News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Hide Tag Special

Started by enik, April 11, 2005, 03:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxtor

hello i have Hide Tgs 1.7.0 and a lot of hidden posts.
i want to upgrade to Hide Tags 1.8.0 but i dont want to loose current hidden tags.
what should i do?? Uninstall 1.7.0 and simple install 1.8.0 will work??

I use SMF 1.1.7.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

the tags will still remain in the post, so doing that should be fine :)

anyway, i got another question about this.

ok, so i add the tags and it works, that cool, thanks :)

but...  when i edit the post i dont get the same info i had posted before, i just get the hidden post message i put in the settings, so when i save it, thats all i get and i lose my hidden content

any idea's?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

ディン1031

Quote from: maxtor on January 29, 2009, 04:32:49 AM
hello i have Hide Tgs 1.7.0 and a lot of hidden posts.
i want to upgrade to Hide Tags 1.8.0 but i dont want to loose current hidden tags.
what should i do?? Uninstall 1.7.0 and simple install 1.8.0 will work??

I use SMF 1.1.7.
Update first to 1.7.1 and than you can update to 1.8.0 :).

Quote from: johncccccc on January 29, 2009, 09:45:08 PM
the tags will still remain in the post, so doing that should be fine :)

anyway, i got another question about this.

ok, so i add the tags and it works, that cool, thanks :)

but...  when i edit the post i dont get the same info i had posted before, i just get the hidden post message i put in the settings, so when i save it, thats all i get and i lose my hidden content

any idea's?
Normal this should not happen which version did you use?
Can you give me an image of the settings, i will try it with this settings.

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

ディン1031

Quote from: bigboss2 on January 27, 2009, 10:56:26 PM
See the screenshot attached.

More Details :

I created new account made him admin. (No special group, Made directly admin with full rights)
Founder can see all hidden information (links)
But the Admins other founder can see links in some boards and cannot see in the remaining.
I created earlier country name group which created problems related to hidden tags (similar). I deleted those groups.

So i tested it with you setting i tried follow way
Admin -> Register Management -> Create Account with amdin rights -> He can see it
User Register -> Admin Update Profile -> Give him Admin -> He can see it
Give an allready exist user admin rights -> Admin Update Profile -> He can see it...

So i will say that i can not reproduce it...

But you give me a nice idea to extent the mod :D

Quote from: Kimmie on January 28, 2009, 03:54:14 AM
ok I have an issue and I was finally told after 6 months that its not the SmilieyLimit mod causing the problem, its this mod...lol -- so here we go:

I have both those mods installed. When I have it set to a specific smiliey limit (lets use 3 as an example,) the smiley mod thinks that the hide tags are also smileys (when they are used in conjunction with code tags). What happens is: you cannot use more than 3 TOTAL of all of them (smileys and code/hide tags), or it will not let you post. You get the message" You are only permitted to post up to 3 smileys (which is the standard message for that mod when you try to post mor ethan the limit).

Now, the author of the smileylimit mod says its an issue with this mod, however I would think that the issue lies with his mod because its his mod that is thinking that the hide tags are smileys - howwever, I am not sure so I posted it here for you to analize..lol

You can see our discussion on it here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=107685.new#new
So you right there is way that the hide tag doesn't count the smilies inside the hidden content, because the complete content is removed when he is checking for smilies :). But it will count the image inside the hidden content before and with each image there could be one more smilie postet ;).
To prevent this he must change something into his mod that only needed if the hide tag special is installed. And i can not insert something because i can not detect the check for the smilies inside the post.

But i found a another bug when you use inline edit you can insert as much smilies as you like *g*, i think this a bug of the mod ;).

Should i give you a way to fix the count inside hidden content?

Bye
DIN1031

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Hide Tag Reply problem:

Settings image below with more info

Click image for full size.

anyway, when i click modify (at top) i see the red circled text in the posting box where i type the post.

now when i click quick modify(bottom) it works correctly, this is all kinda weird

SMF 2.0 RC5

ディン1031

Hmmm thats my standard setting...
I know only that it is not shown after the modify was sent, but it will not lose the data... thats the strange thing... and i tried a lot things now...

Bye
DIN1031

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

So, do you have any suggestions as to how i can fix this?

any ideas why quick modify works and normal modify dont?

SMF 2.0 RC5

ディン1031

Quote from: johncccccc on February 01, 2009, 12:42:15 PM

What i thought quick did not work... but normal... this is the first time...

Hmmm difficult...

bigboss2

Quote from: ディン1031 on January 31, 2009, 05:58:56 AM
Admin -> Register Management -> Create Account with amdin rights -> He can see it
Give an allready exist user admin rights -> Admin Update Profile -> He can see it...

Remember, I also want to add that, the new admin can see content in the hidden text in some boards. It is not that just he cannot see hidden text. I want to say that it cannot see hidden text in all boards. Do you want test it. I will give you temproray access rights to you to check it.

ディン1031

Quote from: bigboss2 on February 02, 2009, 01:31:04 AM
Quote from: ディン1031 on January 31, 2009, 05:58:56 AM

Remember, I also want to add that, the new admin can see content in the hidden text in some boards. It is not that just he cannot see hidden text. I want to say that it cannot see hidden text in all boards. Do you want test it. I will give you temproray access rights to you to check it.
That is something complete diffrent to that what you did say... at the moment this is not supported :x.
But i will see, i can insert a permission for this, but it's difficult because it can be confusing, i will see if i've an idea for this.

* ディン1031 extents the todo list

Bye
DIN1031

Kimmie

QuoteTo prevent this he must change something into his mod that only needed if the hide tag special is installed. And i can not insert something because i can not detect the check for the smilies inside the post

I tried to tell him this also but I dont think he liked that too well..lol. (I think he was mad at me because myself and a few others were complaing because it took him 6 months to even respond to our problems).  8)

QuoteSo you right there is way that the hide tag doesn't count the smilies inside the hidden content, because the complete content is removed when he is checking for smilies . But it will count the image inside the hidden content before and with each image there could be one more smilie postet .
To prevent this he must change something into his mod that only needed if the hide tag special is installed. And i can not insert something because i can not detect the check for the smilies inside the post.

But i found a another bug when you use inline edit you can insert as much smilies as you like *g*, i think this a bug of the mod .

Should i give you a way to fix the count inside hidden content?

If there is a bug within your mod, then just make an update when you have time and I will update my mod. I have never had a problem with the hide mod until I installed the smiley limit mod. I spent 6 months trying to get some support on the smiley mod thread only to basically get the response of "not all mods are compatible with other mods"...LOL so I got tired of trying to get it worked out. I ended up uninstalling the smiley mod completely because there is not only a conflict between it and your mod, but there is also a conflist between it, yuor mod,  and the VReport mod. What was happening was, I have several threads that were posted way before the smiley mod was installed that have more than 3 sets of code/hide tags in them and also have actual smileys in them as well. After I installed the smiley limit mod and set that limit to 3, as soon as someone reported one of those older threads, it rendered both the report thread and the actual thread no longer viewable (I was getting Zero Sized Reply Errors on both of them). Needless to say it was a huge mess..lol. I cant get into my pm outbox now either because there are older messages that I have sent to people that contained more than 3 smileys and the code tags were used. Every time I try and go to my outbox I get the Zero Sized Reply error and causes me to not be able to send or receive pms.

that smiley mod caused me ALOT of problems to say the least..lol.

Dzonny

I notice That hide tag dont work after i upgrated my forum to 1.1.8...
Registered members cant see links...
i start cheking all edited files, and i noticed that some code is missing...I'm just edited few files, but in Subs.php there is no this code, that have to be edited:
// Generate a random seed and ensure it's stored in settings.
That code dont exist...
This is the mod:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse
My theme Delber MC

Can someone help me with this, i'll be grateul...
Someone also have this problem?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: ディン1031 on February 01, 2009, 03:11:16 PM

Hmmm difficult...

Well im glad you understand the problem and are working on it, if you need an administrator or any account on my forum to help resolve the issue, just ask and i will PM it to you thanks

SMF 2.0 RC5

ディン1031

Quote from: Dzonny on February 05, 2009, 11:48:29 AM
I notice That hide tag dont work after i upgrated my forum to 1.1.8...
Registered members cant see links...
i start cheking all edited files, and i noticed that some code is missing...I'm just edited few files, but in Subs.php there is no this code, that have to be edited:
// Generate a random seed and ensure it's stored in settings.
That code dont exist...
This is the mod:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse
My theme Delber MC

Can someone help me with this, i'll be grateul...
Someone also have this problem?
Are you sure this is missing oO this is an smf standard...

You can insert the function also before the ?> inside the Subs.php this will work also ;).

Quote from: johncccccc on February 05, 2009, 02:34:53 PM

Hmmm difficult...

Well im glad you understand the problem and are working on it, if you need an administrator or any account on my forum to help resolve the issue, just ask and i will PM it to you thanks
If i've time i will sent you a pm ;).

Bye
DIN1031

Dzonny

I've install 1.8.0 version of this mod manualy, and now,all my post are empty!...
Where am i wrong?

ディン1031

Quote from: Dzonny on February 06, 2009, 10:47:45 AM
I've install 1.8.0 version of this mod manualy, and now,all my post are empty!...
Where am i wrong?
My magic eye say: Sorry i don't know what you forget to insert :X

Upload the old not changed version and try it again... it's impossible for me to say why this happen :X

Bye
DIN1031

altaaah

I've installed Hide Tag Special  V.2.2.0 successfully (just some Russian language error during the installation, which is probably ignoreable).  Well, I gave every user group the permission to use it and still I get the error message "empty post, please enter some data". SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public German installed.

Any idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: johncccccc on February 05, 2009, 02:34:53 PM

Hmmm difficult...

ok, i have really weird news.

ok so i used the top normal modify button again. but this topic had Rapidshare links in it, not im useing a firefox addon that determines where links are good or not, it puts a little red x or green check mark on the end depending on validity of links.

anyway..

using quick modify everything is normal, using normal modify i see the little red x or green check mark in the post typing box.

so i tested this on a post with a Rapidshare link in it which did not use the hide tag and got the same thing,

This leads me to think i have a problem with my forum and not software your mod.

it like the modify button reads the data that is normally displayed instead of reading it from database, but im not sure,

im gonna post in the support section on this :)

Thanks for your help

SMF 2.0 RC5

Dzonny

Ok, I've edited all files manually, and when i do it all my post are empty...
I belive error is in Subs.php, so I've attach that file here if someone can edit that for me, couse I really dont know what's the problem about this...
It was working fine untill i've upgrade to 1.1.8, and i have big number of posts that is hidden, so i'll be grateful if someone can tell me how to fix this...
Regards

Edit: I've fix this thing...Thanks. :D

ディン1031

Quote from: Dzonny on February 07, 2009, 06:59:12 AM
Ok, I've edited all files manually, and when i do it all my post are empty...
I belive error is in Subs.php, so I've attach that file here if someone can edit that for me, couse I really dont know what's the problem about this...
It was working fine untill i've upgrade to 1.1.8, and i have big number of posts that is hidden, so i'll be grateful if someone can tell me how to fix this...
Regards

Edit: I've fix this thing...Thanks. :D
Good to hear that you fixed it :).

Advertisement: