News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.3 released

Started by Owdy, March 25, 2005, 03:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flapper

Quote from: Trekkie101 on April 01, 2005, 07:51:47 AM
Wrong package, theres some text on the opening page of the package manager, read it, theres a link to use in it.

clicked on link and get this message

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. 

[Unknown]

http://mods.simplemachines.org/downloads/smf_1-0-3_package.tar.gz

This one, I said, not the one on the downloads page.  The one on the downloads page is not a package and is for, and only for, the purpose and procedure of uploading via FTP manually.

Please read what I typed carefully, and use the URL above.  Do not try to download the package from the downloads page.  You will not find it there.  It is not available for download from the downloads page.  Please use the link I posted above at the top of this post.  Please do not look for links in posts above mine, or use any other links.

-[Unknown]

flapper

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 01, 2005, 05:05:48 PM
http://mods.simplemachines.org/downloads/smf_1-0-3_package.tar.gz

This one, I said, not the one on the downloads page.  The one on the downloads page is not a package and is for, and only for, the purpose and procedure of uploading via FTP manually.

Please read what I typed carefully, and use the URL above.  Do not try to download the package from the downloads page.  You will not find it there.  It is not available for download from the downloads page.  Please use the link I posted above at the top of this post.  Please do not look for links in posts above mine, or use any other links.

-[Unknown]

I used your link, and downloaded file, then uploaded using package manager and get this error

An Error Has Occurred!
The package manager currently allows only these file types: zip, tar.gz. 

when i upload file using ftp, the file cannot be seen in the package manger

Just dont understand it

Kev

Hey guys,

I *think* i have upgraded to 1.0.3, i had 1.0.0 , but when i uploaded all the files and tried to run upgrade.php it said ;
The upgrader was unable to obtain write access to Upgrade.php.

If you are using a linux or unix based server, please ensure that the file is chmod'd to 777.
If your server is running Windows, please ensure that the internet guest account has the proper permissions on it.

Click here to try again.

now i only use the xp ftp,, and dont know how to change the chmod settins using it ??

so then i tried using update instead of upgrade but then hit the problem i couldnt get onto my site... so i had to click all 9 of the permision boxes before it would allow me autherisation to see my site, now, i STILL cant run upgrade.php it says the same and have to have all 9 permission boxes ticked to see the forum, however the site seems to think it is 1.0.3 and i have lost all my mods ?

please help, the site is hxxp:www.worldofcichlids.co.uk/forum [nonactive]

thanks

Kev

t4ll1f3r

Wow, pressed the button and I'm running 1.0.3.

How long before all the mods catch up with this version?

Mark

[Unknown]

Quote from: Kev on April 01, 2005, 05:51:15 PM
The upgrader was unable to obtain write access to Upgrade.php.

Settings.php?

How do I use chmod?

-[Unknown]

Kev

yes sorry settings .php, but is it safe to run the server like that with all boxes ticked ? thanks, kev

Kev

Doh, im a dork, sorry.... i thought by CHModding the forum folder, it would do all the files, obviously i was wrong.... did settings.php on its own aswell and its sorted.... thanks.... sorry about that, is it safe to add the mods i had from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 ? sorry for all the questions,

Kev

Trekkie101

nokonium

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /...../Sources/ManagePermissions.php on line 1084

I uninstalled the mods updated through package manager and reapplied the mods. I got a similar error, so I uninstalled the Arcade mod and tried again, same error just on a different line.

When uninstalling Arcade I got this

1.   Execute Modification   index.php   Success   
2.   Execute Modification   Themes/default/index.template.php   Success   
3.   Execute Modification   Sources/Subs.php   Success   
4.   Execute Modification   Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Success   
5.   Execute Modification   Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Failure   
6.   Execute Modification   Themes/default/Display.template.php   Success   
7.   Execute Modification   Sources/Display.php   Success

I've just checked through the file and there was an Arcade array still in there, so I've deleted it. Error line is 1077

Lines 1071 to 1077

),
'attachment' => array(
'view_attachments' => false,
'post_attachment' => false,
)
)
);

Drakkar

=) very good forum. I;m very glad that I changed ******in phpBB to this forum )))
Russia.

Anguz

Quote from: Drakkar on April 03, 2005, 12:03:53 AM
=) very good forum. I;m very glad that I changed ******in phpBB to this forum )))
Russia.

Please don't curse. That said, glad you like SMF.
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

joker

Updated all my forums (different versions, with max users: 3.000, max posts/thread: 13.500) to 1.0.3. All did fine! :)
Thanks a LOT!!
joker ;-)

[Unknown]

Quote from: nokonium on April 02, 2005, 05:09:22 PM
Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /...../Sources/ManagePermissions.php on line 1084

Upload a clean version of ManagePermissions.php from the upgrade zip file.  A mod you installed caused this problem, not the update.

-[Unknown]

nokonium

Arcade I expect, thanks [UNKNOWN]

troep

i'm new to using forums so who can help me out by giving me some sort of "walktrough" of how i should upgrade to 1.0.3.

tnx

Ben_S

What version are you currently running?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

troep

Trekkie101

On the downloads page, grab "Upgrade" package, upload the files then run upgrade.php and you will be on the current level.

troep

Advertisement: