachatero

Yea you can come and ask questions if you need help.  In regards to the name AFAIK you can't use SMF name on it.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

rickyreter

I no prob not in right thread but i seen this bloke on a forum selling these names:

officialsmf.com
onlinesmf.com
smfland.com
smfnation.com
supersmf.com

Maybe one of those ...lol ;D

H02c9rejc073fdsoJ

I currently use cpgnuke for my CMS. However, I was getting loads of spam posts because they use some for of phpBB forums.

SMF would be the perfect solution forum for me, but I would like some small CMS type functions.

-a frontpage that I can put advertisements on
-custom blocks that I can place right, center, left, bottom

I have used many CMS's in the past, I just want it easy, a way to advertise and a way to block/monitor spam posts.

Great work with the SMF though, I would just like to see a SMF CMS also.

I have also seen the vbulletin CMS that works similar to what I am looking for, but I think SMF can pull this off very easily with just a small php frontpage with blocks, polls, etc. on the main page.

..just my 2 cents

Kindred

Have you looked at tiny portal?   It does all that and is built as an SMF mod package.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nordoelum

When would this CMS ship? I have read none of the topic posts.

Birger :)

Eliana Tamerin

That's probably why you don't know that this is not a planned project. It won't ship.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

UFO

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 05, 2006, 03:15:51 AM

Am I allowed to print out the code, and then consume it, to see how everything comes out?

Kindred

???

You may download and use the SMF php files on your own server, you may not redistribute.   I think that is fairly clear.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Andre N

Quote from: UFO on June 20, 2009, 01:50:12 PM
Quote from: JayBachatero on November 05, 2006, 03:15:51 AM

Am I allowed to print out the code, and then consume it, to see how everything comes out?

Haha, this guy wins :D
Tinyportal is awesome. I recommend it.
"Every generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?"

Advertisement: